New Mass Effect 2 Character

Gorth

What's your point, Maria? Blindly loving everything one developer does is no better than blindly loving everything another developer does.

Her point is, if Zero was in AP, she would recieve a different reception. Or perhaps that the character is more suited to the NV setting.

Personally, Zero seems different from the usual Bio female, which is (IMO) refreshing.

No its horrible either way (and I usually love bio games).

I bet many of the people who dislike SZ would find her a great character if she appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.
I don't like characters that are supposed to be cool by ending every second sentence with bitch.

Besides, Myron was in FO 2 and I have yet to meet someone who liked 'im.

Myron was designed to not be liked.

I bet many of the people who dislike SZ would find her a great character if she appeared in Fallout: New Vegas.
I don't like characters that are supposed to be cool by ending every second sentence with bitch.

Besides, Myron was in FO 2 and I have yet to meet someone who liked 'im.

Myron was designed to not be liked.

Most successful character design ever.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I find the video pretty average, though I do think that the swearing is added much like how a teenager swears to act tuff.

I didn't like the language as it seemed forced. It could also be because the big "bleep" just makes it that much worse.

I find the video pretty average, though I do think that the swearing is added much like how a teenager swears to act tuff.

I didn't like the language as it seemed forced. It could also be because the big "bleep" just makes it that much worse.

You forget your loyalties, old man!

o:)

At this point, I believe half the characters are paragons and half renegade.

Miranda, Jacob, and Tali - Paragons

Subject Zero, Thane, and Grunt - Renegade.

Then again, Mr. Lee described Thane as paragon so...

Hmm. I'm not so sure about Miranda being paragon. In an interview with Jesse Houston she's described as aggressive with anger issues to boot. Then again Jarrett seems to suggest that NPC morality is more flexible this time around, some sort of influence system maybe? Either way, my Shep won't be introducing Sub Zero to his mother any time soon.

Hmm. I'm not so sure about Miranda being paragon. In an interview with Jesse Houston she's described as aggressive with anger issues to boot.

Seriously, is there anyone who isn't angry for some arbitrary reason? WTH Bio?

Seems to be part of their "dark" and "mature" concept...

I just find the concept of being perpetually angry hilarious. Does anyone know any real people who are angry 24/7?

Being angry is not a personality trait, it's a state you're in every now and then.

Can anyone think of an example where it's done well and doesn't feel forced? Even Kratos in GoW who has a pretty good reason to be super angry comes off as comical at times.

Edited by Purkake

I just find the concept of being perpetually angry hilarious. Does anyone know any real people who are angry 24/7?

Are you really from Estonia ? Maybe cultural lines are very sharp but finding angry people from Finland ain't that much of a problem :lol:

I'm loving the pissed off crew. Dirty dosen type of crew who know that they are going to a suicide mission. I wish that some developer would make Klaus Kinski type of character, who'd just rage for days over petty issues o:)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Being angry is not a personality trait, it's a state you're in every now and then.

Can anyone think of an example where it's done well and doesn't feel forced? Even Kratos in GoW who has a pretty good reason to be super angry comes off as comical at times.

Are they angry all the time?

Based on what I consider angry, I wouldn't even consider Subject Zero to be "angry" based on her video, so what exactly do you mean by angry?

Are you really from Estonia ? Maybe cultural lines are very sharp but finding angry people from Finland ain't that much of a problem o:)

I don't mean some snarky, sarcastic dude. I mean full-on hulk-rage all the time. Can't open milk carton? RAGE! Newspaper arriving late? RAGE! Miss the bus? Beat the crap out of a trash can.

Just like most of the "grrr, I burn with generic rage" characters are depicted.

Edited by Purkake

I was decidedly short-fused for at least the first year after my brother died when I was 13.

Having said that, I don't know anyone that would fit the bill. However, the people that I know and hang out with are probably not the best, nor most random, sample.

The conservative justice types certainly likes to paint the image that some people are out and out angry/hostile.

Interest falling rapidly. Seriously, Bio needs to hire some better writers, this is worse than the crap dialog in ME1. Or may be they're writing for 12 yr olds on purpose.

Edit: Also first fish guy Thane, and now this monstrosity. Are they trying to make the most unattractive characters possible?

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Interest falling rapidly. Seriously, Bio needs to hire some better writers, this is worse than the crap dialog in ME1. Or may be they're writing for 12 yr olds on purpose.

Edit: Also first fish guy Thane, and now this monstrosity. Are they trying to make the most unattractive characters possible?

I keep asking for an awesome amorphous hive mind of glowing bacteria or at least an AI with a sexy voice, but no one listens o:)

Edited by Purkake