LA is announcing a new game from an old franchise

Hope its either a new Jedi Knight game or X-wing/Tie Fighter game.

If its a new JK, please don't make it like Force Unleashed with wifflesabers and every other enemy immune to force powers. Throwing things at enemies was fun at first, but quickly grew tedious. Focus on deadly lightsaber combat and easy to use force powers please. Just take JK2 and update it. I would be fine and dandy with that. Playing JK2 with the dismemberment and deadly combat codes was one of my most fun gaming experiences.

If its a new JK, please don't make it like Force Unleashed with wifflesabers and every other enemy immune to force powers. Throwing things at enemies was fun at first, but quickly grew tedious. Focus on deadly lightsaber combat and easy to use force powers please. Just take JK2 and update it. I would be fine and dandy with that. Playing JK2 with the dismemberment and deadly combat codes was one of my most fun gaming experiences.

You realize this isn't the LucasArts forum, right?

Just voicing my hopes and some disappointment I felt with Unleashed. :facepalm:

An X-wing revival would rock if it were put in the hands of Lawrence Holland again. It'd probably create a whole new generation of arcady flight sims rather than "Buy and trade for money to buy a bigger ship".

Of course that would mean I'd have to find a joystick that doesn't shift calibration every 20 seconds and has the left axis (when you swing the stick to the left) actually move as far as the right.

They'd probably do it in the prequel series however... *sigh*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just voicing my hopes and some disappointment I felt with Unleashed. :facepalm:

Ah, I see. :)

Instead of an adventure game it will be a fps with adventure game elements,

That's actually how I pictured a Full Throttle "sequel" catered to modern audiences. :thumbsup:

While a FPS is a no-no, action elements would be an integral part of a Full Throttle sequel. The first game did have many of those - bashing up rival bikers, manhandling rude bartenders, etc.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Imperial Commando *hopes*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Day of the Tentacle!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh if they made a new X Wing game i would cry in joy, i have missed that series so much ever since X Wing Alliance being so awesome. If they are able to enhance the gameplay even more, add more ships of all varieties. I will keep my fingers crossed.

A new Jedi Knight game would be very cool, but if you were going to make one now you might as well just make Force Unleashed 2, at least from the standpoint of nurturing a franchise.

I hope it's Republic Commando 2. The first Republic Commando was criminally underrated.

Matthew Rorie

Looks like it's just their partnering with Steam.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://kotaku.com/5308431/lucasarts-rerele...assics-on-steam

Huh... somewhat related.. but...

Interestingly the games mentioned aren't the games that most people consider to be classics...

Loom, Starfighter? WTF!? WHERE'S MY DARK FORCES!

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Haha, I'm actually excited for the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade one.

I remember getting that one year (my parents won it as a prize at a Comdex on year) but I always got stuck in the library!

So whats the new game? Werent they supposed to have announced it already?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hope it's Republic Commando 2. The first Republic Commando was criminally underrated.
Co-op. That game just begged to be played co-op.

No really, it did. I remember it telling me quite clearly.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.