New Mass Effect 2 Character

Gorth

Interest falling rapidly. Seriously, Bio needs to hire some better writers, this is worse than the crap dialog in ME1. Or may be they're writing for 12 yr olds on purpose.

Edit: Also first fish guy Thane, and now this monstrosity. Are they trying to make the most unattractive characters possible?

Why do you have any interest? The general consensus was you thought ME was not a particularly good game.

I bet many of the people who dislike SZ would find her a great character if she appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.

Of course, the character would fit way better into Fallout universe... its like female Sulik who does drugs.

How does she not fit into the ME universe?

Does anyone know any real people who are angry 24/7?

Yes, but I’ve spent my time on political forums. First, it’s eight years of BUSH HATES FREEDOM and now it’ll be four years of OBAMA HATES FREEDOM.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I just find the concept of being perpetually angry hilarious. Does anyone know any real people who are angry 24/7?

Yeah, you and a lot of people on the mass effect forums.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yes, but I’ve spent my time on political forums. First, it’s eight years of BUSH HATES FREEDOM and now it’ll be four years of OBAMA HATES FREEDOM.

Maria doesn't like people who express their opinions, MARIA HATES FREEDOM :cat:

But I do find it little funny that some people seem to have already decided that bioware writes only crap. Okay, I understand that some people doesn't like the way bio does things, but what I don't understand is why they keep complain about it every time bio releases anything new? I personally don't pay any attention to games/whatever I know I won't like.

Interest falling rapidly. Seriously, Bio needs to hire some better writers, this is worse than the crap dialog in ME1. Or may be they're writing for 12 yr olds on purpose.

Edit: Also first fish guy Thane, and now this monstrosity. Are they trying to make the most unattractive characters possible?

Despite your lack of fondness for Thane, do you like fish sticks?

manthing2.jpg

But I do find it little funny that some people seem to have already decided that bioware writes only crap. Okay, I understand that some people doesn't like the way bio does things, but what I don't understand is why they keep complain about it every time bio releases anything new? I personally don't pay any attention to games/whatever I know I won't like.

Been lurking on this thread and not commenting because (a) I've not played Mass Effect, (b) I'm unlikely to and © I know I'd hate it.

However, I rolled a natural '1' on my WILL save when I saw this question and thought I'd reply. Bioware is the most famous and prolific CRPG developer out there. Bar none. It's like there were only three restaurants in the world and one of them was McDonalds. Thing is, Bioware used to make really good games (this is what a lot of the Bio scepticism is about, BTW). Then success reared it's ugly head. For a lot of us, NWN1 was the knife in the back because it was so freaking awful, and not what was promised. Their success turned them into the Borg of CRPG-dom, the Micro$oft of gaming. EA FFS? So, it's a love / hate thing.

We all want Bio to 'come home' with Dragon Age, time will tell (although I think they'll be lucky to make it halfway, I'll be happy with 60%). As for Mass Effect, I haven't played it but the reviews and screenies scream console-orientated, linear, not-my-cup-of-tea meh.

None of this, by the way, should detract from the commercial success that Bio has enjoyed. I think Greg and Ray deserve every penny, I honestly do. It's just that a lot of people who were with them at the start (i.e. customers) felt an affinity with the company that was lost after NWN1. In fact, I suspect that some Biowarians feel that the passion the company evokes is a part of that success, be it positive or negative. If there's one thing worse than people talking about you, it's people not talking about you.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I bet many of the people who dislike SZ would find her a great character if she appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.

Of course, the character would fit way better into Fallout universe... its like female Sulik who does drugs.

How does she not fit into the ME universe?

It just doesnt feel right.

It looks as if they moved artist and writers from Dragon Age to Mass Effect 2 without telling them they are already working on another game. :cat:

Then success reared it's ugly head. For a lot of us, NWN1 was the knife in the back because it was so freaking awful, and not what was promised. Their success turned them into the Borg of CRPG-dom, the Micro$oft of gaming. EA FFS? So, it's a love / hate thing.

Yeah, can I understand that. I too can be little bitter if someone lobotomizes something I like. Some of you might already know how I feel about Fallout 3.

It just doesnt feel right.

Why, because she has personality and most of ME's characters didn't? :cat:

Like it has already been said, I too think that she fits nicely to the dirty dozen-thing ME2 has going on. But if she is 24/7 like she is in that trailer, there is a good chance I will shoot her just to shut her up. But it's just a trailer, I might even like her. Who knows.

I thought the ME forum was full of Bio fanboys and generally a huge circle jerk.

More like full of nerd rage and FanDumb. People obsess over the games to the point that nothing they hear of a game will they like. It's kind of sad, and I really feel for the (ludicrously few) people(, considering how massive the place is) who have to run those boards. It's a good source of information, and the level of info from one of the QA guys during the Pinnacle Station incompatibility fiasco was admirable (especially considering the amount of childish bitching directed at him). I wouldn't dream of reading more than about 1/10th of the threads, though, and happily they have the ability to filter just dev posts.

The forum software is also the most primitive one I've had the (dis)pleasure to use in the 21st century, especially when compared to this one (which is probably the best one I've seen).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The forum software is also the most primitive one I've had the (dis)pleasure to use in the 21st century...

Yes x 10.

I know they have dedicated webmasters. I know they have skilled programmers. But I wouldn't know this by just looking at the website.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Seriously, Bio needs to hire some better writers,

I agree with this, but bad writing is such an industry-wide problem atm, that I think it is really difficult to criticize any single developer as being particularly offensive.

Certainly at the very least criticizing Bioware's writing while Bethesda's around seems pretty ludicrous.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

O RLY? And what's about that horrible SZ tramp? Was that really necessary?

She's edgy, you won't see her running to Shepherd's every command, she does what she wants when she wants it. That's the kind of woman she is.

Edited by Purkake

Seriously, Bio needs to hire some better writers,

I agree with this, but bad writing is such an industry-wide problem atm, that I think it is really difficult to criticize any single developer as being particularly offensive.

Certainly at the very least criticizing Bioware's writing while Bethesda's around seems pretty ludicrous.

I haven't seen anything that bad from Bethesda, of course I only played Oblivion so I don't know about other games.

Despite your lack of fondness for Thane, do you like fish sticks?

-_- Are you trying to imply I'm a homosexual?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm not really sure whether it's Bethesda that just sucks at writing so hard. Perhaps they genuinely want (and can) to write better characters, but instead have to obey marketing that dictates what the market finds "rad" and "kewl" these days.

Money first, art second. That's how Bethesda works. I can't really blame them though.

Fixed.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's Bioware trying too hard to be edgy. I think that explains a few things.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"