What you did today

Gorth

Taks. Serious question here. Do you really think I'm that dumb? We all know I'm no physiologist but really I don't know what the difference between small pox and chicken pox are? Next thing you know I'll think the bubonic plague had something to do with chucky cheese.

Can't even get an ounce of respect around here. I thought we were pals.

>_<:lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Because the fire department has better things to do with their time, like stopping fires. They don't have time to deal with dumb cats that get themselves stuck in trees.

Is that an official policy?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Because the fire department has better things to do with their time, like stopping fires. They don't have time to deal with dumb cats that get themselves stuck in trees.

Is that an official policy?

Depends on the city/town. Wouldn't matter either way around here, anyhow. I don't believe firetrucks have a ladder long enough to reach from the street to the end of a backyard. The only thing that might help is one of those big crane/lifts that can lift people 40+ feet, but since the space between side-fence and house here is only about 5 feet, I kinda doubt they'd fit one through to the yard - or be inclined to try.

Most cats manage to come down when they get hungry enough - but humans become worried long before then. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I filed my taxes today, going to get a fat check for 141 dollares u.s. sometime in the coming weeks. Tomorrow is the start of spring break but I still have to work, makes no sense, pisses me off and my other school has spring break sometime in April which doesn't make sense either and angers me. Right now I'm watching a movie and my cat is being annoying as hell. I also need to study for an exam, do 2 projects, finish a batch of online homework, and then get ready for another 3 exams coming up. It just seems like this crap is never ending and I don't think I've ever been this busy in my entire life. I hereby declare that I will never, ever, ever work while going to school.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm starting to get worried. I technically owe the US Navy 200$ from my stint there (for gear that they promptly took back as soon as I was known to be headed home) and they said they'd send me the specifics on how I was to send it to them 3 months ago (I was guessing it'd be in my taxes). So far I haven't seen squat from the Department of the navy... plenty from the VA system telling me to take their life insurance policy, but nothing from the navy itself.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Men in black will come and pick you up in the middle of the night...

We are just waiting for confirmation from above to remove all traces of a user once known as "Calax" :grin:

Edit: Bought myself some TV furniture. Got tired of having it standing around on the floor. Stuff was heavy as . Managed to get bruises, scars and a strained shoulder which still can't be used for any lifting. It sure didn't look that heavy in the store :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm starting to get worried. I technically owe the US Navy 200$ from my stint there (for gear that they promptly took back as soon as I was known to be headed home) and they said they'd send me the specifics on how I was to send it to them 3 months ago (I was guessing it'd be in my taxes). So far I haven't seen squat from the Department of the navy... plenty from the VA system telling me to take their life insurance policy, but nothing from the navy itself.

Sometimes the logistic inefficiency kills you. Sometimes it gives you free trainers. Take the money, my son, praising Allah...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I filed my taxes today, going to get a fat check for 141 dollares u.s. sometime in the coming weeks. Tomorrow is the start of spring break but I still have to work, makes no sense, pisses me off and my other school has spring break sometime in April which doesn't make sense either and angers me. Right now I'm watching a movie and my cat is being annoying as hell. I also need to study for an exam, do 2 projects, finish a batch of online homework, and then get ready for another 3 exams coming up. It just seems like this crap is never ending and I don't think I've ever been this busy in my entire life. I hereby declare that I will never, ever, ever work while going to school.

You should laugh every now and then. It helps.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't you just love exam time? For the rest of the semester in 5 classes I have 3 exams, 1 VB program, and 3 group projects (two due this week, wednesday/thursday). In other good news, I just finished a temporary data entry job so I should be getting some money from that in the near future. I really need to get a proper computer chair before I attempt anything like that again. My current chair is way too low for extended typing sessions.

Edited by Deraldin

school is soooo much easier than "real job." i really, really miss it, and i worked through the entirety of my first two degrees, full-time for the 2nd (80 hours a week the last year). then you have school plus "real job," which blows every sort of chunk imaginable. never again, never ever ever ever ever again.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've lost all desire to pursue a graduate degree. I took one class almost two years ago but just can't gin up the interest. To say nothing of the time and expense which is considerable on both counts.

I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow for X-Ray. I hope beyond hoping the leg cast can come off. I have this freaking itch.... just... can't... reach....

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

graduate degrees really don't mean a whole lot unless you're in a field, or doing the type of work, that necessitates one, and generally that means fields heavy in theory, low on application. i wanted to be a design engineer as a new-grad, which almost meant i had to get the MS after graduating in 1990. there just weren't many new grads getting design work, and those that were had advanced degrees (of course, by the time i got the MS, it no longer mattered, though i got a salary premium out of it). now, however, i'm looking at positions with titles like "senior principal systems engineer" or "chief scientist" which all but require at least some advanced degree, and the PhD cuts 5 years off the experience requirement (from an MS). advanced degrees are almost required for "authority" positions or status in many companies, and it makes a difference when contracting with the gov't, too (they typically expect principal investigators to have advanced degrees).

taks

out of a cast after only a month? um, aren't broken legs usually casted for 4-5 months?

good luck, either way. at the very least, maybe they have some long, thin, scratchy thingy you can use in the mean-time? >_<

taks

out of a cast after only a month? um, aren't broken legs usually casted for 4-5 months?

good luck, either way. at the very least, maybe they have some long, thin, scratchy thingy you can use in the mean-time? >_<

taks

It's been six weeks actually. I have four pins in my femur now and they hold the bone in place and force it to knit properly. But I won't be totally free, I'll be trading the cast for a removable splint so at least I can take a shower. These sink baths are just not doing it for me. Especially after PT. The have me using 5 pound dumbells now along with the squishy ball. My right arm has two pins and it's out o the cast now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have to look for a new car now too. Thats sucks because I loved that truck. It wasn't much. Just a non descript red Mercury mountaineer. But I bought it brand new in 1998, paid it off in 2002 and put every mile it had on it myself. I did every oil change, every brake job, everything except tires myself. At almost 200K miles it had never given me a more serious problem than a bad alternator. That was like losing an old friend.

Thomas Sowell

Nice, but I'm 6'5" and weigh about 210 pounds. I'd never fit in it. Plus I live off a dirt road, it would never make it down after a hard rain. I was looking at a used Jeep Liberty at CarMax. But it'll be a while before I can really test drive.

Thats just shy of 2 meters and just over 95 kg for those who use the metric system.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I think a typical break heals in 6 weeks. Ive never actually broken a bone so Im not sure on that.

depends upon which bone, how bad the break is (shattered or a clean break), how old you are, and how they go about fixing it. with pins, yeah, cast is off quicker if the break isn't too serious (my buddy shattered his knee skiing a few years ago and was in a cast 4 months IIRC, lots of pins, too, just too much damage). GD's predicament sounded like he hit all the confounding factors, i.e., he's getting old (hehe), it was a big bone broken in a nasty accident (which implied bad break), etc., so i just figured this time-frame was rather fast.

taks

uh, that same buddy slipped and fell on an ice cube in the kitchen 6 months after shattering his knee and promptly broke his femur in two, for another few months in a cast. he doesn't walk well anymore, poor guy.

taks

>_<

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Too bad I can't give you soe of my pills Calax, they would knock you right out. Of course I've been chasing thwm with bourbon so that does help a little.

That cannot be too healthy, GD. Get well, not dead, please.

As for a, I say get something like a Prius if you can afford it. personally I think that no car is worth more than $500, but that's just me. Maybe get run with a reinforced roll cage and steel body and frame. Forget the Prius, get something that would shatter the newer cars if you it them.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Nice, but I'm 6'5" and weigh about 210 pounds. I'd never fit in it.

My brother is 6' 4" and he drove one of tiny Honda Accord hatchbacks from the early 80's for a long time. It was always amusing to watch him fold into it. Don't ask me how he dealt with it, I don't know. He's very skinny w/small feet, tho.

My husband is 6' 1" but has size 13 shoes and in most small cars/sedans/Asian imports his feet feel horribly cramped (driver or passenger)/the pedals are too close together so he dislikes them a lot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts