Dragon Age

Gorth

So, is this game ever going to be released?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You born with water on your head boy?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

No, just haven't been following the development closely (read: at all).

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

^ sorry to disappoint, but I actually rate Dave.

What do you rate him?

Whaddya mean, out of ten?

I think he's got a good heart, he's creative and he's made stuff I like.

:: shrugs ::

I wish him well, but that doesn't mean that I have to like everything he does.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think he meant that it would be MUCH faster and easier to see the release date on Wikipedia, or you know, any gaming-related site.

Here in Yoorup we get it 3 days after the World's Greatest Democracy which means that they'll have finished it several times before I even install it.

-ehm-

Not unless they (as in US and Canada) play 24-7 for three days straight, they won't. And then, they only will have finished it once, maybe twice I think.

The main story, I think, can be done in 40-50 hours or a bit less, while if you do side quests, it will take you about 80 hours or a bit less, maybe a bit more.

The only sad :thumbsup: thing right now is that the PC 3 announcement that Ray and Gred did was that in Europe we have to wait for the PS3 version, while the US and Canada get it for the PS3 on November 3rd 2009. Good for them :) -- sad for us in Europe >_<

Still, it is great that the game is finally out.

I'm justa little bit mellow about the fact that I can't play it on my waning old(er) 6 year old computer...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Same 3-day delay with NZ, but that's so much better than most games as I remember it (I think ten years ago they took a couple of months).

Sadly games are still about a third cheaper in the US, even with shipping. I just worked out that I could order from amazon with normal shipping for a combined 60USD, and get it about a week late; to buy it off the shelf would cost 75USD.

Just continues my trend of buying games from overseas after Risen... goodbuy, idiot retailers.

I have to delay my purchase until December 9th for school reasons. I had initially planned an amazing Thanksgiving binge which I was really looking forward to. Last years binge featured mass effect and I enjoyed the hell out of it for like 4 days straight of hardcore gaming. Now I will just have turkey sandwiches and massive amounts of studying to do. You're the lucky ones getting your game 3 days late, for I will have to wait an entire lifetime for mine.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's coming out November 3.

^ sorry to disappoint, but I actually rate Dave.

What do you rate him?

Whaddya mean, out of ten?

You're the one rating him. For all I know, you might be using the hot or not scale.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Most people will just switch friendly fire off, although there are detailed NPC behaviour settings.

Friendly fire is on unless you play on easy, which the majority of gamers don't do

For consoles friendly fire is also off on Normal.

What are consoles to a superior AI?

"What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to a mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism... cannot even conceive."

/console hive mind.

Edited by Purkake