What you did today

Gorth

Day's far from over, but I've been working away on a school-related project. Been moving a house plan between archicad and 3ds max all morning, mainly because of small tweaks to its layout and such. I finally settled for a layout that's just about perfect, and I've done part of the landscaping too. Now come the interiors, then texturing and lighting... oh boy. :) I felt the need to take a break before going back in. Besides, I have to walk the dog. :)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Day's far from over, but I've been working away on a school-related project. Been moving a house plan between archicad and 3ds max all morning, mainly because of small tweaks to its layout and such. I finally settled for a layout that's just about perfect, and I've done part of the landscaping too. Now come the interiors, then texturing and lighting... oh boy. :) I felt the need to take a break before going back in. Besides, I have to walk the dog. :)

What kind of dog? You can tell a lot about a man from his dog.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What kind of dog?

I've got a Basset Hound. Looks kinda like this one, though mine is only brown and white, no black.

basset_hound_2.jpg

You can tell a lot about a man from his dog.

Yeah, I guess you can.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I don't have a dog. but if I did I'd like a staffordshire bull terrier crossed with something a bit more gentle.

*thinks*

I could call it a wusshound.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Began my astronomy class yesterday and realized I haven't had a good calculator in a freaking LONG time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

@Walsingham: The Staffordshire terrier is pretty cool, but I prefer the regular bull terrier. Some friends of mine have one... stubborn dog, once he's got a hold of something he'll not let go anytime soon. If I ever get another dog, it's going to be either a bull terrier or a golden retriever... or, you know, another basset. :)

Edited by fastpunk

Began my astronomy class yesterday and realized I haven't had a good calculator in a freaking LONG time.

Is that lame "Oh Be A Fine Girl Kiss Me" joke still used, I wonder? It's the only reason why I still remember the spectral classes of stars. :)

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I had a friend who had a staffie bull terrier cross. Loyal as your heartbeat. Very gentle to us humans, but a terror to other dogs. Smart little thing too.

I have some friends now who have a westie cross poodle. Which sounds awful but he's heaps of fun. First thing I do when I go visit is chase around the house with him, fall over, have mock fights etc. I'd quite like something like that to cheer me up most days. but I can't take on any more responsibilities right now. Maybe when I retire to the country :).

-Elwood Blues

There's one great truth in life and I recall it has something to do with cats.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Installed WLAN today, which made our flat appear a little less cluttered without all those cables. And our Wii is online too, now :) Not the DS, as we would have to set security ridiculously low (WEP).

But most of my time was spent reading for a short paper due on friday. It has to (ridiculous prerequisite) include so much secondary literature that every other sentence will need a footnote...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Installed WLAN today, which made our flat appear a little less cluttered without all those cables. And our Wii is online too, now :) Not the DS, as we would have to set security ridiculously low (WEP).

But most of my time was spent reading for a short paper due on friday. It has to (ridiculous prerequisite) include so much secondary literature that every other sentence will need a footnote...

Right the essay first, find supporting references later. Much easier.

I personally don't like cats much. But I agree that keeping them cooped up in a hosue or flat is just plain weird.

-Elwood Blues

I personally don't like cats much. But I agree that keeping them cooped up in a hosue or flat is just plain weird.

Walsingham always had a strained relationship with cats. It goes way back...

funnypicturesyourchildw.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cats are fine if you live somewhere where you can let them out to roam. A cat trapped in an apartment all the time, I just don't think that's fair to the creature.

and I don't particularly enjoy having an open air toilet stinking up the place.

As long as they stay the hell out of our garden and stop killing all of our anti-mosquito goldfish, sleeping on our outdoor furniture and making a huge nuisance of themselves. Stupid neighbour cat, haven't seen it yet this year, but there have been two others that have been wandering around the neighbourhood.

Looks photoshopped.

I don't think the dialogue is real.

This actually made me laugh out loud.

All the cats I've ever had have mostly been outside cats. They bury their own poop. Which is of course why cats are better than dogs.

I like dogs, but they need constant attention, and that's not something I'm willing to give. I think it's cruel when people get a dog and then just leave it in the back yard for the rest of it's life.

Edited by Hell Kitty

I am biased and I don't really care to much about legitimacy. ;)

in other words, you're being faking stupid... ahem.

hypocrisy is not a virtue, killian. ;)

taks

Hey, I'm an American. Our country was founded by hypocrisy. Just ask those damn Puritans.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I have three indoor cats and their lives are sooooo painful! I agree that it would be better to let them roam a little. We did have an outdoor cat, but he got run down in the street like a dog. Only he was a cat. I had to go get his dead body off of the road and it was an ugly experience so indoor it is.

Thanks Killian. I really appreciate you s'ing all over my plan. I had everyone in the palm of my hand with cats this and cats that. But you've gone and ruined it all. I've worked years on this.

We're no longer friends. And with the social contract ended it's entirely possible that Walsingham could hang glide through your window into a shoulder roll and then break your neck while your sleeping. I believe I've discussed a very similar scenario a long time ago. Not sure who I said it to, could have been Cant or Meta. That's funny though. Neither of them have been around for quite a while. Very interesting...

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.