Character customization

I've been looking at this game for quite a long time now, and i just created an account on this forum. I've been wondering if you're able to customize Michael Thorton any way you want. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS! ;)

This game is not complete without this facial hair.

bill2.jpg

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This is something that will probably be covered through a video at some point, so I don't want to give away too much lest I step on someone's toes. Short answer is that you have a lot of customization options for MT. It's all been coming together over the last month or so and a lot of the features that we've put in should be popping up in screenshots around E3 time or sooner. So we'll all finally be able to see MT with something other than the default haircut.

Matthew Rorie

Yeah, I've noticed in the released videos and screens that most of the characters shown either have very simple hairdos, or are wearing hats. I had been guessing that hair textures/animations/etc. are a "polish late in development" feature.

Yeah, and let's base who gets to beta test it on who has the most posts and/or earliest join date!

By the way, I have beta tested a few titles. It was never fun. Except once. The World of Warcraft beta. But Blizzard's version of beta is more like Gold version + two patches for any other developer..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest PoziomyPion
Yeah, and let's base who gets to beta test it on who has the most posts and/or earliest join date!

By the way, I have beta tested a few titles. It was never fun. Except once. The World of Warcraft beta. But Blizzard's version of beta is more like Gold version + two patches for any other developer..

Are you implying OBSIDIAN makes buggy games with badly cut out content?

:fdevil:

Edited by PoziomyPion

• 1 month later...

Has there been any new information on this? In an RPG, character customization is extremely important to me, especially since I never play as the default white male character. It looks like the character will only be male which I can live with if I can at least change his race and facial features.

Well, if I have to play a male character, and I'm going to see his backside for hours and hours (I hope I get to play the game hours and hours), my only request is that you can customize his tushy, perhaps with a slider ranging from "small and tight" to "cuddly-cute and firm". That is all.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.

Story WIP: The Dragonfighters

My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Special thank you to my kids who keep adding achievement points to my gamercard.... :D

Jae%20Onasi.png

Well, if I have to play a male character, and I'm going to see his backside for hours and hours (I hope I get to play the game hours and hours), my only request is that you can customize his tushy, perhaps with a slider ranging from "small and tight" to "cuddly-cute and firm". That is all.

I thought we had Metal Gear Solid for that? MGS4 has A LOT of ass...

*starts spamming up the non WoT forums* Why? Why didn't I join right away? Why did I have to wait 6 months?!

I've had a couple beta tests, only one with a full game though. Got the Red Alert 3 beta thanks to Kane's Wrath and that was pretty fun as long as you didn't take it too seriously. Needed a lot of unit balancing.

I thought we had Metal Gear Solid for that? MGS4 has A LOT of ass...

FF 7: Dirge of Cerberus has a lot of loli ass.

It seems to me that your able to change some minor details like facial and regular hairstyles but mostly i bet that you wont see drastic changes like in mass effect or oblivion

Is that really such a bad thing?

ScreenShot2-1.jpg

That said, I hope sideburns, monocles, canes, top hats and golden pocket watches are available.

20795.jpg

Hehe, yeah. I'll take pre-made faces over "the emperor sports the same hairdo as 3/4 of all peasants you meet"-style customization any day.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm not buying this game if I can' t look like Mr.T.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm not buying this game if I can' t look like Mr.T.

well that just simply goes without saying.

Oh and while were still on this topic, how about Chuck Norris Michael Thorton?

has a good ring to it.

Can there be a voice modifier so he sounds like Solid Snake? Preferably with matching facial hair.