Mass Effect 2 Discussion

And if you go with

killing Samara, Morinth joins your crew..but to everyone else, she looks like Samara...

I'm not really sure of the sense of doing that...

Oh, but

once the suicide mission is over, Morinth will try to persuade you that Shep is too strong willed to die if they get all nekked together...

Edit: Oh, and of course the art concepts for Samara "we wanted something feminine to suggest 'Mystical Warrior' " - For yes, nothing says Mystical Warrior quite like epic cleavage.... >_<

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For yes, nothing says Mystical Warrior quite like epic cleavage.... :shifty:
Oh but you're wrong there fella. Not even epic cleavage can beat chestgrabbing hands with a lot of open skin.

BTW, so Samara isn't romanceable, right?

Edited by Oner

BTW, so Samara isn't romanceable, right?

Not properly. Male Shep can hit on her, but she does the whole

"i'm flattered, but I can't. I'm a justicar and I don't want to take the chance of creating another kid I have to spend the next 400 years hunting down and killing"

You guys do realize of course, that:

Samara = Boobies

Samara = Justicar

Justicars = Space Paladins

∴ Samara = Space Paladin Boobies

However, Asari = Space Elves

Samara = Asari

Samara = Space Elf Paladin

But, Aribeth = Elf Paladin Boobies

∴ Samara = Aribeth in Space :shifty:

manthing2.jpg

Asari (or at least Samara) are Dark Elves, and Dark Elves are awesome. Also, I think she's more Inquisitor than Paladin, no? (both classes have awesome babes -charisma 18 :shifty: - so it doesn't matter much)

Not properly. Male Shep can hit on her, but she does the whole

"i'm flattered, but I can't. I'm a justicar and I don't want to take the chance of creating another kid I have to spend the next 400 years hunting down and killing"

:( Edited by Oner

Speaking of Asari, why is that Omega chick purple? Did her mother 'melt' with a Hanar?

Asari don't actually borrow genetic material from the "father/mother" they meld with. Just some sort of weird, semi-telapathic / neural imprint. Off-hand, isn't the bartender on Illium non-blue? It might just be one of those odd skin coloration things that's natural variance to the Asari race..

And this time, they even do have a "green-skinned alien girl" to follow the true trope :shifty:

That's what Chambers is for :shifty:

How do you get her to do it? I never saw the option...

If you flirt with her enough (I couldn't do it enough to get beyond dinner), she offers to feed your fish while you're away. I'd think that you should be able to ask her regardless of her standing with you, I mean you ARE the CO :(.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Somebody save my soul, is there anything more to planet exploration than resources? Are there random encounters? I've had several, but they werent random, they were quests/missions.

Because the planet scanning is annoying the hell out of me.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Somebody save my soul, is there anything more to planet exploration than resources? Are there random encounters? I've had several, but they werent random, they were quests/missions.

Agreed, it's not much of an upgrade over driving the Mako around. I guess it takes less time overall.

Anyone else feel guilty about depleting planets?

I just went *** this *** and cheated myself 50,000 of every resource. The harvesting minigame is just a chore, there's no gameplay in it. And I play to play, I dont want to grind pointless crap.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just went *** this *** and cheated myself 50,000 of every resource. The harvesting minigame is just a chore, there's no gameplay in it. And I play to play, I dont want to grind pointless crap.

Why only 50K? That's not going to be enough to buy all the upgrades.

Yeah, do 300k and you're set.

Just finished the game. Was quite satisfying but nowhere near all that greatness I've been reading around elsewhere. I'm not sure it's even any better than Me1 since it has plenty of bull**** you guys have already mentioned and discussed. Maybe I'll play it again to get the remaining 2 achievements , Warp 30x and get char to lvl30. I don't even know what i have to do for the last one, afaik i saw everything i cpuld and finished every quest i could and i was still only lvl 28 by the end of the game.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah, do 300k and you're set.

Just finished the game. Was quite satisfying but nowhere near all that greatness I've been reading around elsewhere. I'm not sure it's even any better than Me1 since it has plenty of bull**** you guys have already mentioned and discussed. Maybe I'll play it again to get the remaining 2 achievements , Warp 30x and get char to lvl30. I don't even know what i have to do for the last one, afaik i saw everything i cpuld and finished every quest i could and i was still only lvl 28 by the end of the game.

I've heard that the only way to hit level 30 on your first run is to import a level 60 character from ME1.

I've heard that the only way to hit level 30 on your first run is to import a level 60 character from ME1.

Well I can confirm that happens. Imported a level 60 character, and hit level 30 in ME2 during the

shooting the "structural supports" of the human-reaper doohickey.

Agreed, it's not much of an upgrade over driving the Mako around. I guess it takes less time overall.

I just wanted to know if there was the possibility of getting a random encounter or something, or will it all be resource collection?

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I just wanted to know if there was the possibility of getting a random encounter or something, or will it all be resource collection?

There are a few (very few) planets where you'll be notified that there's something you might want to go and check out when you start scanning.

Some planets do give the "anomaly detected" which means there's some form of mission. You still have to scan a bit, although you get a white line pointing in the direction you have to go. Then you drop a probe on it, and you get a "Land on Planet" tab appear.

Usually it's a short 10-20 minute thing. But I think they're all fairly.. unique-ish, rather then the cookie-cutter missions you found on ME1 planets.

And at present, I don't think there's that many of them. Probably part of the whole leaving room for the "future dlc" and "hammerhead" that's upcoming in the near future (supposedly).

No random encounter, I just focus on the resources i'm missing and stop once the planet is at good or moderate.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Playing EVE prepared me well for the planet scans, hah. I do wonder why no one seems to mind you just ripping the minerals from their world (some of the codex entries mention settlements)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra