Scary or unexplainable things that have happened to you

'GM'

A few years ago when I was still living out at my parents' we had something happen that I still wonder 'what the hell was it'.

Several things occurred, all in one early evening after supper.

Firstly, I went out to feed the horses. I thought it strange that the old horse was up at the barn. He normally couldn't give a hoot that the stalled horses are getting hay and grain as long as he could stay out to pasture. But here he was, in his stall. I gave him a little stuff, figuring he was just lonely after checking him over to make sure he was fine otherwise.

Then our old dog, who has always been an outdoor dog, suddenly began whining, wanting to come in. That was really weird. We have to pretty much force him in when the temps drop below freezing, but here it was just the end of summer. So, I let him in. He paced and drooled all over the utility room floor, so I tried to let him back out but he would hurry away from the door and try to lay under the sink. Weird.

It was a night we had a little cousin over staying with my little brother. My parents had gone to a meeting so it was just we 3. I must have went outside to boss them around or something, I forget the reason, but as I did suddenly we heard this god-awful scream. The kind that gives you chills. We all gaped wide-eyed toward the woods. If you've never heard a cougar scream, well it is one of the worst screams you can imagine. We knew they were everywhere (we lived, and still do, at the foothills of the mountains) but to hear one is very rare. Well of course we went flying into the house. We knew there was a cougar out there, very very upset about something. It screamed a few more times. Now I knew why the animals were acting strange.

And then came the unexplained.

The boys were in the living room and suddenly they screamed. They came running out, their eyes round and terrified. They said there was a fireball looking at them through the window. I thought 'Huh? What the hell?' They described it as basketball sized, but a ball of fire. It just came up to the window, 'stared' at them, then took off. So here they were, huddling around me in the dining room but when I went to go see for myself they wouldn't follow. Well, I didn't see anything out the living room window. I kept looking all around trying to figure out just what they thought they saw. The sun reflecting somehow? But there was no sun visible, it was threatening rain out. We didn't have outdoor lights so that was ruled out.... And then they screamed holy terror again and flew at me from the dining room. They saw it again! This time from the opposite side of the house, from the window there. By this time they were crying and clinging to me. Very hard to move. But I threw them off and went to look. Then here comes the dog, whining and drooling his way down the hall toward us. I wondered what the hell he would tell me if he could talk. So I told the boys to cling to the poor dog while I go tour the house looking for the fireball. I was able to check the bedrooms before they screamed again. This time all 3 came running towards me, dog included. Again again! They saw it looking at them from the dining room window. It just came zooming up, like a spacecraft, looked at them, they screamed and off it took. Like a spacecraft.

To this day they maintain that it was exactly as I describe above. I never seen it once. That day. But a year or so later I did see it. A fireball. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, when I looked it took off. It went straight towards the east, then it zagged hard to the south and I never saw it again.

stop the crack

just joking...

Maybe you saw this?

180px-FFT-Bomb.jpg

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Scary? I got married. haha

No, seriously, I do have something that happened to me, although it's more weird than scary.

In September of 2001, I was putting together a technology conference for the diocese of San Bernardino. I was stressed as hell because the committee on which I served to throw the thing together had been virtually absent. None of the other members were responding to my calls and I had been forced to arrange virtually everything on my own. I had decided to serve my parish for a year after I earned my BA, and the year was up, so I was working gratis. Anyhow, during that month I started having nightmares. Not related to the conference, though. I had terrible nightmares that woke me up and I had them every night for about a week. I couldn't even sleep. It looked like the conference was shaping up at least, and all of my long hours were going to pay off. Then, two or three days before the conference, I was trying to sleep on the couch, so as not to keep my wife awake since I had such a hard time, the phone rings in the morning. My wife comes out of the bedroom and tells me to turn on the television. "Terrorists have attacked the Pentagon," she says.

Okay, September 11 completely scrapped the entire conference. My out of town speakers couldn't fly in. The diocese cancelled everything for that month. Mayhem and horror etc.

So, here's the weird thing that happened to me. I was taking out the trash later in the month for trash pickup. I have the can out at the curb and I looked up and I saw some sort of strange flying thing in the sky. It looked like a disk in the heavens. I looked at it and tried to figure out what it was, and it just looked like a lighted disk floating there. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, in a very calm way, "well, looks like we don't need to worry about terrorists." With all the surreal crap that had been going down, I just accepted that aliens were coming. Still, I didn't want to leave it at that, so I walked around trying to get a better look. Turned out that it was a blimp that I couldn't see properly. I laughed at myself and told the wife.

I can't forget that feeling though. I was sure, with all the weird stuff that had happened, that it was an alien ship. End of the world type stuff, ya know?

I have heard a couple ghost stories:

1) Some friend of mine was studying in Oxford (UK) and was living in some old house with other students. He claims that there were strange things happening there like hearing voices or being pushed away by some mysterious force. The last straw that made him leave the place was when he was typing an essay on his pc. He saw at some point in front of him some guy/spirit from the Victorian period. He instantly left the place. My friend never believed in the existence of ghosts until that moment. I was surprised by his tale as he is a very rational and down-to-earth person.

2) Me (I was 2 years old or less, so I don't remember anything at all), my parents and a dozen other friends were doing a trip in Turkey. We visited at some point St Nicolas' grotto and something weird occurred there. There was a blurry humanoid shape within the grotto that would "teleport" itself from one place to another. Everyone got s*** scared and left the place immediately. It seems to be true since everyone recalls seeing the figure. Was it a mass hallucination?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

A few years ago when I was still living out at my parents' we had something happen that I still wonder 'what the hell was it'.

Several things occurred, all in one early evening after supper.

Firstly, I went out to feed the horses. I thought it strange that the old horse was up at the barn. He normally couldn't give a hoot that the stalled horses are getting hay and grain as long as he could stay out to pasture. But here he was, in his stall. I gave him a little stuff, figuring he was just lonely after checking him over to make sure he was fine otherwise.

Then our old dog, who has always been an outdoor dog, suddenly began whining, wanting to come in. That was really weird. We have to pretty much force him in when the temps drop below freezing, but here it was just the end of summer. So, I let him in. He paced and drooled all over the utility room floor, so I tried to let him back out but he would hurry away from the door and try to lay under the sink. Weird.

It was a night we had a little cousin over staying with my little brother. My parents had gone to a meeting so it was just we 3. I must have went outside to boss them around or something, I forget the reason, but as I did suddenly we heard this god-awful scream. The kind that gives you chills. We all gaped wide-eyed toward the woods. If you've never heard a cougar scream, well it is one of the worst screams you can imagine. We knew they were everywhere (we lived, and still do, at the foothills of the mountains) but to hear one is very rare. Well of course we went flying into the house. We knew there was a cougar out there, very very upset about something. It screamed a few more times. Now I knew why the animals were acting strange.

And then came the unexplained.

The boys were in the living room and suddenly they screamed. They came running out, their eyes round and terrified. They said there was a fireball looking at them through the window. I thought 'Huh? What the hell?' They described it as basketball sized, but a ball of fire. It just came up to the window, 'stared' at them, then took off. So here they were, huddling around me in the dining room but when I went to go see for myself they wouldn't follow. Well, I didn't see anything out the living room window. I kept looking all around trying to figure out just what they thought they saw. The sun reflecting somehow? But there was no sun visible, it was threatening rain out. We didn't have outdoor lights so that was ruled out.... And then they screamed holy terror again and flew at me from the dining room. They saw it again! This time from the opposite side of the house, from the window there. By this time they were crying and clinging to me. Very hard to move. But I threw them off and went to look. Then here comes the dog, whining and drooling his way down the hall toward us. I wondered what the hell he would tell me if he could talk. So I told the boys to cling to the poor dog while I go tour the house looking for the fireball. I was able to check the bedrooms before they screamed again. This time all 3 came running towards me, dog included. Again again! They saw it looking at them from the dining room window. It just came zooming up, like a spacecraft, looked at them, they screamed and off it took. Like a spacecraft.

To this day they maintain that it was exactly as I describe above. I never seen it once. That day. But a year or so later I did see it. A fireball. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, when I looked it took off. It went straight towards the east, then it zagged hard to the south and I never saw it again.

Sounds like an UFO spy thingy.

They got marked.

Now it's only about time when they'll get abducted! :(

I had sex! It was scary in an awesome way! And unexplainable as it wasn't a commercial transaction! And it has happened a bunch of times! And with several different people! And I'm not lying nor on drugs! I'm special!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Totally! Female, even!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest PoziomyPion

Jokes aside, I am inclined to belive Gina, when you live on a countryside your whole life you are bound to see some strange thing. I remember something similiar happening to me when I stayed in my grandpas home in a countryside. I stayed in a room with a view on the fields.

So I went to bed, fell asleep and in a middle of the night I woke up, some freaky lights projecting into the room(one color). They were moving from left to right and where so strong I couldnt see whats outside(there were also white curtains on window, but usually you can see past them things like stars etc). There was also some strange niose comig out of the window to add to the overall freakiness of the situation. It couldnt be a car or a tractor, they make diffrent noises and dont have llights around them moving from left to right.

Let me say I didnt have a concept of a UFO then, I was to scared to get out of the bed, thinking it will stop. It didn't so decided to come to the window and check it out, but in the end I chickened and got back to bed. As I was lying in bed looking at the window it all stopped.

A couple years later I told my dad about that(he lived there his whole life) and he told me that things like that happened before, he saw an actual UFO on a field when he was going to meet his girlfriend(his later wife and my mother). Ofcourse he got freaked out and run back to his home, deciding that making out with my mother has to wait until tomorrow. I don't believe in all that Daniken stuff, but I know what I saw (and what I didn't see).

I also saw during one night a red orb above the forest, I tought it's a baloon or a plane, but it moved quickly up and dissappeared.

I am not saying that this were Martians, but it wasn't a baloon or a plane.

You don't have to believe me, I'm a guy from the internet in the end.

I also got a sleep paralysis , it was scary and freaky, but it is easly explained by science.

I think I once had an experience with a haunted ghost.

I was 11 years old, and at home with my sister. Nobody else was at home. Anyways, I was playing outside when suddenly, for a moment, everything became silenced and isolated, and then I heard someone knocking on the window and then a girl yelling "Hello, Hello" at my grandma's house upstairs (closely neighboring our house). After this brief encounter, everything, the surroundings, birds etc. were at normal again. First I thought my sister was playing a prank on me, but soon after the spook she started playing piano from our house, so she couldn't be up there in my grandma's house. Hell, I couldn't explain it.... But my grandma's house is very old, and allegedly a girl once died in it some 60 years ago.

stop the crack

just joking...

Maybe you saw this?

180px-FFT-Bomb.jpg

LOL, I did ask them.. when they said it 'stared' at them.. if it had a face! I couldn't understand what else they could've meant by that. My brother said no, of course not, but that they somehow just 'knew' it was looking at them.

Oh... I don't use drugs. :(

And the ball lightning, highly doubtful. They seem way too rare for it to have appeared so many times in one night.

PoziomyPion, I've heard others talk about seeing those kind of things, and usually it is out in the country. So much more visible. In the city I think those kinds of things are too easily explained away, whereas it is not so convenient when nothing but woods or mountains surround you.

I also got a sleep paralysis , it was scary and freaky, but it is easly explained by science.

ugh yeah i've had that a few times

freaked me the hell out the first time :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Well, I've got a story that is not supernatural but it is certainly unexplained. In fact twelve years later I'm still scratching my head. In 1999 I was still married and we lived in a small house in Fort Lauderdale. We had two dogs, a four year old Lab named Kramer (from Seinfeld) and a six month old yellow lab pup named Sheba (from the .38 Special song Little Sheba). Anyway, I got home from school at 10 pm, my wife was out with her friend so it was just me and the dogs in the house. Kramer had run of the house but Sheba was not house broken yet so we kept her in a crate in our bedroom when she could not be supervised. Anyway, my wife had only been gone a few hours so I figured Kramer could wait so I walked Sheba first. She did her thing and we went back inside and I put her back in her crate and I latched the crate door, then took Kramer. We walked all the way around the block, roughly 1/2 a mile and were gone about 20 min. When we got home I heard Sheba barking... from inside the garage. I opened the door and sure enough she was in there. I looked at her crate and it was still latched shut! I looked that whole thing over and could not for the life of me figure out how she got out. Which raised and even bigger question, how did she get in the garage? The door had a round doorknob, there is no way she could have opened it. My wife got home two hours later, she did not believe me. Heck, I'm still wondering how that happened. The only one who knows can't tell me.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You definitely have a Super Dog! Treat it well!

I was camping with my father one weekend, roughly 3 hours outside of Vegas, enjoying the night fire and what not when all the sudden we look into the sky and see an honest to goodness missile launch not 20 miles away. I was only like 14 at the time so I thought it was the begining of some sort of war or zombie apocalypse or something awesome. When I got back home I asked around and I guess it was on the news but I don't really recall what happened and it apparently wasn't a big deal. Still kind of cool though.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Couple of things:

1) When we were kids we were staying with my dad, after the divorce and we came downstairs and one of his employees asked what out mom had been doing in the house that morning. She was nowhere near so we demurred. Turned out at the time he saw her she had been on the point of dying from meningitis.

2) I had a series a dream about bus crashes. About 12 in one dream. I wrote it down. A friend asked me to come travelling with hera couple of weeks later, but I refused because she wanted to go by bus. Her bus crashed into a canal and the man in the seat next to her drowned.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I've got a story that is not supernatural but it is certainly unexplained. In fact twelve years later I'm still scratching my head. In 1999 I was still married and we lived in a small house in Fort Lauderdale. We had two dogs, a four year old Lab named Kramer (from Seinfeld) and a six month old yellow lab pup named Sheba (from the .38 Special song Little Sheba). Anyway, I got home from school at 10 pm, my wife was out with her friend so it was just me and the dogs in the house. Kramer had run of the house but Sheba was not house broken yet so we kept her in a crate in our bedroom when she could not be supervised. Anyway, my wife had only been gone a few hours so I figured Kramer could wait so I walked Sheba first. She did her thing and we went back inside and I put her back in her crate and I latched the crate door, then took Kramer. We walked all the way around the block, roughly 1/2 a mile and were gone about 20 min. When we got home I heard Sheba barking... from inside the garage. I opened the door and sure enough she was in there. I looked at her crate and it was still latched shut! I looked that whole thing over and could not for the life of me figure out how she got out. Which raised and even bigger question, how did she get in the garage? The door had a round doorknob, there is no way she could have opened it. My wife got home two hours later, she did not believe me. Heck, I'm still wondering how that happened. The only one who knows can't tell me.

Whoa! That gives me the willies. I don't know, seems rather supernatural to me.

Couple of things:

1) When we were kids we were staying with my dad, after the divorce and we came downstairs and one of his employees asked what out mom had been doing in the house that morning. She was nowhere near so we demurred. Turned out at the time he saw her she had been on the point of dying from meningitis.

2) I had a series a dream about bus crashes. About 12 in one dream. I wrote it down. A friend asked me to come travelling with hera couple of weeks later, but I refused because she wanted to go by bus. Her bus crashed into a canal and the man in the seat next to her drowned.

Geezie-marie, your guardian angel was watching out for you.