Dragon Age

Gorth

[url="http://dragonagewalkthrough.com/companions/companions_understanding.php"]Companion List MASSIVE Spoilers[/url]

[url="http://dragonagewalkthrough.com/classes/"]Class list including specializations[/url]

A warning both contain spoilers, [u][b]DO NOT[/b][/u] read if you want to wait.

[url="http://dragonagewalkthrough.com/equipment/"]Items[/url]

Not sure if these contain spoilers, be careful. Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

What's wrong with Leliana (it's pretty much spoiled by now), her worst part is her voice and that is solved easily.

You can try to two-time by starting a romance with a second character while romancing another. However, the older romantic interest will eventually confront you about it, and then you’ll have to decide on one relationship or the other. Once you are cut off from a romantic partner, you are cut off for good and will lose your friendly status.
*Imagines Zevran getting jealousy fits when you flirt with someone else.* :) Edited by Oner

... If that was supposed to reassure me, it didn't. Mostly because the differences in level-up systems was specifically mentioned_ Dog getting different abilities in the console system and in the PC system (sounds like a difference in what you get leveling up). Flow control issues kind of makes me think of 'console gamers need to level up more often not get bored' :woot:

Happily, I'll have some weeks to read all the reviews and hear everybody else's opinions on the game while I wait for my preordered euro PS3 version. :p

I think the idea of Dog having additional talents on the console build was experimented with, but ultimately not implemented. I remember seeing a version where he had warrior talents too, but the most recent version I played, he did not.

Flow control refers to, specifically, the actual level up process. It's difficult to click on the little plus beside your character on the console. You don't level up more frequently in terms of experience acquired. Though the game is easier on the console.

EDIT: I haven't read Nathan's post, it's possible that the warrior talents are still there. The primary difference is that on the consoles the flow control required that the player allocate points. If they had nothing they could allocate a talent point to, you couldn't proceed through the level up. I have since moved on to other projects, but I thought that we had changed Dog's level up so that he wouldn't run into situations where he had no place to put his points. I'll take a look on Monday :)

Edited by alanschu

Just preordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from D2D. Check out my special bling!

• Dalish Ring
  • Memory Band
  • Stone Prisoner
  • Warden's Keep
  • Bergen's Honor
  • Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
  • Final Reason
  • Blood Dragon Armor
  • Soundtrack

I put on my robe and wizard hat. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

... If that was supposed to reassure me, it didn't. Mostly because the differences in level-up systems was specifically mentioned_ Dog getting different abilities in the console system and in the PC system (sounds like a difference in what you get leveling up). Flow control issues kind of makes me think of 'console gamers need to level up more often not get bored' :(

Happily, I'll have some weeks to read all the reviews and hear everybody else's opinions on the game while I wait for my preordered euro PS3 version. :p

I think the idea of Dog having additional talents on the console build was experimented with, but ultimately not implemented. I remember seeing a version where he had warrior talents too, but the most recent version I played, he did not.

Flow control refers to, specifically, the actual level up process. It's difficult to click on the little plus beside your character on the console. You don't level up more frequently in terms of experience acquired. Though the game is easier on the console.

EDIT: I haven't read Nathan's post, it's possible that the warrior talents are still there. The primary difference is that on the consoles the flow control required that the player allocate points. If they had nothing they could allocate a talent point to, you couldn't proceed through the level up. I have since moved on to other projects, but I thought that we had changed Dog's level up so that he wouldn't run into situations where he had no place to put his points. I'll take a look on Monday :thumbsup:

No need to bother for my sakes. I'm mostly just sore from not getting to play with BG-cam, so my pain threshold for any other differences between the versions is a bit low at the moment (oh yeah, I'll point a finger at the different release date for the Euro PS3 version as well). The dog situation seems odd, but nothing I'll lose sleep over one way or the other :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just preordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from D2D. Check out my special bling!

• Dalish Ring
  • Memory Band
  • Stone Prisoner
  • Warden's Keep
  • Bergen's Honor
  • Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
  • Final Reason
  • Blood Dragon Armor
  • Soundtrack

I put on my robe and wizard hat. :thumbsup:

I'll just make everything but even better with the toolset. :(

1.13 killed off Ja2.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes you to make the Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep (but even better) with the toolset

I'll wager that the inevitable "Dragon Age community expansion pack" will be better than Bioware's "two years worth of DLC."

Edited by Syraxis

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes you to make the Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep (but even better) with the toolset

I'll wager that the inevitable "Dragon Age community expansion pack" will be better than Bioware's "two years worth of DLC."

This is possible, though they have an expansion planned as DLC.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I just saw that there is a pirated Xbox 360 release out now, two full days before its out in the stores. "Let's delay the PC versions of all games because piracy is like totally nonexistant on consoles" right. :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's funny how some people just happen to come up on all these 'leaks'. You know completely without looking or actually themselves wanting to pirate anything, of course. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's pretty ****in' hard to play a pirated 360 game in comparison to a pirated PC game, at the very least because you don't have to modify PC hardware to exploit leaks. I'd wager the market is not 1/100th of the market for PC gaming. Not even that.

Heh. Torrent trackers have several thousands leeching Dragon Age for Xbox360. And then there's those who use Usenet and private servers. And street sale of burnt DVDs. I think piracy is far more common for Xbox360 then you think :)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

It's funny how some people just happen to come up on all these 'leaks'. You know completely without looking or actually themselves wanting to pirate anything, of course. :)

Oh come on, there is not a single person on this forum who hasnt at one point downloaded something not entirely legal. But in this case it was actually a friend of mine who gave me the info while he was complaining about delayed PC versions of games.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But in this case it was actually a friend of mine who gave me the info while he was complaining about delayed PC versions of games.

Bu...b...b.... pa......pira.......piracy!!! Piracy only occurs for PC games, don' cha know?