FO:NV: The Return of Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

Pidesco

You know i am quite glad I didn't see a Brotherhood of Steel soldier standing there. At first I thought it would be a vagrant or the main character standing there, but when I saw the NCR flag, i must admit I got a little excited. I am really glad that Obsidian is in charge of this spin off, I liked the NCR in Fallout 2 and thought it had good potential and I am glad to see it revisited.

Fantastic teaser! I don't know if the teaser really IS fantastic or if it's because I'm already overly excited about this title, but IT'S FANTASTIC TO ME!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I like the new Logo.

Is there any other information coming today? Or was the teaser all we got?

*slaps Morgoth*

Such impertinence! Know your place, dreg! These FO devs are Gods amongst us mere mortals. They give us sweet, TRUE FO nectar (not the fake crap from the "other guys") and you have the audacity to ask for more?! Be grateful for this precious handout.

No seriously, Obsidian. Give us more. I'm not joking. I know where you guys live.

manthing2.jpg

What if the city was in such a good shape thanks to the NCR and the guy at the end is in fact completely unrelated to the NCR and wants to ransack the new city?
Then you vote on Good Guys. :)

Damn you Obs, I didn't want to get this excited about the game! Damn yoooouuuu!

Edited by Oner

So here's a question - Is Vegas completely surrounded by mountains? Because if I didn't know any better (and I don't) I'd guess the graveyard is in the bed of Lake Mead and the NCR guy is coming from the East, just looking at aerial shots of the city. That can't be right.

The persons outfit loosely fits the textbox description of Tychos desert ranger clothes, so I think we can safely say what this guy is.

So the city is likely controlled by NCR? Mild authoritarian facists with good loot meets the town that the mob built? Main character is grizzled survivor from parts equally unknown and deadly, coming to exploit every chip lined opprotunity/deliver the wicked to bloody gib-filled-justice/or simply palm a couple of cards while palming a couple of showgirls? That's all assuming we're even looking at the main npc. Either way, color me intrigued.

*Blue moon..."

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes