New Mass Effect 2 character

Purkake

I'm 100% sure ME1 was a crap game. Also the Citadel was built by a very ancient and dangerous race, commercial land developers.

I'm 100% sure it wasn't. In fact I'm 100% sure it was pretty good game.

Wrex's case is just ANOTHER example of the lack of meaningful consequences from choices made in the first game, from what little BIO has revealed. It's also a very telling example, since as I said the confrontation with Wrex is one of the most tense and dramatic moments in ME. And for some reason, they decided to reduce the impact of that to a cameo. A wink to the player. It doesn't get much more irrelevant than that. The reason, you tell me.

To be fair, Wrex

live or die

is the only choice that we know of that that seems represented in a inconsequential way. The other choices haven't really been mentioned. However that could be taken as a bad sign, which IMO is fair enough. But at the same time, do we really want to know all the effects are choices made, before we play the game. I personally don't.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Let's ignore your misuse of the word strawman (unless you aren't actually talking about whether choices from ME will create consequences in ME2) and try to salvage something.
Yes, by all means. Ignore the fact that strawman actually defines what you did (misrepresenting me so you could have a shot at what I said, or rather, didn't say). I didn't say NO consequences for ANY decisions. But from what we know so far, uh, that's what it is (0/1). And from the way they handled C&C in the first game, well, things don't bode well.

But let's ignore that, too!

But you didn't talk about the *other* examples. You didn't even mention that there were *other* examples. What are these other examples? We believe that depending on whom you romanced, Kaiden, Ashely, or Liara will begin in your party. We know that how you dealt with Natalia Dantis changes how she interacts with you. We know nothing about the Rachni Queen, or the Council.
The resetting of the character because of a blatant lack of foresight on the developers' part, for one. The setting, being one of confusion and chaos for the Council, regardless of how the player chose to deal with the Council in the first game. Didn't they make the Council a human-led one even if the player saved them? I think I remember reading that. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

That is ALL you said.
And you assumed the rest to complete your characterization of me as your average rabid, cynical and jaded obsidianite. Great job.

Well, excuse me if I'm not as wide-eyed about ME2 as you believe I should be. ME was enough of a letdown to have a favourable outlook on BIO's work concerning ME2. My opinions aren't set in stone, at any rate. Go ahead and show me how I'm wrong. I'd like that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Maybe the

Rachni

will get a 5-min cameo too.

I'm willing to bet they'll get a lame side-quest and nothing more.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

When it comes to BioWare, I feel like a ping-pong ball. I go to their forums, and feel like I’m one of a few people to see flaws in their games. I come to these forums, and feel like I’m one of a few to see virtue in their games.

They've got virtue but the endless repetition of the same setup/story/characters/gameplay is bound to turn people away at some point. Its like with SSI's games, they discovered a successful formula and now they're mutilating it for the cash. Bioware still hasn't reached the point where the formula can no longer be refreshed and is plain outdated (eg. Might and Magic VIII-IX), but my crystal ball says they aren't too far from it.

That's the only real annoying flaw that can be attributed to them, other than that, to be perfectly honest their games are often the best RPG offerings we get on most years.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Bioware still hasn't reached the point where the formula can no longer be refreshed and is plain outdated (eg. Might and Magic VIII-IX), but my crystal ball says they aren't too far from it.

Since good things have been coming from Europe in the RPG department, I won't lose any sleep over it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Didn't they make the Council a human-led one even if the player saved them? I think I remember reading that. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Human don't get to lead, but are accepted into Council because of Shepards heroic deeds. You can choose Ambassador Udina or Captain Anderson to take part of the Council. Udina tries to persuade other Council races to give more resources (ships, weapons, tech, credits, soldiers ect ect) to humanity and their colonies. Anderson tries to work together with others and probably has less demands.

If you choose to go after the Reaper and Council dies, then Udina will lead the new Council but it still has members from old Council races. I haven't chosen Anderson in this scenario.

If you choose to kill Council on purpose and tell it to Udina and Anderson, then Udina will create all human Council, who should lead over weak races. I haven't chosen Anderson in this scenario.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Really, what's up with that?

To me, the problem with choices in ME is more than just lack of consequences. That's just a symptom of the real problem, that the choices don't flow naturally from the rest of the game, and are just inserted here and there so they can claim you're making big choices, and therefore this is a deep RPG. They're nothing more than a marketing check box. I don't include the council choice in this, it was excellently done and belongs in a much better game.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well that's good news. 6 wasn't much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This girl Miranda seems to be the most popular on the ME boards:

wce9l2.jpg

miranda.jpg

Then there Thane (Purkakes Fishboy)

Jacob (the lead for the iPhone game):

Mass-Effect-Galaxy-For-The-iPhone-Released.jpg

Grunt (Wrex replacement), A Clint Eastwood like Salarian, Tali, Liara and possibly Garrus. The other 4 anyones guess.

My guess, a member of an all new race, which is all male.

And....

rev23.jpg

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't include the council choice in this, it was excellently done and belongs in a much better game.
No, that was quite well done, I agree. It remains to be seen whether it will have the deep ramifications it should in the sequel, and that's what I'm talking about. You could effect a radical change in the government in a galaxy-wide scale... but I guess that since you go to the "wild frontier", that won't have so much impact in the game. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to speculate.

Who wants to be that the freaky fish assassin is a quiet dude with some weird "honor" thing going on.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main...AndTroubledPast

Obviously. :)

I was going to make a comment in really poor taste about the girl Bos_hybrid posted and her assets, but I'd rather not go back to being moderated so soon. I'll just say that at least Benezia was easy on the eyes. Oh, and the site you are trying to link from Jacob's pic doesn't seem to like hotlinking. I'm getting a huge "DON'T" sign. Which is kinda fitting. *ahem*

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

An all-male race makes no sense. They would have to be asexual or hermaphrodites...

They are the long lost Asari males! So asexual.

I'm down with Miranda, maybe she won't be all crazy racist like Ashley.

It's the breasts isn't it. Oh and by the way, odds are she is crazy.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I was going to make a comment in really poor taste about the girl Bos_hybrid posted and her assets, but I'd rather not go back to being moderated so soon.

Why do you think I posted it!

I thought it was on purpose.

No, not that clever.

I'm thinking along the lines of Bad. You know psychotic biotic?

Her face looks somewhat interesting as well.

2l9sdw5.jpg

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I was going to make a comment in really poor taste about the girl Bos_hybrid posted and her assets, but I'd rather not go back to being moderated so soon.

Why do you think I posted it!

I thought it was on purpose.

No, not that clever.

I'm thinking along the lines of Bad. You know psychotic biotic?

Her face looks somewhat interesting as well.

2l9sdw5.jpg

All I see is a huge forehead and boobs.

Boobs