I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

Really, we just need a new name for this particular genre. Action RPG doesn't cut it - ME2, Deus Ex, both seem to be in this category of games and arguing whether they're more RPG or shooter is getting tiresome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So, finished most of the recruiting and loyalty missions. Jack hates me, despite me not having anything with "The Cheerleader" =]

At least Tali is wearing a mask. If she turns out to be "ugly", I can always insist that she keeps the mask on :lol:

Despite my assistants assurances of doing the fish feeding, I am slavishly feeding my fish after even short trips. Some of those blue little buggers costs a fortune. Enough for several lesser upgrades. They damn well better survive this trip.

Still one empty slot in my npc list, I suspect that would be the "legion" guy I remember reading about. Otherwise, I think I am overstaffed at the moment. Not that I should complain about being spoiled (spoilt?) for choice, but I wonder why my ship feels like an episode of some day time television drama :confused:

This game needs more Krogan and less Emo :lol:

Whoever came up with planet scanning must have been paid to make Mako missions look good by comparison. Is there such a thing as a life long ban for designers?!? The other minigames get boring after 2-3 times.

Combat is Ok. Does its job, slowing down the pace of the game and filling up the space between story points. Hint, don't use the BFG (Cain900 or something) at close range. Playing a soldier, I do most of the killing, using either my large capacity assault gun or my sniper rifle, depending on how far away the enemy has gone into cover. People don't really play this game for the combat anyway, do they?

I mentioned it before, I love the environments, especially places like Omega and the "Spaceship Graveyards". Kudos for making the side quests varied. Whether it had it or not, the game leaves the impression of high production values. Only a few (technical) bugs so far.

I wish they would cut down the number of NPC's to half their current number and then use those resources on more locations, environments etc :shifty:

Off to find this IFF thing...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

@Gorth: Have you purchased a Space Hamster yet? 'Cause you know, Space Hamsters > Space Fish.

Yes, I have my own miniature giant space hamster. Surprised they didn't put a sticker that said "Boo" on that cage :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I may be going a dark road here, but maybe having customizable addons to weapons is better than "+20% damage" and whatnot? Make it so that you can't have all the upgrades and actually have to choose them based on your playstyle. This will add tons of depth to the system.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have enough cash for all the upgrades on my first run, even with a lvl 60 "rich" imported ME1 character. The extra long service cash might result in this, but I dunno. I can see your point, but I have nothing against this system - it would probably just call for more variety in the guns.

Whatever Mass Effect 2's flaws when it comes to combat, I find it far more entertaining and interesting than ME 1 was. I use cover all the time. Maybe too much, but in ME 1, I only used cover when I fought the rocket drones on the moon and when I fought the colossus on whatever planet you rescue Liara on. After my soldier got immunity and some of the better armors, I'd fight enemies by running right at them and taking them down one by one as they all shot at me.

ME2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just found funny spam in my Bioware account inbox:

(Removed e-mail address)

Hello

I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.u know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,

(Removed e-mail address) i dont know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress

(Removed e-mail address) as you know

there is no age,race,colour n religion bar when it comes to true love,

cares Sofia.

If someone is feeling ronery, PM me and I'll give the e-mail address :x

And I can't get enough of the

that plays in afterlife main floor, awesome stuff!

^

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahha! DD wins!

Yes, I have my own miniature giant space hamster. Surprised they didn't put a sticker that said "Boo" on that cage wink.gif

I'd sue them.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Really, we just need a new name for this particular genre. Action RPG doesn't cut it - ME2, Deus Ex, both seem to be in this category of games and arguing whether they're more RPG or shooter is getting tiresome.

Cinematic Story-Driven 3rd Person Shooter.

That's what they are to me at least.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I just found funny spam in my Bioware account inbox:

(Removed e-mail address)

Hello

I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.u know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,

(Removed e-mail address) i dont know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress

(Removed e-mail address) as you know

there is no age,race,colour n religion bar when it comes to true love,

cares Sofia.

If someone is feeling ronery, PM me and I'll give the e-mail address :lol:

And I can't get enough of the

that plays in afterlife main floor, awesome stuff!

There really are some great emails in the game. I liked the Citadel Nigerian money scam one.

ME2 has multiple ways to complete quests?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

ME2 has multiple ways to complete quests?

Yep. Most of those are dialogue/interrupt based, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still need to do loyalty missions for Samara and that Thane, but so far I'm really digging this game. The story is non-existing, but the character writing is good. Love all of the reminders of my my choices from ME1 popping up everywhere. Kinda wish there was more "consequence" for them. Combat for me is a lot more fun than in ME1 - I'm playing as a soldier, and I find myself constantly switching between different ammo and guns. In ME1 I just walked through the levels with my shotgun, pwning every living thing.

"ME2 has multiple ways to complete quests?"

Yes.

"The story is non-existing

"

Kiddin' right? Story is right in your face. Collectors are kidnappingb humans en masse, and you trying to figure out why and stop them while finding the baddest bad asses to help you stop them. The game is the story.

Anyways, ME2 is an Action RPG with shooter elements. It may be a dumbed down RPG but it a RPG. And, it has more C&C than most full fledge RPGs. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's hardly a story. ME1's story, as silly as it was, was much better, with a villain, support cast, build up and a twist. ME2 is just support cast, support cast, support cast, support cast(granted, best written support cast in last 5 or so years). Unless something drastically changes after IFF mission.

ME2 really is setting the stage for ME3. Whereas ME1 was a pretty complete adventure, ME2 is really just a build up. It didn't bother me in the least because it was a fantastic build up, and given how my decisions in ME1 showed up in ME2, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together in the third game.

Finding the origins of the super-secret, long dead (or almost all dead) species that created the original Reapers back in the dawn of history... and the location of the mystical Reaper Ctrl-Alt-Del key.. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

...while your hastily assembled and horribly underpowered rag-tag fleet attempts to hold the Reapers off and the Alliance still refuses to acknowledge their existence.

Yup, sounds like a standard Bioware fare to me.

Edited by Purkake