FO:NV: The Return of Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

Pidesco

DA had good songs beside the menu theme?

Are you now arguing with me about taste?

No. I remember three songs, two of those were incredibly boring. So, there either are good ones which I missed, or... I'm arguing with you about taste.

The Vault doesn't even mention him doing it, so I guess not.

He continued to work on movies and television programs during these years, composing the soundtrack to Au Pair in 1999 and the English version of the 2000 anime series Escaflowne.
Some idiot actually had the OST of Escaflowne changed? Wow.

The Vault doesn't even mention him doing it, so I guess not.

He continued to work on movies and television programs during these years, composing the soundtrack to Au Pair in 1999 and the English version of the 2000 anime series Escaflowne.
Some idiot actually had the OST of Escaflowne changed? Wow.

I've actually only seen it with subtitles, but then again I watched it back in like 1999 so that would make sense.

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

No. I remember three songs, two of those were incredibly boring. So, there either are good ones which I missed, or... I'm arguing with you about taste.

Lelianas song and the one that plays in end credits are really good... but thats about it. He isn't bad but he isn't great either. I hope someone else does the FO-NV score.

the English version of the 2000 anime series Escaflowne

back in like 1999

:)

Lelianas song and the one that plays in end credits are really good... but thats about it. He isn't bad but he isn't great either. I hope someone else does the FO-NV score.
Right. So three good songs.

Wot, the suicide inducing one from that generic rock band?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The good thing about the Fallout 3 engine was that the music files weren't encrypted, or packed. I could just replace the mp3s with those from F1/2, and go on with it.

And this of course is likely to remain true of fo:nv.

Side note: I really hope somebody knows of some sort of optimum pc build for this game, as the compatibility and performance issues I'm tiring of with fo3 are likely to be identical to those in fo:nv.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I haven't had any performance trouble with Fallout 3, it actually ran pretty damn good I think. But, the problem I'd like to see rectified are the goddamn crashes which happens consistantly after playing for a while. I had very similar problems with Oblivion so I don't know if it's something weird the Gamebryo engine, but the crashes have been happening on two different systems. It's extremely annoying and I really hope they can fix it in New Vegas.

EDIT: As for Zur, I find his stuff to be extremely forgettable even when he *tries* to go memorable and epic like with Dragon Age. The exception is the Icewind Dale 2 soundtrack which is good.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I haven't had any performance trouble with Fallout 3, it actually ran pretty damn good I think. But, the problem I'd like to see rectified are the goddamn crashes which happens consistantly after playing for a while. I had very similar problems with Oblivion so I don't know if it's something weird the Gamebryo engine, but the crashes have been happening on two different systems. It's extremely annoying and I really hope they can fix it in New Vegas.

EDIT: As for Zur, I find his stuff to be extremely forgettable even when he *tries* to go memorable and epic like with Dragon Age. The exception is the Icewind Dale 2 soundtrack which is good.

Well I'm running it on a Pentium® D 3.00Ghz with 2 gb ram and a geforce 7300 LE, it does not get along with this game.

Hmmm... I hadn't been around here for a while but I feel the boards were changed into a chat one rather than a discussion one... >_<

O. K. :sweat: I'll write down my impression about the info revealed so far.

I think we've got different view to what makes Fall Out Fall Out. Some point out turn-based combat but, for me, it's a post-apocalyptic world, where people lost the civilization after the highly-systematized world has committed suicide with their most powerful weapons, while still clinging to the rusty remaining of it, especially who try to make use of it to try to take the power. So, there are still power-struggles even in the miserable situation of what was called civilization, where the player is to be thrown into. :lol: The point of the RPG is, IMO, enjoy it like a mischievous child who is given a sandbox filled with various toys such as laser guns, interesting characters/settings, garbage to be scavenged, and the power-structures which can be played out. Especially, I'd like to fiddle with political structures and to make fool of these power-mad people, who are still trying to take advantage of the remained technologies. The factions may be only divided into only three of them but they seem to have their own power structures which has their own causes for conflicts. The touch where the PC is allowed to make NPCs fight each other in Yojinbo style is classic in this game.

Judging from what I have glimpsed so far, Obsidian is right in the track by making use of the experience of their past games, whether they are done or not. I'm glad that Obsidians seem to be enjoying the development process after these years of some canceled projects and hope their long waited work will finally be given birth. I wonder how many of gamers will like it but I'm definitely looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

As far as Oblivion / Fallout 3 and crashes are concerned, I'll just ask if you're playing with mods, because everyone does (and should). That's probably your answer.

I'm pretty much with Starwars here, although I do notice a slight bump in the number of crashes while running mods. It's mostly when entering new cells or when coming into range/line of sight of an npc spawn node (probably a couple of mods conflicting over ai scripts, npc type, npc load out.)

The kind of crashes I experience from the core game happen when the level geometry gets a bit too busy, there's a big fire fight, and/or I move my field of view very rapidly from one direction to another.

With Fallout 3, there are two different crashes I get. One I can get the jump, as it's when I'm using VATS. I can tell that the longer I play the game, the more "sluggish" the game will get when entering and using VATS. Eventually it will crash when entering VATS.

The other crash can happen pretty much everywhere it seems. Just out and about in the Wasteland or whatever and then, suddenly, crash. That's what happened to me in Oblivion as well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Try to update your chipset drivers. It sometimes helps.

I just gave that a shot, and all I can tell you is that it didn't crash for the 3/4's of an hour I was playing.

It crashed when I closed the program out, but that happens so frequently that I ususally don't notice it.

Edited by Mikhailian