New Mass Effect 2 Character

Gorth

Liara was an awesome romance subplot! Those were the most intense three conversations in gaming romance history

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Its interestinng how Bethesda does almost everything wrong in their crpgs, except they don't do romances. It's like the one saving grace.

There are Oblivion mods for everything.

And for FO3. I would link to Wasteland Player, but you won't be able to view it without being a member. But it's not really a romance mod, more like a pimp mod.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

If being evil/geth/robotic will make Shepard's voice actor sound less human, as in give him some robotic sound modifier or something, that might be great. Maybe it'll make the voice actor more bearable.

They could jam a trumpet up his ***. Maybe it

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Besides which, that's obviously pre-rendered and if that look even features in the game (certainly questionable), it will look nowhere near as good since video game designers have yet to master the difficult art of lighting effects.
The lighting's been set up carefully, yes. But bad lighting making people uglier is a problem IRL, too. It's not realistic to expect lighting to make all characters look good, always, when the real thing doesn't...

That's the default male head too, so it's likely that a much greater effort has gone into that, than into making randomly generated heads look good with that sort of modifications.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously could not care less. Only Wrex was even remotely interesting.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well of course you don't care! :) ...judging by the negative feedback, it's a deal breaker to some howevers. Seriously, you'd think Mass Effect were a Japanese dating sim from all attention it's romances get. Why not go play Do You Like Horny Bunnies? instead?

Gametrailers episode tonight will focus on mass effect 2. I'm pretty stoked.

something about towels and hand moisturizer, etc.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Uh oh! Trouble a brewin'. Casey Hudson confirms the obvious, Mass Effect's romanceables will not return as recruitable squadmates.

I have been lied to and betrayed. What the heck is BioWare going to offer that's better than virgin, agendered squid smurf side boob? :)

Why not go play Do You Like Horny Bunnies? instead?

I've already gotten the five different endings and the squeal doesn't come out until 2011. Besides, DYLHB doesn't give me the ability to run up to an evil alien, knock it to the ground, and unload my assault rifle in its face? It's not just the sex, it's the sex and destroying hordes of evil without breaking a sweat and having people adore and fear me because I'm a SPECTRE.

Admittedly, I can’t have sex with my cousin or get urinated on in ME, but no game is perfect.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well of course you don't care! tongue.gif ...judging by the negative feedback, it's a deal breaker to some howevers. Seriously, you'd think Mass Effect were a Japanese dating sim from all attention it's romances get. Why not go play Do You Like Horny Bunnies? instead?

I suspect it's as much of a deal breaker to some as the dedicated servers issue was to the people on the boycott MW2 steam group, spotted playing MW2 on Steam.

GTTV Episode detailing a little bit more about ME2. I reiterate my opinion that combat looks improved from ME1, and I think I have it nailed down to the quickness of the combat, which looks more like a shooter now (the "bull rush" attack certainly looks interesting) they reveal the Elusive Man, who I have heard is voiced by Martin Sheen. The episode is sorta spoilery, as it reveals that

Shepard will be working with the human partisan group Cerberus

The episode is sorta spoilery, as it reveals that

Shepard will be working with the human partisan group Cerberus

I'm pretty sure I've known that for six months, or something. Maybe I'm just very good at connecting dots, but I kind of doubt it.

Apart from that, quite looking forward to ME2 - preordered the CE yesterday.

p.s. Sounds more like Michael Hogan to me.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Vanguard learnt a lot of new tricks.

That interupt system worked great on that Salarian video. I love how pissed off Shepard is all the time :thumbsup:

I like the fable-ish thing they are doing where the more paragon you are the brighter and healthier you look but the more renegade you are the more end game saren you look with like messed up cyber stuff on your face....which kind of leads me to believe shepard is a......TERMINATOR

and the game looks awesome. Vanguard looked pretty cool but my shepard is a shock trooper so I can't do that stuff. :'(

maybe ill have some kind of super grenade launcher or something

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Uh oh! Trouble a brewin'. Casey Hudson confirms the obvious, Mass Effect's romanceables will not return as recruitable squadmates.

(B)romance or no, I hope the ME1 NPCs don't just get the bridge dropped on them... We'll see how they turn out, but so far none of the new ones are blowing up my skirt, so to speak.

