Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

every time you steal a game a baby pixie dies

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I hope the influence mini-game won't go too far. I hate sucking up to henchmen with diametrically opposed viewpoints that constantly whine about PC's decisions.

I usually play good or neutral characters, so I'll be probably at odds with Morrigan. I have the feeling she'll find herself with an over-sized flamberg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah so my number one complaint with this game is that I somehow managed to make a character that looks exactly like Alastair. It's maddening because I always have him in my party, and like, ever time either of us are on screen it takes me a second to relize if it's my character or him.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

which party members have the funniest banter?

from the previews it looked like the combo of alistair and morrigan might be funny, is it?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

For the mild derailment.. I have to admit that as I read through this thread, I'm getting certain Gilbert & Sullivan songs going through my mind...

Tarantara!

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For the mild derailment.. I have to admit that as I read through this thread, I'm getting certain Gilbert & Sullivan songs going through my mind...

Tarantara!

And that would be enough "Pirate" derailment for one thread. There is nothing funny or witty about piracy. Glorifying idiocy may be funny in the right context, but there is a time and place for everything. I'll happily share some pain with people who encourage or promote piracy in this place, but lets keep the pitch forks and the torches at home until appropriate.

Now, if you ladies and gentlemen could be so nice as to not force me to read more of this thread until I manage to find this thing down at the EB games store... :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I hope the influence mini-game won't go too far."

It's not even a mini game. It's just normal interatcions like any BIO game.

" I hate sucking up to henchmen with diametrically opposed viewpoints that constantly whine about PC's decisions."

then don't suck up. Just pick the responses your character would, and deal with the consequences. C&C

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And, oh, it's not even an influence system. That's a misnomer. It's an approval/disapproval system. It's even referred to as such in the manual, and in the codex.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

which party members have the funniest banter?

from the previews it looked like the combo of alistair and morrigan might be funny, is it?

I hear Morrigan constantly belittling Leliana is pretty funny.

Does DA have male-male homosexual romances?

Yes, even a threesome.

Four is the magic number, my friend.

How in Lordgenome's twisty spiral?!

Three is company, but four is a crowd.

Nobody likes a crowd.

Isn't six a crowd?

Hehe. You guys are trying to get Gorth back in here right quick, aren't you?

And everybody knows that the optimal number of simultaneous sexual partners is 2 & 1/3. (At least everyone who has tried it does...)

On topic addendum: Ordered my copy from Amazon this morning, with the 5-9 day free shipping. They estimated the ship date to be Nov. 9. Got an email saying it had shipped at around 4PM... from their facility in Sterling VA, < 25 miles from my house. It's USPS, so it'll still probably take until Saturday, but I really think that a lot of Amazon's positive credibility is based on their giving unrealistically long ship-time estimates, and then beating them easily.

My favorite moment so far:

post-1288-1257392938_thumb.jpg

The dominant religion in Ferelden is the Chantry, which worships the Maker. Above is an image of my PC (the woman in metal armor) receiving a blessing from a Reverend Mother. The three women behind me are (from left to right) Leliana, Morrigan, and Wynne. I like how their poses in this shot reflects their attitude towards religion.

Not really. Morrigan and Alistair are very funny as they constantly snark at one another. Morrigan and Leliana

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

My favorite moment so far:

post-1288-1257392938_thumb.jpg

The dominant religion in Ferelden is the Chantry, which worships the Maker. Above is an image of my PC (the woman in metal armor) receiving a blessing from a Reverend Mother. The three women behind me are (from left to right) Leliana, Morrigan, and Wynne. I like how their poses in this shot reflects their attitude towards religion.

Not really. Morrigan and Alistair are very funny as they constantly snark at one another. Morrigan and Leliana

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Someone was asking earlier about how a sex scene looks like: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sexy-mon...ragon-age/58583

LMAO...corny silliness, at least when taken out of context. *chortle*

...but other than that, this game looks like it has potential & I haven't played a 'deeper' RPG in a long time, maybe I'd like them again. Thanks for all the thoughts on the game so far....I may pick it up when done w/Borderlands. It's nice to have a PC that can play new games again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is this a game about funny hats?

The Chantry oppresses mages by making them wear funny hats.

When they release the toolset, I'm making a invisable heargear mod.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I thought you could turn off the headgear display?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No. The headgear is automatically removed in conversations (for the PC and followers) and in some cutscenes, but there is no 'turn off helmet' button.

Edited by Maria Caliban

Oh goodie. I look forward to seeing Bioware's newest attempt at making non-ridiculous headgear.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh goodie. I look forward to seeing Bioware's newest attempt at making non-ridiculous headgear.

I kinda like the Templar helmets, but I haven't seen much else that I liked.

I liked that scene if only because I had an odd moment with Leliana who promised that we wouldn't make trouble, but then because of the camera angles and character positioning, broke the fourth wall and gave me a worried look.

No.

Well, I'm sure that will be modded into the game fairly soon (I might even take a crack at that). :lol:

I wish the toolset would be released already, I'd like to take a crack at modding myself. Though I couldn't see myself doing much more than small/short length custom campaigns.

Also for topic: I'm having a lot of fun with DA, tis good.

Edited by Syraxis