What you did today

Gorth

well.... 29 hours and I still feel as awake as I did yesterday... that's not a good sign

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It all depends on what you are doing. One time my gaming group and I was playing a session of Cyberpunk 2020 and it ended up being 34 hours later before we noticed.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Too bad I can't give you soe of my pills Calax, they would knock you right out. Of course I've been chasing thwm with bourbon so that does help a little.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My mother thinks the cricket team shootout in Pakistan was caused by video games.

I'm trying to not make this sound like teen angst, damnit, this is bordering on retarded.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Too bad I can't give you soe of my pills Calax, they would knock you right out. Of course I've been chasing thwm with bourbon so that does help a little.

well... I'm at 34 hours now... a bit tired... but I do know what caused the "YOU CANNOT SLEEP" biology. One of the meds I'm taking makes it so my body is chemically dependant on that thing hitting my system to knock me out. So tonight, I pop that sucker and I'm gonna be out within 10 minutes. Fortunately they put me on another med and are backing this one off.

So yeah things aren't going very well right now. I have an abscess around my cuticle on my left thumb and I tried to lance it. Some blood, a very minuscule amount of pus came out and then it immediately swelled back up again and now it hurts. I got really nervous becuase like a line from my thumb down to my forearm started to hurt but not anymore and I can't imagine having done any damage considering my needle probably didn't go deep enough to really do anything anyways but like yeah it hurts and is throbbing and I tried soaking it in a hot salt water type thing and it hasn't done anything. I'm pretty worried my thumb is going to rot off when I wake up tomorrow. :'(

This was a bad idea. Is there a doctor anywhere? :'(

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hey, you still got a thumb left! :luck:

My dishwasher broke down... I am not panicking yet. Not until I run out of dishes :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So yeah things aren't going very well right now. I have an abscess around my cuticle on my left thumb and I tried to lance it. Some blood, a very minuscule amount of pus came out and then it immediately swelled back up again and now it hurts. I got really nervous becuase like a line from my thumb down to my forearm started to hurt but not anymore and I can't imagine having done any damage considering my needle probably didn't go deep enough to really do anything anyways but like yeah it hurts and is throbbing and I tried soaking it in a hot salt water type thing and it hasn't done anything. I'm pretty worried my thumb is going to rot off when I wake up tomorrow. :'(

This was a bad idea. Is there a doctor anywhere? :'(

get some antibiotics in you, you nutloop.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

slug, go to the damned doctor. You're probably going to have to have that thumb lanced. Good Lord. My brother JUST had the exact same thing. It's almost uncanny. Anyhow, just go have the doctor take care of your thumb and get some antibiotics in you. With all respect to you, Ros, I think the gin treatment might not do the whole thing in this case, especially if the thumbnail has become ingrown.

Just go to the doctor.

Well I made it through the night somehow. My thumb is still really sore and it's still pretty swollen as well. I did have a really major scare though last night. I was sleeping and then I woke up and I wanted to check my thumb but my entire hand was frozen and wouldn't move. But then I realized I had it above my head for how many ever hours and then like within a few seconds the feeling returned and its alright now but still pretty scary. If it's not any better by tomorrow I'll go to the doctor but I'm just really scared becuase I'm seriously a little girl and will probably tear up from the pain because this thing hurts already and is really sensitive, just like me. :'(

I'm just going to put neosporin on it and try and keep it safe from all the dangers of the world. And btw I'd like to go on record and say that this was not my idea. I mean I had considered it but then I was like naw that's not a good idea and then I asked a guildy who happened to be of middle eastern decent and my logic was that his people are natural healers and he was like yeah lance it, I do that crap all the time and I'm cool. And so yeah the moral of the story is: if there's any sort of connection to the middle east just blame it on the terrorists.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Slug, pus = infection = trouble. Whatever the doctor does to you it won't be worse.

I'm having surgery tomorrow after which the cast comes off my left arm. Yea! I'll fianlly be able to type normall again. I started PT the day before yesterday, not too bad just squishing a raquetball and using a towel for resistance on my legs. Fortuantly I am in pretty good physical condition so that is making it easier. Thanks again everyone for all the encouragement and emails!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

For the most part I'm still intact. The crash was almost head on. It happened on Covington Pike between Memphis and Millington. The other guy was drunk and crossed the median and hit me between the front tire and drivers door. It broke my left femur, my right ulna (arm) and my right wrist plus a few cracked ribs, broken teenth and my face looks like I kissed a weedeater. The bad part was my Ulna nreak was compound fracture and it damaged my radial artery. When EMS got there one of them tolt the HP I would not survive. They had my wallet and took my insuracne card out and got my emergency contacts from them. Well, I never updated my contacts on that so their first call was to my ex and they told her I had died in the accident. She had to call my parents and tell them. They did not find out the truth for seversal hours when the hospital called them. Anyway, I've got pins in mt arm and leg now and my right wrist is in a cast. All in all I was lucky. I have a hard time convincing myself of that sometimes but I guess it was just not my timew to go.

I would love to have heard the call to my ex. >_<

Thomas Sowell

They had my wallet and took my insuracne card out and got my emergency contacts from them. Well, I never updated my contacts on that so their first call was to my ex and they told her I had died in the accident. She had to call my parents and tell them.

One could almost think you did that deliberately :lol:

So, what happened to the other guy? I am always in favour of drunk drivers becoming involuntary organ donors ;)

May your recovery be fast and uncomplicated :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, I never updated my contacts on that so their first call was to my ex and they told her I had died in the accident. She had to call my parents and tell them.

damn that's a bit harsh on the parents

i imagine they would have been freaking out, and then a few hours later the call from the hospital

"oh yeah... so... he's not dead after all... our bad"

hope you at least had some hawt nurses :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

hope you at least had some hawt nurses :lol:

they probably had him hopped up on enough morphine that all the nurses were hawt. nurse mathilda, nurse ratchet, etc. :sorcerer:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

well after a marathon of 40 hours awake I fell asleep last night and slept for 14 hours missing my first class this morning.

hehe, you're lucky. my record was 46 (i'm a baaaad insomniac) hours and when i finally fell asleep, managed 6 or 7 hours. of course, i stayed in bed for 12 or so, but i was not really sleeping. zoloft, btw, was terrible for my sleep habits. the first couple months i got maybe 2-3 hours per night at best. i was a wreck.

taks

comrade taks... just because.