Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Yeah, but he's meant to be a symbol to the Humans.. and you don't really encounter that many "average citizen human"

The least they could have done, was giving him a different voice.

Really, with the technological prowess Cerberus seems to possess, they could've simply scraped some DNA off the surface of whichever planet Shepard crash-landed on, and built an army of mind-controlled Shepard clones. Instead of rebuilding just one lowly person that gets killed in 10 seconds when standing out in the open, like everyone else.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, but he's meant to be a symbol to the Humans.. and you don't really encounter that many "average citizen human"

The least they could have done, was giving him a different voice.

Really, with the technological prowess Cerberus seems to possess, they could've simply scraped some DNA off the surface of whichever planet Shepard crash-landed on, and built an army of mind-controlled Shepard clones. Instead of rebuilding just one lowly person that gets killed in 10 seconds when standing out in the open, like everyone else.

Who says they didn't? :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hm, and I'd have felt more oomph about being interested in the Achievements if they actually gave in-game benefits again..

Although I think if you get the loyalty achievements it opens up the "bonus skills" and you get to choose one from the beginning of any new game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, and I'd have felt more oomph about being interested in the Achievements if they actually gave in-game benefits again..

Although I think if you get the loyalty achievements it opens up the "bonus skills" and you get to choose one from the beginning of any new game.

You can also get any of the bonus skills during the game through the research console. And you can get all of them together.

You can also get any of the bonus skills during the game through the research console. And you can get all of them together.

Yes, but you have to do the research and pay the element zero in-game. I was meaning that they've also set it up like the bonus skill you could unlock in the first game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

BTW, if you choose to change your face after a save import, how the hell do people recognize you?

Maybe they smell you. And everyone seems to know your name anyway if your conversation with them is a bit longer, you don't even have to introduce yourself. :lol:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Best dialogue so far:

"Yo Shepard, I'm real happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Frankenstein is the best resurrection of all time!!"

- Jacob, upon first meeting him.

Apart from that, the lad seems pretty boring.

Little more end-ish spoilers:

The EDI-Joker "relationship" thing happened too suddenly. It just suddenly goes from nagging to best buddies, they should have dragged it out a bit.

Also, the bit where you control Joker was pretty much out of nowhere and totally different from the rest of the game.

The planet scanning mini-game is hilariously obscene. Shooting tiny probes at a huge globe... very subtle, indeed.

At least it could've been made more entertaining by adding the voice-over from Look who's talking.

Edited by virumor

Trent has a lot of personality, you just didn't read the journal!

Hey, it's not a girly diary! It's a manly journal.

Fixed! You fix it too!

I fixed it!

Now you fix it again!

Fixed it again!

It wasn't just her bum that distracted me. I have observed her every fine qualities. >.>

Trent has a lot of personality, you just didn't read the journal!

Hey, it's not a girly diary! It's a manly journal.

Fixed! You fix it too!

I fixed it!

Now you fix it again!

Fixed it again!

It wasn't just her bum that distracted me. I have observed her every fine qualities. >.>

Fixed! Now you fix too! (Indeed her other assets rival those of Miranda)

BTW, I'm sensing an infinite loop of Hasselhoff proportions.

46405883.hasselhoff.gif

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

The planet scanning mini-game is hilariously obscene. Shooting tiny probes at a huge globe... very subtle, indeed.

At least it could've been made more entertaining by adding the voice-over from Look who's talking.

You must go and probe the most apparent target in the Local sector then. Even the AI gets it. :D

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

IIRC, the one you earn for beating the game gives you +25% XP. Maybe it's not the only one?

Being clever wasn't the point.

There wasn't a point to begin with, apparently.

It seems that, originally, the system was a hybrid of ME1 and what they ended up implementing. Apparently, heat absorption packs actually absorbed heat instead of working as ammo packs, so you could wait for the gun to cool down and let the thingamajig do its thing. If you went John Woo and just kept firing, the thing would be overloaded and you'd have to eject it and "reload". Makes more sense that way, I think. Wonder why they went with plain ammunition in the end.

edit: also, YO!

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.