New Mass Effect 2 character

Purkake

Bioware is at it again: The masters of story-telling and writing complex and deep characters like Grunt present a new video.

"I don't care where I fight, as long as I can hurt someone. Hahaha".

I guess they thought that the meathead jock audience needed someone to identify with...

I hope there will be an option to "sacrifice" him.

A new interview, http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1014425p1.html

The biggest three choices in ME 1:

1: Who did you save on Virmire?

2: Who did you romance?

3: Did you save the council?

I guess they thought that the meathead jock audience needed someone to identify with...

I hope there will be an option to "sacrifice" him.

From what I'm reading, all the new party members qualify as the scum of the universe. Assassins, brutes, alien-haters...

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Jesus christ, those bewbs are uglaaaeee. Bioware quickly! Call the boob-designers at CD Project. They knew how to make the most wonderful boobs that us boobmen out there would cherish forever.

And that "Grunt" fellow isn't unpredictable or anything. He's simply an angry mongoloid on stereoids. I was surprised that it could even talk.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bioware is at it again: The masters of story-telling and writing complex and deep characters like Grunt present a new video.

Oh great, another strip club.

By the way, that trailer probably showed all there was to Grunt. He probably doesn't have anything interesting to say other than "I like to kill stuff".

[/pessimism]

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh great, another strip club.

By the way, that trailer probably showed all there was to Grunt. He probably doesn't have anything interesting to say other than "I like to kill stuff".

[/pessimism]

No he has a dark and tragic past.

He was the product of iguana rape and anabolic steroids, and while he in general kills everything and everyone he also has an emo side, that is revealed after the 4th significant dialog.

Really, Will, why the pessimism? :(

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

No he has a dark and tragic past.

He was the product of iguana rape and anabolic steroids, and while he in general kills everything and everyone he also has an emo side, that is revealed after the 4th significant dialog.

Really, Will, why the pessimism? :(

Are you sure he'll be that complex? I'm not.

Because ME's characters were boring. :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Because ME's characters were boring. :p

After interacting with Grunt, you will appreciate what a rich and nuanced character Wrex was thus leaving room for his triumphant return in ME 3. Great move BioWare!

Join us next week when they introduce a male human romance that makes Carth and Anomen seem like the most manly and romantic of partners.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Anyone who calls ME characters 'boring' than brags about how awesome and deep characters like Minsc, Viconia, Madfire, and the like were, I will laugh at them. Nonstop.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There really should be an option to shoot the potential companions instead of asking them to join your merry band of scoundrels.

I hear that is possible in Dragon Age.

(Die, Morrigan, die!!!)

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There really should be an option to shoot the potential companions instead of asking them to join your merry band of scoundrels.

(Die, Morrigan, die!!!)

That's a certain +1 to Dragon Age. I hate forced companions.(You hear that, Khelgar?)

Anyone who calls ME characters 'boring' than brags about how awesome and deep characters like Minsc, Viconia, Madfire, and the like were, I will laugh at them. Nonstop.

I hate Minsc with a passion. Why? Characters whisper, Minsc screams, have fun adjusting the volume every time.

At this point, it looks like they've punted the idea of a Paragon shepard to the sidelines. Our NPCs so far are 1) murderer who kills for fun, 2) murderer who kills for money, and 3) murderer who kills so humans can rule over all other races.

For the most part, it is.

At this point, it looks like they've punted the idea of a Paragon shepard to the sidelines. Our NPCs so far are 1) murderer who kills for fun, 2) murderer who kills for money, and 3) murderer who kills so humans can rule over all other races.

Don't worry, I'm sure they feel really bad about it.

Nah, they're just making Shepard a jerk because every fan of theirs thinks it's awesome. Being a murderous badass is now the epitome of roleplaying.

PS: You can really feel the love in this thread.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY