Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

We'll see when they come out, but if I had both a 360 and a PS3, I'd get the 360 version just to be on the safe side.

I have both, and given the choice between buying a game for the disc-scratching banshee-screaming 360 and the reliable quietly humming PS3, I'll take Sony's offering any day of the week.

Hell, my X360 is labeled "mass effect" in my source list :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

We'll see when they come out, but if I had both a 360 and a PS3, I'd get the 360 version just to be on the safe side.

I have both, and given the choice between buying a game for the disc-scratching banshee-screaming 360 and the reliable quietly humming PS3, I'll take Sony's offering any day of the week.

Hell, my X360 is labeled "mass effect" in my source list :lol:

Never heard the beast myself, but from what I've read it's pretty bad. Doesn't the 360 have a better controller?

If you have the choice, the PC version will be the best bet anyway.

Never heard the beast myself, but from what I've read it's pretty bad. Doesn't the 360 have a better controller?

If you play from DVD, it sounds like there's a F16 in the same room. If you play from hard drive, it's better but still louder than I like. The controller is of course matter of opinion, but I like the 360 controller a lot more. Feels better on hands, I get better grip from the sticks and then theres the triggers.

If you play from DVD, it sounds like there's a F16 in the same room. If you play from hard drive, it's better but still louder than I like. The controller is of course matter of opinion, but I like the 360 controller a lot more. Feels better on hands, I get better grip from the sticks and then theres the triggers.

There is a way to create an eldritch abomination, combining the best of both:

xbox360ps3controller.jpg

Such a thing is not meant to be and each second of it's unnatural existence is like an eternity of torture for the unlucky PS3 that it is connected to. The very earth under the PS3 will weep and possibly split open to swallow both the player and the controller whole.

Edited by Purkake

I once owned both consoles and I didn't find neither very loud. But I also used headphones, so that they would shield outside noise.

PC version is still the only true version for Dragon Age.

Yeah, I would get headphones too if I would use the 360 more. It's more or less just for playing arcade games with friends for me.

Such a thing is not meant to be and each second of it's unnatural existence is like an eternity of torture for the unlucky PS3 that it is connected to. The very earth under the PS3 will weep and possibly split open to swallow both the player and the controller whole.

12fallout_012.jpg

If you have the choice, the PC version will be the best bet anyway.

My x360 is noticeably louder when playing off the HD than my PS3 in any circumstances. It's loud to the point where I need to crank up the game volume from what I would normally use to drown out the console noise.

I can't really decide which one is the better controller. The triggers are probably better on the X360, but I hate the battery box ridge on the bottom and prefer the dualshock 3's setup of having the left-side analog and d-pad the other way around. OTOH, the power-on button on the controller is WAY too sensitive on the dualshock 3.

The trick to the PS3 is basically to have the triggers and bumpers reversed from the x360 setup. If I were forced to choose between the two, I'd probably go with the PS3 in the end, but it's probably just because I've used it a lot more (I've only had the x360 for 3 months, the PS3 for a year now).

To be fair, my 8800GT sounds like a Cessna itself when it needs to run graphically demanding games.

I've been using third party coolers on my graphics cards for years. I can't stand the noise from the original fans.

I love the little humming from my PC fans, it helps me sleep at night.

Once the chipset fan on my motherboard got clogged up with dust and made this horrible noise not unlike a dying animal. Nothing that a little WD-40 can't fix, though.

Edited by Purkake

There is a way to create an eldritch abomination, combining the best of both:

xbox360ps3controller.jpg

this made my day :)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Yeah, did you see all these people saying how quiet it is just a few posts ago?"

Their experience isn't mind. the 360 isn't thyat loud for me. And, I'm sure that's true for many people. The PC, on the other hand, is loud.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The 360 is way more uniform than the "PC" so making blanket statements about them is pretty pointless. Just because your PC is really loud doesn't mean that they all are.

I'm also not saying that all 360s are super loud, but going from what I've read/heard and the people posting here you must be the anomaly.(which isn't really surprising)

The 360 is the loudest console I've ever heard. It's ridiculous.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

my 360 is quieter than my pc. its louder than my ps2, gamecube, dreamcast, sega, super nes, nes, ds, n64, and ps1.

it is not loud enough to bother me. my pc sometimes is, but not enough to make me open it up again to replace the fans

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"The 360 is the loudest console I've ever heard."

This is actually true for me too.. yet, it's still not that loud. When I'm playing the console, the sound of the tv easily drowns it out and it doesn't bother me. However, the PC is loud, and I can crank the speaker volume to drown it out. Thankfully, my computer isn't in my bedroom or I wouldn't get any sleep (unless I were to shut it off).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have played the 360 a couple of times and it hasn't struck me as all that loud. The xbox did, though. The wife's PC is super loud but mine is not. The gardeners can be loud from time to time, but unfortunatly the mail carrier is not. If I had a surfire way of knowing exactly when the mail arrived, I could just meet my mail person.

As far as Dragon Age goes, I'm getting the PC version. Added quiet wouldn't help the fact that they apparently had to cut some corners for the console version.

360 isn't that loud. The PC, on the other hand, is annoyingly so. I haven't even tried the PS3 once so I can't compare.

The 360 has a bazillion different configs, including probably a gazillion different fans, so the differences in loudness between x360s are defnitely more than subjective. I have one of the new anti-rrod Jaspers, so my guess is that it has the fans cranked up to the max to try to keep the cooker as cool as possible. It's way louder than my laptop at full blow and the sound quality is very intrusive, too. I've never had a full-on gaming rig, so I can't compare, and all the ones I've heard in the past ~5 years have been designed as compromises between comfort (=silence) and performance, instead of going for balls-to-walls every last FPS. :p

I'm stuck with a hot & noisy Nvidia card since I'm not allowed to open my computer to not render the warrant void. But at least Nvidia drivers don't tend to conflict with my motherboard drivers like ATI's used to do.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.