Walkthrough Trailer #2

The pistol laser sight looks incredibly goofy. All I want is a simple laser sight mounted under the barrel. A pistol scope on a semi-auto looks very overkill.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

One thing I'd like to see removed is the changed reputation prompts, or at least make them optional. They turn the NPC relationships into a metagame and make it harder to empathize with the characters.
This. +INF/-INF notifications favor metagaming over roleplaying. At the very least allow the player to hide them.

Other than that and the silly rage animation, it looks sweet. And the beards are better than FO3's!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I"m very close to preordering this game. The only thing holding me back is that I want to see more missions that involve interaction with characters. I mean, interaction that doesn't involve shooting them. Like a James Bond style-mission where you take a girl to dinner, or talk your way through a meeting with powerful warlords or something. Gameplay that focuses on using your head rather than your guns.

There are actually a number of missions that are "just" conversations, no shooting involved. Each hub should have 2-3 missions like that.

Matthew Rorie

I"m very close to preordering this game. The only thing holding me back is that I want to see more missions that involve interaction with characters. I mean, interaction that doesn't involve shooting them. Like a James Bond style-mission where you take a girl to dinner, or talk your way through a meeting with powerful warlords or something. Gameplay that focuses on using your head rather than your guns.

There are actually a number of missions that are "just" conversations, no shooting involved. Each hub should have 2-3 missions like that.

\o/ \o/ \o/

Interesting. Was that

conversation with the Taiwanese president

in Mr. Avellone's presentation one such mission?

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Sweet. The DSS is what im most lookin forward to for the game.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Are there any missions in which the only weapon you can take is a pistol, due to its concealability?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Just noticed something else. The armor stat categories are Endurance, Damage Reduction, Noise Level, Upgrade Slots, and Inventory Space. The latter 4 seem pretty self-explanatory (although I am curious about how the "inventory space" one works-- I assume this has to do with gadget capacity), but "Endurance" is interesting.

Is Endurance that the aggregate effectiveness of the armor? My guess would be that the Damage Reduction takes down each incoming blow by a set amount (or percentage), up until the point where the damage absorbed by the armor equals its Endurance. If accurate, it means that the armor is either reparable or a disposable one-mission accoutrement. Any other theories or Dev comment? If my guess is right, can mods be transferred from 'worn out' armor to other suits?

Addendum:

Among the appearance customization option, along with the hair/beard/hat stuff is "Eyes." PS:T homage?

Edited by Enoch

Just noticed something else. The armor stat categories are Endurance, Damage Reduction, Noise Level, Upgrade Slots, and Inventory Space. The latter 4 seem pretty self-explanatory (although I am curious about how the "inventory space" one works-- I assume this has to do with gadget capacity), but "Endurance" is interesting.

Is Endurance that the aggregate effectiveness of the armor? My guess would be that the Damage Reduction takes down each incoming blow by a set amount (or percentage), up until the point where the damage absorbed by the armor equals its Endurance. If accurate, it means that the armor is either reparable or a disposable one-mission accoutrement. Any other theories or Dev comment? If my guess is right, can mods be transferred from 'worn out' armor to other suits?

Addendum:

Among the appearance customization option, along with the hair/beard/hat stuff is "Eyes." PS:T homage?

Could be armor health, but another likely possibility is how much it impedes your movement. Your not gonna be able to sprint very far with 500 lb. armor, apposed to 10 lb. armor. It could be movement speed or stamina.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Only thing that looks *really* wonky is the whole "I'm powering up!" animation which seems to be used for some abilities, like Fury in the video. It looks silly and just seem unnecessary... Some form of feedback that you've started an ability is good, but eh.

That looks like placeholder animation from Kotor2. I hope. Otherwise the game is shaping up nicely.

Could be eyeliner and other eye makeup.

... just sayin'.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Reactions from the public!

Ok, so I just watched the second clip and realised that I also think the graphics feel dated. There's really no excuse for it because they are running on UE3, so what the hell? I mean, this looks like Hitman + RPG elements, so that sounds like something I could be interested in it once I see a more finished product, but at the moment it's not pushing my buttons.

Something about the faces and lack of decent lighting effects makes me feel like this is a game from a couple years ago, not something that is set to come out in the future.

it's still a way off release (I think?) so maybe it is something they have off for initial trailers and they'll add it in later. Who knows?

I often find though that when I am watching a trailer instead of playing the game I am more critical of the graphics because I am not experiencing the gameplay portion firsthand. Oblivion looked absolutely dismal to me, and even now I don't like the graphics overly much but still play it and enjoy the game.

Sic' em, Rorie!

Reactions from the public!

Ok, so I just watched the second clip and realised that I also think the graphics feel dated. There's really no excuse for it because they are running on UE3, so what the hell? I mean, this looks like Hitman + RPG elements, so that sounds like something I could be interested in it once I see a more finished product, but at the moment it's not pushing my buttons.

Something about the faces and lack of decent lighting effects makes me feel like this is a game from a couple years ago, not something that is set to come out in the future.

it's still a way off release (I think?) so maybe it is something they have off for initial trailers and they'll add it in later. Who knows?

I often find though that when I am watching a trailer instead of playing the game I am more critical of the graphics because I am not experiencing the gameplay portion firsthand. Oblivion looked absolutely dismal to me, and even now I don't like the graphics overly much but still play it and enjoy the game.

Sic' em, Rorie!

Oh if only I could set the dogs on them, Mr Burns style.

I really don't get the complaints about graphics. The game looks slightly better than Mass Effect and doesn't seem to have infamous texture popping that plagues a lot of UE3 games.

20795.jpg