What are you playing now

Gorth

What server? I just started LOTRO.

I'm on Windfola.

-EDIT-

Hurlshot, how did you get your character info in your signature?

It's on the LotR website, under your forum account information.

http://forums.lotro.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

That might get you there, you choose your character, choose a picture, and then you get the html code to post it on any forum.

Oh next week Divinity 2 is gonna be released. I'm excited.

Yeah, rub it in, damn German speaking jerk :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What server? I just started LOTRO.

I'm on Windfola.

-EDIT-

Hurlshot, how did you get your character info in your signature?

It's on the LotR website, under your forum account information.

http://forums.lotro.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

That might get you there, you choose your character, choose a picture, and then you get the html code to post it on any forum.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Just restarted BG1 because I didn't like the way my previous game was going. Went with a ranger instead of a cleric this time and it's just myself and Imoen instead of a full party. Walking around without any healing has been interesting so far. Except for the time in Candlekeep I don't think I've ever been fully healed. Can be a little harsh at times. Silke was a pain in the ass until I hit level 3, then I got a couple lucky shots in before she turned invisible. I managed to kill her just after she got a dire charm off on my main character. Imoen took a couple hits before she managed to lose my character by ducking in a house until the charm wore off.

I've been kicking around Beregost just kicking the crap out of Hobgoblins and Gibberlings, running away from Assassins and Ogrillions that seem to be able to one shot me with 30 damage hits every time and Hobgoblin Elites and those damn poison arrows! Currently level 3 ranger and level 4 thief.

I finally got Mysteries of Westgate. What can I say, it's awesome. Quests have been very interesting so far, filler combat is kept to a minimum, though what combat there is falls on the easy side. It has a lot of skill checks, plus the story branches off depending on what faction you ally yourself with. I went with the Ebon Claws and their quests have been very cool so far, with interesting twists and situations. After I finish this playthrough I'll start a new one and choose the Church of Lathander path to see how that goes. Oh yeah, the companions, they deserve a thumbs up as well.

Overall, I like it so far. It's not Mask of the Betrayer type awesome, but it sure beats the NWN2 OC. Hopefully, Ossian will become a full fledged development studio, they certainly have the talent to make interesting games.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

vanilla NWN2

barely done anything so far - just got Neeshka and rescued some refugees from some bandit camp thingy

scored a decent longsword off the leader dude - +1 and 1d4 sonic damage

not too shabby for my level 4 aasamir paladin

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

World of Warcraft, another friend had me play it with him, because this guy is ****in crazy about online play, and the game was an absolute piece of ****. Not because it's MMO, but because the game is super low quality, graphics are ****, combat is just stupid, and because everyone there is an ass, hehe, no, not that, third thing, theres practically no plot. I'm playing GT4 again on my PS2.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

World of Warcraft, another friend had me play it with him, because this guy is ****in crazy about online play, and the game was an absolute piece of ****. Not because it's MMO, but because the game is super low quality, graphics are ****, combat is just stupid, and because everyone there is an ass, hehe, no, not that, third thing, theres practically no plot. I'm playing GT4 again on my PS2.

I'm just curious, what is stupid about the combat? I know you're really anxious for a KOTOR 3, so would it be safe that you prefer KOTOR's combat to WoW's combat?

vanilla NWN2

barely done anything so far - just got Neeshka and rescued some refugees from some bandit camp thingy

Yeah, the Astral Blade is pretty neat at those levels. Not many mobs get resistance to sonic damage. Why did you choose longswords, though? Isn't the Silver Sword a scimitar?

--

I'm playing NWN2 myself, too. I went with a modified version of the WM suggested by Gromnir and he's kicking butt scary - despite my best efforts to gimp the build. But now I'm thinking it would be fun to try perhaps a rogue/wizard and go for arcane trickster (Spell Fixes allows for sneak attack on ranged touch attacks, tee hee). Is it odd that I find playing with the character generator more fun at times than playing the game proper?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

vanilla NWN2

Yeah, the Astral Blade is pretty neat at those levels. Not many mobs get resistance to sonic damage. Why did you choose longswords, though? Isn't the Silver Sword a scimitar?

i have no idea - i only just started playing

i haven't gone for any weapon focuses so far, so maybe i will go for scimitars after all ;)

vanilla NWN2

i haven't gone for any weapon focuses so far, so maybe i will go for scimitars after all :p

Oh ****. I've made a boor of myself yet again. Sorry about that, I ASSumed you had already played the game. Forget I said anything. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Is it odd that I find playing with the character generator more fun at times than playing the game proper?

Not really. Some games are just like that. TW2000 is a good example of that, and Hell Kitty can confirm that. ;)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

vanilla NWN2

i haven't gone for any weapon focuses so far, so maybe i will go for scimitars after all :p

Oh ****. I've made a boor of myself yet again. Sorry about that, I ASSumed you had already played the game. Forget I said anything. ;)

haha no worries i wont let it influence me - i was actually considering going for falchions

I'm just curious, what is stupid about the combat? I know you're really anxious for a KOTOR 3, so would it be safe that you prefer KOTOR's combat to WoW's combat?

That would be fitting.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Why did you choose longswords, though? Isn't the Silver Sword a scimitar?

If I recall correctly, the Silver Sword is a universal sword. It doesn't have a specific weapon type and doesn't benefit from any weapon focus/spec feats.

That would be fitting.

Why?

I honestly don't see the combat between KOTOR and WoW to be all that different at all.

You stand there with an autoattack, and signal when you'd like to do other attacks. Unless it's the eye candy of the fake hits and dodging and whatnot that you like, but KOTOR's combat mechanics would be virtually identical to WoW's if it got rid of its turnbased nature and had cooldowns for skills.

Like, what is it about KOTOR combat that you like? Saying it "kicks butt" is somewhat vague.

BG Tutu. I'm testing my mod with it before I release it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I honestly don't see the combat between KOTOR and WoW to be all that different at all.

You stand there with an autoattack, and signal when you'd like to do other attacks. Unless it's the eye candy of the fake hits and dodging and whatnot that you like, but KOTOR's combat mechanics would be virtually identical to WoW's if it got rid of its turnbased nature and had cooldowns for skills.

Like, what is it about KOTOR combat that you like? Saying it "kicks butt" is somewhat vague.

In WoW, I dont see you able to fire critical strikes or power attacks or flurries at enemies, which is why it kicks ass. Combat in WoW isn't really worth the lowliest of garbage found in the most beat up garbage can. Combat in FPS games are great, and KotOR combat is worth the highest of a plasma tv. But not to be saying only KotOR and FPS game combat is good, I happen to like the Jade Empire and Mass Effect combat, and they aint FPS or TPS. I like games that dont just have in combat, attack, as an only choice, I like it when you have secondary attacks (such as Critical Strike) in combat too, adn I dont see that in WoW.

deicideLogo5.jpg