New Mass Effect 2 Character

Gorth

You may have failed your English class, so I'll explain. "This" in your post refers to something I've done, so it implies that I'm a stupid fan. Regardless of your belief, you did not actually say all fans are stupid. Now go to hell.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You may have failed your English class, so I'll explain. "This" in your post refers to something I've done, so it implies that I'm a stupid fan. Regardless of your belief, you did not actually say all fans are stupid. Now go to hell.

Yours was just yet another shining example, but I did still say that all fans are stupid. You're just saying the same thing as all the other ones. You'll also notice that, in my previous post, I did say "I called you stupid." I was actually agreeing with you. Perhaps appropriately, you came through in spades again :lol:

Cheers!

This Subject Zero would be more appreciable to me with the maniac aspect played down... I guess some polarization is the goal with this character.

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

huggles1.jpg

Aww... :lol:

Just measuring the temperature and checking the civility of the discussions...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So now SZ is the whipping girl of ME, first it was Ash, then it looked like it would be Miranda, now it's SZ, yet everyone loves Tali/Liara.... Bloody racists/speciesists.

What I don't like, is that with SZ being in, that makes it less likely we are going to see Ash as a squadmate in ME2, we already know Wrex is just a side character, so chances are, Garrus will most likely not be a member and those are the three characters I used the most in ME1. I have to ask what is the point of, getting rid of most of the cast for the sequel?

Chances are, Miranda, Thane, Grunt, Jacob, SZ and the Salarian scientist won't be seen after this game. Since it's possible anyone of them can die/not be recruited.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'm also finding any character analysis based on the ~1 minute clip somewhat absurd.

I don't. First impression is very important for most of us, both in real life and (apparantly) in games. I try to keep open mind but sometimes when you first meet someone, you form idea of person based on very limited data. Even more odd is that it's often correct.

At least the first impression of a person is generally not a minute clip of random bits edited together by a marketing guy wanting to show 'edgy'. At least I've never been introduced to a real person that way.

But I take it back, this thread only took a turn for the absurd later on.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

For me, my complaint isn't about Subject Zero's personality it's about her visual design. It comes off as confusing and unappealing. With the tattoo patchwork she has no distinct outline and is hard to follow. Not to mention those little leather straps .. gah .. it's worse than the usual fantasy trope. Hopefully she'll be able to equip some armor to cover herself up.

For me, my complaint isn't about Subject Zero's personality it's about her visual design. It comes off as confusing and unappealing. With the tattoo patchwork she has no distinct outline and is hard to follow. Not to mention those little leather straps .. gah .. it's worse than the usual fantasy trope. Hopefully she'll be able to equip some armor to cover herself up.

She reminds me of a chaos worshipper from Warhammer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just measuring the temperature and checking the civility of the discussions...

Do you have some industrial equipment for that, I wouldn't use any TV-shop stuff for if I were you :lol:

These forums never seem to stop entertaining me. You guys do realize that some of you are declaring SZ as bad character just because you don't like her for a reason or a another? If you don't like something, that doesn't mean it's automatically bad universally. And as for the trailer, it probably hit right where it was aimed. You do see that they aren't aimed at people who have played PS:T ten times through and preach about the bliss of deep characters. It's Mass Effect, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything deep from it. If that is a problem, okay, forget ME2 and play something you like. It's that easy.

^Right on. I couldn't bear talking to the wookiees in both KOTORs, not without turning down my speakers. But, reading their stories, doing their character quests, that I enjoyed. I thought they were written well enough, for Star Wars. That said, I seem to be one of the few who likes what I've seen from ME2 so far. Subject Zero kind of reminds of me the girl in the quest you do on the Citadel, if you play with a Colonist background. What she might become if she can't get past what happened to her. I know that's not possible but if I think about her in that respect, SZ could be interesting. And if not, I'll leave her on the ship.

EDIT: typos

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

They need to do more of those "sacrifice someone" scenes so I can get rid of all the annoying people.
Um... only it would be simpler to allow Shep to tell them to "take a hike" when they first meet.

I don't understand. Why do they keep shoving NPCs down our throat regardless of player choice? Are Bio writers so enamoured with their own work that they truly believe that everyone absolutely, positively needs to experience the bliss that is their NPC design and writing? I've hated this since KotOR, and apparently, it's here to stay. DA?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Lets not be crazy now. I'd prefer my view of humanity and the internet to remain as jaded and cynical as it has been!

I don't think you have to worry about that :lol:

I don't understand. Why do they keep shoving NPCs down our throat regardless of player choice? Are Bio writers so enamoured with their own work that they truly believe that everyone absolutely, positively needs to experience the bliss that is their NPC design and writing? I've hated this since KotOR, and apparently, it's here to stay. DA?

Party members aren't forced to you in DA. And you can get rid of them after you have taken them, if you want. And I don't think it has been confirmed that party members are forced to you in ME2. You can choose to not to go look for them, but I don't know can you say no to them when you meet them. Hopefully you can, I haven't really liked forced party members after NWN2.

They need to do more of those "sacrifice someone" scenes so I can get rid of all the annoying people.
Um... only it would be simpler to allow Shep to tell them to "take a hike" when they first meet.

For DA I think most party members are optional. The only ones I think that may be "forced on you" are Alistair, Oghren, and Dog. Though I do know that it is possible to remove Alistair at one point of the game, I don't believe you can tell him to just pike off. His being forced on you makes sense from a story standpoint though. Oghren gets added to your party for one part, and I don't know if you can refuse him. I think this because a bit later, he becomes a mandatory party member for a short duration. I don't know if you can boot him from your party or not though afterward. I think getting rid of Dog is impossible though. You're stuck with him for sure if you're human noble, and I think the only way to not get him in other origin stories is to not do the quest to get dog.

To be honest I haven't really actively tried to boot party members once they are in my group. Most of them seem to have a dialogue option of "I think you should leave" and so forth. I did see someone remove Morrigan from his group too.

Edited by alanschu

...my shepard would never allow a psychopath on her missions.

Laughed a bit there, sorry. I don't know how anyone can really think they have more than two or three choices in how "their" Shepard acts.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

By the way, probable spoiler: Subject Zero is

Rahna, the girl from Kaidan's more or less traumatising bionetic classes. After he killed the turian instructor she stopped talking to Kaidan and probably turned into this... thing.

Edited by Gorth
Spoiler tags added

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

By the way, probable spoiler: Subject Zero is

Rahna, the girl from Kaidan's more or less traumatising bionetic classes. After he killed the turian instructor she stopped talking to Kaidan and probably turned into this... thing.

Aw, gee... huge spoiler. :x

Edited by Gorth
Spoiler tags added

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Laughed a bit there, sorry. I don't know how anyone can really think they have more than two or three choices in how "their" Shepard acts.

No of course your right. Trying to have a character in your mind when your playing a game like this is all about trying to compartmentalize the bits that dont work with your vision of the character. And in many cases (at least for my character) there is something that is close enough to what you want to achieve. The less bits that are completely at odds with your character the better (and having to pick up this gangbanger certainly is one of those).