So, Is this game delayed or not?

Just to add fuel to the fire, folks, and I'm completely aware that this is far from concrete stuff, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Having set my default location to U.K. on gamestracker.com, I'm told that Alpha Protocol will be seeing a release on the 30th of October. However, when I change it to the U.S., I'm told that I'll be waiting until the 1st of June next year.

I've seen most (read: UK-based) of my frequent game-purchasing sites list October, too, but that's besides the point. Just thought I'd throw this in.

Cheers.

Edited by Floodland

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

Deus Ex = sunglasses & cyberpunk

AP has neither.

cyberpunk was just elements of background.

Deus Ex = gameplay mixture of shooter / stealth / roleplay elements. Multiple approaches to most missions, a great storyline, with a few conspiracy elements, some interesting characters and some fun dialogue...

From what's been seen AP looks like it has all those elements, so.. More Deus Ex then Mass Effect to me :)

Who knows, if the stars allign in an odd manner and AP turns into a franchise.. we might just end up with Alpha Protocol 5 in a few years thats turning Cyberpunky to keep up with the real world ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I haven't seen them on any screenshots.

If they come off, they're not real cyberpunk shades.

@Raithe: Third person combat and "cinematic dialogue" = Mass Effect. The only thing missing is the stealth and the spy stuff.

Edited by Purkake

Well, the fact that different sites have different release dates does support the idea that they all got informed of an indefinite delay and then guessed their own release dates. It's not like it's the first time that happens.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

As things are going now, if I were Obsidian, I would release it DD only, in a non-crowded month and rely on word of mouth.

Not that they could, with SEGA(most likely) owning the IP. I think some game developer said that the first thing to do was to make sure that you own the IP and not the publisher.

Also it wouldn't work too well with the whole multiplatform thing.

Last I heard Obs owns the IP, but it was secondhand info IIRC.

Also, where is the link to the big SEGA announcement that AP is delayed indefinitely? And no, 8 different dates and publisher silence isn't an indefinite delay.

@Raithe: Third person combat and "cinematic dialogue" = Mass Effect. The only thing missing is the stealth and the spy stuff.

Oh I do get why a lot of people get a Mass Effect vibe.. just my personal one is much more Deus Ex. <shrugs> Points of view and all that perspective. It's just the way it feels to me.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh I do get why a lot of people get a Mass Effect vibe.. just my personal one is much more Deus Ex. <shrugs> Points of view and all that perspective. It's just the way it feels to me.

Ya I certainly see a big ME thing. The combat mechanics seem very similar to me.

I hope Obz doesn't have to delay the game on account of some vague instructions to make the game more like ME though. Ugh.

Edited by kreese12