The Nobel Peace prize goes to Barack Obama

Meshugger

Link.

Seriously, what has he actually done to promote world peace? Seems more like a proactive award than anything.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Unbelievable. How ironic is it that he wins this "award" (hard to call it that because he hasn't done a thing to promote peace anywhere) on the eve or ordering more troops to Afghanistan.

Whatever credibility this "award" has is gone.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Its too soon, I think.

We haven't actually, I think, had the opportunity to see what good (or ill) his ideas, presidency and legacy will be.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, I guess those peacekeepers dying in Darfur trying to prevent the exploitation of children as soldiers don't really deserve a medal like this.

If I were Obama, I would refuse it.

Fun fact: they feed child soldiers a mixture of cocaine and gunpowder to make them more aggressive and psychotic during battle, since the gunpowder irritates their stomachs and the cocaine's effects are obvious.

It's a reward for deciding not to give international bodies the finger, you know, like Bush.
That's the Nobel Peace prize we're talking about, not the Nobel Sycophancy prize.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I actually saw a good comment on this on the BBC. The guy pointed out that like everyone else the President is on a receive now, pay later system.

This is daft. You can't just make speeches about peace and get the prize. Actually, wait, **** it.

*coughs*

Gentlemen it is my believe that we as a people must get into space through the use of gravitational drives and I will not rest until that is done.

Can I have a Nobel in physics now please?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Important thing to keep in mind! This award is actually NOT a true Nobel prize*! It's being awarded by Norwegians for crying out loud!

Sweden hereby strongly disassociates with this award.

(*it is, but it was instated when Norway was still a Swedish slave colony)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fun fact: they feed child soldiers a mixture of cocaine and gunpowder to make them more aggressive and psychotic during battle, since the gunpowder irritates their stomachs and the cocaine's effects are obvious.

Fun how?

:rolleyes:

Read (because I concede you might have missed it): not fun at all, and desperately sad.

He takes his place next to unequivocal proponents of peace and love like Yasser Arafat, Kissinger, Menachem Begin.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Norway isn't part of the EU. They've tried using the award to "make friends" before and they'll try it again. Hopefully this scam backfires on them. Again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

He takes his place next to unequivocal proponents of peace and love like Yasser Arafat, Kissinger, Menachem Begin.

Thats true, not like this "award" has any credibility to begin with.

Still, if he had even a shred of integrity he would decline it. But his rampant narcissisim will not allow him to do that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What do you mean he's done nothing? He gave away missile defense and is about to surrender in Afghanistan. It's no wonder Europeans love him.

But yeah, the Nobel peace prize has long ago become a joke, it's not like any more proof was needed.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

He really ought to decline it. I hope that one day he does something to deserve this prize, and am still reasonably optimistic that he might, but he certainly hasn't done so yet.

It's rather embarassing actually - the prize only serves to highlight how little he's achieved compared with some of the other nominees and past recipients.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Fun Fact #2: Gandhi wasn't good enough.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, "Great Soul" Gandhi was a war loving kind of guy in his youth. :rolleyes:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: