Dragon Age

Gorth

Watched the intro. Why do North Americans always say "London, England"?

You see, I subscribe to the view that Americans aren't thick at Geography. To the contrary, most of them know exactly where London is (although they might get confused about the status of England apropos the constitutional arrangements within the United Kingdom, for which I do not blame them at all).

And in this case there was a visual clue, to wit the Houses of fricking Parliament in the background. It was hardly London Ohio or London soemwhere else was it?

:brows:

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, wouldn't it still technically be England? I don't know how people over there refer to themselves, so I am guessing my impression is wrong given your statements.

Did the entire identity and concept of "England" disappear when it became the United Kingdom? I thought you'd still get people that would refer to themselves as Scots and whatnot, but perhaps not.

I do understand that England as a sovereign nation no longer exists though :brows:

People get confused by the United Kingdom, Great Britain and all the rest of it. I won't bore you with the Act of Union (etc), Devolution (yawn) and so on... all you need to know is that London is capital of the UK and it's in England.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm like 5 minutes in and it really is a bizarre event. They did a little pull back and you could see a bunch of bored teenagers hanging out. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Team USA, the all girl team? Currently dead last. :brows:

Both my nationality and my gender are being pwned here.

Bio feed:"Team USA chooses not to wear helmets as they prefer the look of hair. Personally, if a mace is coming at my head, I'd rather have steel."

:aiee:

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

There is a place called London in Canada, too.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, just skimmed and I have to say this whole "I want to see my hair" deal is why Blizzard has the option to turn off the helm and cloak graphics. I would say it's because of teenage boys wanting to see the beauty of their female avatars, but my wife and both of my sisters turned off the helm and cloak graphics because they hate the way they look. That way you can have the benefit of the helm without actually seeing it. Maybe they use a lot of hairspray.

Anyhow, just poked my head in to say I supported Allan's sorry backside with a preorder for Dragon Age. I saw it while buying Torchlight on Steam and figured, "what the hell?" :grin:

The next step for Bioware:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176676

I'm not gonna give his name, but there's one guy who hasn't had a girlfriend for decades and talking about his virtual friend makes him so incredibly happy."
This may just be the most pathetic thing I've ever read.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

US dropped out. I guess helmets are good idea :grin:

Seriously.

I know two of the women on the team. I wonder if I should harass or console them.

Do both.

"You did quite well considering you didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm not gonna give his name, but there's one guy who hasn't had a girlfriend for decades and talking about his virtual friend makes him so incredibly happy."

I beat that game.

Free games updated 3/4/21

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/10/27/advis...-husband-h.html

Even married guys are getting some virtual love.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-