Edit: Oh yeah, the cover animations look A LOT nicer. Charge is a bit O_O, though!

Edited by Nepenthe

(B)romance or no, I hope the ME1 NPCs don't just get the bridge dropped on them... We'll see how they turn out, but so far none of the new ones are blowing up my skirt, so to speak.

Edit: Oh yeah, the cover animations look A LOT nicer. Charge is a bit O_O, though!

I'm pretty sure Tali is coming back which is awesome since she was the best female on the squad. And I've heard rumors she may be romanceable. :* thats what im talking about amirite amirite yeah im right

... same with Garrus I bet.

I wish Bioware listened a lot less to their forum members. What a bunch of weirdos.

EDIT: Especially that Maria Caliban, but don't tell her I said that, ok?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I haven't been on the ME board since the BioSocNet rolled out. Even previous to that, I avoided that board as it's rather unpleasent.

That said:

1) I never thought anything was wrong with the combat, but like the improvements and adjustments they've made.

2) I found Garrus boring. I brought Tali and Liara wherever I went. I have no interest in romancing Tali. If I import my main Shepard, I doubt I'll romance anyone as I can't see her as cheating on Liara.

2.5) I'm fairly sure there is no female same-sex romance in ME 2 anyway. It will be bizarre. I may have to focus on stuff like combat and storytelling instead of pixilated action.

3) If they were attempting to please me then they'd toss DudeShep out an airlock. His voice bothers me, especially after Dragon Age.

Edited by Maria Caliban

... same with Garrus I bet.

I wish Bioware listened a lot less to their forum members. What a bunch of weirdos.

You know what, I think they have a pretty healthy attitude towards the loonies there - as in they know who the loonies are. :wacko:

I just played quite a bit of mass effect over the weekend, wanted to get the final talent achievements done, as well as go back to an earlier save and take my favourite character through Pinnacle Station, which I had not played previously at all... (Curiously, it looks like I created a new end-save in the process, instead of overwriting the previous one. This character shows up twice in the 'new game+' options. I was under the impression that one character = one end save, no matter how many completions. Hm.) So I had some sort of ME2-relevant thoughts...

NPCs:

I think Wrex and Ashley are the best of the bunch. Wrex has gotten most of the hype he deserves, but I find Ashley to be quite well-written as well as a lot less vanilla than... some of the others.

Garrus and Tali... they both have potential, so it's good they're (probably) coming back for a second round. They're still clearly second tier, though, being neither as memorable/brilliant as Wrex, nor getting as much air time as Ashley.

Kaidan and Liara... :) I won't go into it, apart from the fact that they are as vanilla as it gets, as well as being in the spotlight pretty much the whole time.

Sad to see my two favourite NPCs (probably) cut into a small(er) role, but if it gets rid of the two not-so-good ones and gives room to breathe to the two with the most potential, I guess I'm looking forward to the results.

Pinnacle Station:

It was ok. I think that the concept was flawed, and Demiurge actually delivered quite well based on what they had to work with. The environments are pretty much recycled and the are cinematics a bit wonky (but mostly ok - some definitely stand out from the ME par in a bad way). The gameplay itself is fun enough, at least when it's the first chunk of 'new' Mass Effect after grinding stasis and ai hacking (among others) for two days. I was running a pretty much maxed out Vanguard/Shock Trooper and was quite warmed up, so it wasn't exactly challenging. I think I had to retry 2 missions to make it to the first (out of 13). I thought the reward was really cool and quite well done. In the end, worth the M$ points, even if I wouldn't describe it as "substantial" in the way Bring Down the Sky was.

For future (ME2/other bio) DLC, I think BDtS has set the bar to what the customers are going to be expecting - even if it was the result of recycling a lot of assets that had been cut from the main game.

Had fun with ME1 after a 6-month break, am looking forward to the second one and am also now ready to pick up DAO when I get back next weekend.

2.5) I'm fairly sure there is no female same-sex romance in ME 2 anyway. It will be bizarre. I may have to focus on stuff like combat and storytelling instead of pixilated action.

Subject Zero? Hell they might even do the less obvious one like they did in DA, and make it Miranda. They've had F/F option in there last three games.(Some might say it started in Kotor). Parcel bombs will be sent to Edmonton if they start cutting romances.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif