F3: Mothership Zeta screens & short article

Mad scientists and orbital missile stations.

Oh, you went there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, you went there.

:o What? it's in the design documents of the canceled games, they'll implement in some way in the future. Hell they already took ideas from FOBOS 1 & 2, tactics, etc.

Oh, you went there.

:ermm: What? it's in the design documents of the canceled games, they'll implement in some way in the future. Hell they already took ideas from FOBOS 1 & 2, tactics, etc.

Hah, was just kidding, thought you were going with the VB idea being looney as a witty jab :D

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

anyway, so we've got Vampires, Transformers, Zombies, Zombie-Rednecks, Aliens...what's next for Bethie? Dinosaurs? Cthulhu rehash? Swine Flu?

I guess you haven't played Broken Steel yet. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't care what you guys say, I don't want called shots to the groin!

on a total serious note...not just the "lol, groin. teh funneh!"

but...really? you don't see the benefit of that? like, it's a pretty standard move in self-defense fighting. and i felt like FO handled it well with it's roll chance to make the opponent crumble to the ground or get the wind knocked out of them.

anyway, so we've got Vampires, Transformers, Zombies, Zombie-Rednecks, Aliens...what's next for Bethie? Dinosaurs? Cthulhu rehash? Swine Flu?

I guess you haven't played Broken Steel yet. -_-

I've played very little of it, and from the looks of things I won't be continuing until I get my room back in order (scraping wallpaper and painting is fun.)

• 2 weeks later...

Eurogamer

Where Mothership Zeta really falls down is the complete lack of inspiration in the mission design. Generally you can rely on Bethesda to intelligently weave complex scenarios around practically anything, with the key characters each having their own specific agenda. Once you've taken in the situation, it's entirely down to your own moral leanings as to which direction you decide to take any given mission. Never quite knowing who is really the good guy, or the least bad guy has made for some thrilling missions in past Bethesda games (and past DLC), but none of that applies here. At best, you can rope in some characters to help kick arse, but for the most part you're reduced to the most soulless of gameplay tasks - breaking machines by pressing buttons.

With repetitive, largely uninspired corridor combat, and boring, linear and samey mission design, the least you'd hope is that there would be some supplementary side quests to extend the lifespan - but not so. Having delivered five main quests, five side-quests and three unmarked quests in the vast Point Lookout expansion, to follow that up with such a limited DLC pack is curious. Throughout its programme of downloadable releases, it felt like Bethesda was learning and improving its output. But having started poorly with Operation: Anchorage, it concludes Fallout 3 in equally disappointing fashion.

Oh my!