Scary or unexplainable things that have happened to you

'GM'

Geezie-marie, your guardian angel was watching out for you.

Lady, you have NO idea how many times... :)

I love my guardian angel. She works her ass off.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think you're a prophet Wals. Can I create a cult around you and get residual tail?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

When someone claims those $1 million, I'll start believing. Until then, I see no reason to devote any time or energy into even thinking about it. Same as with God and Santa Claus.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think you're a prophet Wals. Can I create a cult around you and get residual tail?

Sounds good. As my head acolyte you can have a large and faintly suggestive hat.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest PoziomyPion
mkreku

http://www.cracked.com/article_17679_7-awe...nt-explain.html

Naga fireballs is a neat happening, although it's not paranormal science can't explain it. Relying solely on science when it comes to perception of the world seems missing on a spiritual aspect of life. Tossing those things away and not giving them a chance is something I dont get. On the other hand labeling every weather baloon as a space ship or some fungus on the wall as Saint Mary isn't the way to go either.

It's all about balance I think.

And nobody sane would try to grab that 1 million dollars prize, one don't run into any weird stuff every 5 secs. You can't prove those things, you just gotta see them(probably not very often unless you are Fox Mulder).

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

When someone claims those $1 million, I'll start believing. Until then, I see no reason to devote any time or energy into even thinking about it. Same as with God and Santa Claus.

Oh geez... come on. I know what occurred on the day I'm talking about and I tell you now that no way do you even care about documenting via a camera or recording or whatever under such circumstances. You don't even care! It isn't even a mild thought.

Now then, I suppose a hoaxer might have time to think and plot about those things all for a million dollars, but the real incidents, if those who witness such react similar to how we did then you just don't even think about it.

And there is so a Santa Claus!!!

In 1999 I was still married

ouch... you're right, that is strange. and by eery coincidence, that was the year i got married.

In fact twelve years later I'm still scratching my head.

what really puzzles me, however, is that it has only been 10 years for me (our 10th anniversary is in septemer). your time and my time are passing differently!

sorry, couldn't resist... -_-

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yesterday I woke up on a seminar on linear algebra all wound up in tape, with no memory at all of what I did the previous night. That was both scary and unexplainable.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Yesterday I woke up on a seminar on linear algebra all wound up in tape, with no memory at all of what I did the previous night. That was both scary and unexplainable.

You refused to specify a preference... that's what happens.

-Elwood Blues

I've had several weird and scary experiences, but all of them can be explained.. so I won't talk about them, but I will share two stories I'm quite happy I had the fortune of witnessing..

The first takes place when I'm was about 12 years old - I was playing in a forest along the eastern coast of jutland when a friend of mine tells me to look up, I tried to spot what he's looking at, when suddenly I saw a red/blue-ish orb slowly descending towards the sea.

It was about the size of the moon, when it's full (but obviously a lot smaller in actual size since it was closer -_-) and it's surface looked very much like that of a rock.. we assumed it was a meteor, but the strange thing was that we saw no fire trail or anything like it.. it was just slowly falling in a 45 degree angle towards the sea and then vanished, when trees obscured our vision.. later that day they said in the news that a meteor had landed in the sea, so I'm sure that's what I saw.. I just can't grasp why it wasn't on fire :)

The second one was during my trip to India last year and happened around January.. I was lying on my back in the Thar Desert, trying to sleep. I turned my head to look at the stars because it was an exceptionally beautiful night and the Milky Way was clearer than I have ever seen it. In an instant there was a flash of light waaay up in the sky and a shooting star "formed" and started it's decent. Usually they are over in a few seconds but this one seemed persistent, I started getting a little worried when it grew in size and didn't seem to stop (10 seconds in at this point) and even more so when 10-15 seconds more passed.. Then it came close enough for me to see it falling apart and burning up as pieces kept flying off. I came so close that it actually illuminated the desert around me, even if it was only very faint.. At this point I could clearly see the yellow/white fire. It finally burned away a few moments later. I couldn't help but laugh at the wonder of it and woke up the 3 people sleeping around me, who cursed my luck and went back to sleep instantly.. I wasn't so fortunate and was awake the entire night, just looking at the stars..

Fortune favors the bald.

I've had several weird and scary experiences, but all of them can be explained.. so I won't talk about them, but I will share two stories I'm quite happy I had the fortune of witnessing..

The first takes place when I'm was about 12 years old - I was playing in a forest along the eastern coast of jutland when a friend of mine tells me to look up, I tried to spot what he's looking at, when suddenly I saw a red/blue-ish orb slowly descending towards the sea.

It was about the size of the moon, when it's full (but obviously a lot smaller in actual size since it was closer :)) and it's surface looked very much like that of a rock.. we assumed it was a meteor, but the strange thing was that we saw no fire trail or anything like it.. it was just slowly falling in a 45 degree angle towards the sea and then vanished, when trees obscured our vision.. later that day they said in the news that a meteor had landed in the sea, so I'm sure that's what I saw.. I just can't grasp why it wasn't on fire :)

Um... Meteors don't fall slowly, surely.

-Elwood Blues

When I was a kid I was walking up on the cliffs near Sawney Bean's cave. Heard a loud and distinctive groaning siren noise that was far too loud to be made by a person, and no boats out at sea on the fine day. At first I was very calm, reasoning this was an interesting challenge to my deductive powers. But after five minutes I ran out of options. There seemed no possible source for the noise. I began to walk away slowly, and then sped up, finally breaking into a big cowardly run. Taught me how it must feel to be in a retreat which turns into a rout!

Still don't know what the noise was, although years later I was told it could have been the safety alarm siren for the nuclear plant down the coast; which when you think about it far more scary than bogles.

-Elwood Blues

In 1999 I was still married

ouch... you're right, that is strange. and by eery coincidence, that was the year i got married.

In fact twelve years later I'm still scratching my head.

what really puzzles me, however, is that it has only been 10 years for me (our 10th anniversary is in septemer). your time and my time are passing differently!

sorry, couldn't resist... :*

taks

Time passes much... much slower when you're married. -_- But it was 10, Sheba just turned 11.

You know, since I got divorced no one has since yelled at me or cussed me out in public.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When I was a kid I was walking up on the cliffs near Sawney Bean's cave.

That was a fantastic read, thanks!

I used to think the story rather fanciful until I Read recently about the (admittedly old) story of Fred and Rosemary West. They kidnapped people and did bloody terrible things to them, then ate them. And that was in a regular town house.

-Elwood Blues

Time passes much... much slower when you're married. :lol: But it was 10, Sheba just turned 11.

hehe, but i'm married, too! :)

You know, since I got divorced no one has since yelled at me or cussed me out in public.

that's why michele and i stopped playing on the same pool team.

does having a dream and then subsequent fear of walsausages count as something inexplicable?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

does having a dream and then subsequent fear of walsausages count as something inexplicable?

I call Sigmeund Freud!

-Elwood Blues

I just don't understand why some people, as soon as they run into something as of yet unexplained, choose the supernatural as their first option for an explanation? For me, and for most people with common sense, supernatural is the very last option for an explanation.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just don't understand why some people, as soon as they run into something as of yet unexplained, choose the supernatural as their first option for an explanation? For me, and for most people with common sense, supernatural is the very last option for an explanation.

How very enlightened of you. :down:

My mother once told me how she thought she was haunted by a poltergeist because the pantry started to make the most infernal noise in the dead of night and there was this sense of a presence there with her. This was in Sweden out in the middle of forested nowere, there is a lot of that in Sweden, and she was alone in the house when it happened. She didn't investigate or anything she just drove off terrified.

I dunno, to me pots and pans making noise is just pots and pans making noise, eminently explainable by my mother being easily spooked and physics, gust of wind, something placed precariously etc. so I guess I'm with mkreku, but sure you can believe whatever you like if it makes your life more exciting.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

How very enlightened of you. :down:

Because the enlightened believed in ghosts and aliens?

I have a theory that ghosts are in fact the result of weird temporal distortions, that simply open a sort of window to the past or future.. freaking out people in the 16th century when they see you and freaking you out because you think they are dead.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.