Dragon Age

Claudia Black is an Australian from Sydney, not a real french woman from Paris.

So Maria Caliban talked nonsense then?

So it's an OOOstrylian that tries too hard speaking like a French?

Great! :p

Claudia Black is an Australian from Sydney, famous for her role in Farscape, who provides the voice of Morrigan in Bioware's Dragon Age.

I have no clue who the French lady is.

Things Hell Kitty does not know:

* Whether Maria Caliban is confused or a teller of filthy lies.

* Whether Claudia Black does a good French accent.

* Whether he would be able to tell how good a French accent Claudia Black does.

* Whether Claudia Black tries too hard when speaking in a French accent.

* How hard too hard is.

Passive voice can turn a rather banal sentence into poetry, if utilized right. I have never understood why so many American institutions are against it. It's a tool in the trade, so use it.

It's called hypercorrection. Bad writers frequently write entire passages in passive voice. When told to not do this, they hypercorrect and avoid using it at all. Then they take it upon themselves to tell other people not to use passive voice, ever.

Okay, there are two women talking in the video. One is Morrigan and the other is Leliana. Virumor mentioned both. My first paragraph was about Morrigan's voice actress, who is Claudia Black. My second paragraph was about Leliana's voice actress, who is a woman from Paris, France.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I would never have guessed that Leliana's voice actor were from France. She does not speak with a French accent that I recognize - or maybe it is just because the only French accent I'm useed to hearing is the one of Maurice Chevalier? Or the French accents from the Disney movie Aristocats?

Anyway, I think Morrigan's first voice actress was much better than the current one, much more deeper, much more mysterious than the current voice. It fitted her strong, wild character much better than the coy, girly voice she has now, I find.

As far as the content of the marketing vidoes, I've sort of resigned. I still object to the idea of playing an elite soldier going around rallying support for the battele against the Blight. It is just as if Bioware spoke to Bethesda --- and became inspired by Oblivion. The same basic plot is in Oblivion as is in DA: Origins - defeat the ancient evil - gather troops - defeat ---- and so on.

And why does everyone seem to think that blood, gore and sex (yes sex!) is = Mature...?

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

As far as the content of the marketing vidoes, I've sort of resigned. I still object to the idea of playing an elite soldier going around rallying support for the battele against the Blight. It is just as if Bioware spoke to Bethesda --- and became inspired by Oblivion. The same basic plot is in Oblivion as is in DA: Origins - defeat the ancient evil - gather troops - defeat ---- and so on.

And why does everyone seem to think that blood, gore and sex (yes sex!) is = Mature...?

Isn't the famous figurehead of the army supposed to gather the people? Or does that only apply to civil wars? :D

As for blood, gore and sex, wasn't there more to them then just yay guts, yay naked people? And "somehow" mass media dumbed them down to blood and sex mature and eeeviiiiil, corrupting the childrens' soooouuuuls.

As far as the content of the marketing vidoes, I've sort of resigned. I still object to the idea of playing an elite soldier going around rallying support for the battele against the Blight.

Yes, but I maintain hope that it will be possible to join the Uber Bad Guy and wipe out humanity from the face of the planet. Or even better, enslave them. That would be in line with the origin of the character I'm planning to play, the poor City Elf bride whose life was ruined by the cruel human overlords.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

As far as the content of the marketing vidoes, I've sort of resigned. I still object to the idea of playing an elite soldier going around rallying support for the battele against the Blight.

Yes, but I maintain hope that it will be possible to join the Uber Bad Guy and wipe out humanity from the face of the planet. Or even better, enslave them. That would be in line with the origin of the character I'm planning to play, the poor City Elf bride whose life was ruined by the cruel human overlords.

You sir, are an optimist of considerable proportions.

sonsofgygax.JPG

And most importantly, enslaving nations with necromancy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And most importantly, enslaving nations with necromancy.

Necromancy isn't everything. You need living slaves too.

^ Dude, I know it's a big ask but would enslaving nations with one of the other schools of magic be acceptable. I'm aware that "Enslaving Nations with Abjuration" or "Enslaving Nations with Conjuring" don't quite have the same ring about them, but it might be the best you can hope for.

sonsofgygax.JPG

By the way, are there other origins known besides the dwarf whatever, the city elf and the human noble?

There are sex origins:

Human noble

City Elf

Dalish Elf

Mage

Noble Dwarf

Commnon Dwarf

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Is it the same lame setup? Humans are more fertile/expansionistic/brutal/etc. Elves and dwarves are in decline. We have to decide whether to side with the human racists or with elvish treehuggers or some lame crap.

Please tell me it isn't completely rehash.

Is it the same lame setup? Humans are more fertile/expansionistic/brutal/etc. Elves and dwarves are in decline. We have to decide whether to side with the human racists or with elvish treehuggers or some lame crap.

Please tell me it isn't completely rehash.

I think more along the lines of all races banding together to teh evil deemanz.

I seriously hope not. :lol: