Awesome/interesting games no one has heard of

Purkake

im sure most people have heard of this, its pretty new still

puzzle quest: challenge of the warlords

it's a mix between a puzzle game and an rpg, but its really fun.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The best games nobody's ever heard of are the NIS games, specifically the Disgaea series and its spinoffs.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

NIS games?

Everyone who's heard of Disgaea should know enough to steer clear of it.

No.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It is the destroyer of lives, if you don't put it down after the first hour you will be forever throwing Prinnies and upgrading your stuff to lvl 9999. There is no end save that which comes with the calm of the grave.

Edited by Purkake

The best games nobody's ever heard of are the NIS games, specifically the Disgaea series and its spinoffs.

I've found the recent NIS games too "fidlelly".

When you not only are worrying about leveling your characters but your equipment the game is expecting far, far too much investment of time for me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Techland doesn't list it amid its games - maybe it was never released?

True. Weird War (not related to the Weird War PnP RPG?) was intended as the sequel to Another War, but it was never released. Which is a pity, considering all the interesting stuff you heard about it :sorcerer:

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

It is the destroyer of lives, if you don't put it down after the first hour you will be forever throwing Prinnies and upgrading your stuff to lvl 9999. There is no end save that which comes with the calm of the grave.

Its addictive. Very addictive.

I've found the recent NIS games too "fidlelly".

When you not only are worrying about leveling your characters but your equipment the game is expecting far, far too much investment of time for me.

That's the whole purpose. The game never ends.

Same here, but if they last 6 hours I'm honestly disappointed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I still don't buy the time argument. Comparing the cost to the length does not work across mediums.

You don't pause the movie half way through and continue on later. All movies have a definite ending. Measuring the time you actually have fun in a game as opposed to grinding levels/running from place to place/etc is pretty hard.

I like to compare apples to apples and so on.

What if they're 6 hours but they only cost $20?

I don't buy 20$ games.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What if they're 6 hours but they only cost $20?

I don't buy 20$ games.

Because they are beneath you and you only buy awesome full-price games because of their guaranteed awesomeness?

Never played Portal or any indie games?

I bought Portal when it came with the Orange Box, which I guess it's a 60$ title. :p

No, they're not beneath me, I just don't buy them.

I bought Portal when it came with the Orange Box, which I guess it's a 60$ title. :(

No, they're not beneath me, I just don't buy them.

Dare I ask why?

Because 95% of the time they are crap. The only cheap indie game that I've felt was worth the purchase, was Mount & Blade.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Trine, Shadowgrounds, SGS, Portal, TF2, World of Goo, Gish, M&B, Spidersoft games (if you are into nerdy rpgs that is)....

20$ Market is like the normal market. there are 40 crap titles for each good one. (And yes I might have made some mistakes on initial prices. After the "Sale"s and other stuff in Digital Sites, I got these titles for less than 20 each)

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Looking at all the games MORE than 95% of full-price games are crap. Have you seen how many Wii games there are?

There are plenty of cheap, but awesome games on Steam like Osmos, Audiosurf, King's Bounty, World of Goo etc.

Not buying games because they are cheap is beyond ridiculous.

EDIT: *high five* cronicler!

Edited by Purkake

Trine, Shadowgrounds, SGS, Portal, TF2, World of Goo, Gish, M&B, Spidersoft games (if you are into nerdy rpgs that is)....

20$ Market is like the normal market. there are 40 crap titles for each good one. (And yes I might have made some mistakes on initial prices. After the "Sale"s and other stuff in Digital Sites, I got these titles for less than 20 each)

Portal and TF2 are not indie games. Apart from that you have listed a handfull of indie games. You also forgot The Path.

Looking at all the games MORE than 95% of full-price games are crap. Have you seen how many Wii games there are?

Gross overestimate. (Ignore the Wii games, unless made by Nintendo)

Not buying games because they are cheap is beyond ridiculous.

As is not buying games because they are 'mainstream'. People still do it though.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif