What you did today

Gorth

I got the Red Ring of Death today on my XBOx 360 so I called up Microsoft and they are going to repair it for free. Yay for free!

i've heard you might have to enlist this "free" service repeatedly.

no issues with our PS3 yet. my fingers are crossed.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Chaotic Evil.

yard-squirrel-076a.jpg

Today I'm backing up a bunch of stuff on the 1-TB external HD I bought. DVD-rom backups don't cut it anymore.

Beef brisket cooked in a crockpot makes awesome meat for sandwiches and it's cheap.

My 18y.o. cat with CRF is sometimes exhausting? exasperating? messy? to care for. Same with husbands, even when they don't have CRF. :sorcerer:

My mother's heart is weakening and it's making her tired. Makes me (and her) sad. But she's mentally as wonderful as ever, which makes me happy.

I remind myself daily that it's the little things that keep us sane and truckin' on. Like the bowl of chocolate ice cream that I'm about to go eat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Do you really have to choose only one?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Do you really have to choose only one?

yes i do :sorcerer:

one of them i've liked for quite some time now but never thought she was interested, but last night she was txting my flatmate talking to him about it

apparently she's been wanting me to make a move for ages now - or at least that's what he said

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

you ought to have a 3-way tryout (with you in the middle) of sorts. one night, no holds barred, winner take all. explain to them that the most adventurous gets the nod!

oh, i'm a sick bastage alright.

taks

"What you did today?"

brownies om nom nom noams

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

while fun, i don't think that would end well :sorcerer:

that all depends upon your point of view. to me, a night like that with none of the three wanting anything from me afterward would be a very good ending. sick AND jaded. :lol:

taks

There is only one solution: a fight to the death with bendy straws. The competition will be set in the jungle and will last 72 hours. The one with the most limbs left wins.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

oh dear... :)

That's an understatement... :lol:

In other news I'm getting back into Pen-and-Paper gaming as some friends have asked me to run a World of Darkness campaign for/with them. Should be fun. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

ok and now i've just found out a married friend of mine likes me

oh dear... :)

When I was young and pretty such things happened to me too. The only thing to do is to

a) become old and fat

b) talk about nothing but military history

c) get involved with someone else.

At least it worked for me. :lol: And by worked I mean 'prvoked a fiery and destructive jealousy which nearly got me ejected from a friendly nation'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Btw, while not everyone may be aware, it seems Guard Dog got himself knocked up. I don't know if anyone has close contact with him? Hope he comes back all stitched up.

Doesn't sound good. If his time off allows for a more distanced view on his political opinions, it'll be time well spent :* No, I hope he comes out of it alright.

Shryke: Heh... While your situation is certainly enjoyable in many respects, I hope you won't be known as hooker by the time you get older ;) [edit] I can't find the word I'm looking for, but it should describe a person notorious for sexual reasons. Otoh, why worrying about the future, if the present's good. I know I don't.

More robot work today, hoorray

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Btw, while not everyone may be aware, it seems Guard Dog got himself knocked up. I don't know if anyone has close contact with him? Hope he comes back all stitched up.

Yikes, I did wonder where he had been for quite a while now :*

Hope is going to be OK

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Christ on a donkey! Does anyone know his email? Can we send him a davy crockett hat or something?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm considering writing to Arnold and telling him that if he's that worried about a California drought, maybe he should ban lawns and all those L.A. golf-courses.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts