What you did today

Gorth

Well, if you want to put 200,000 miles on the thing without any major problems, go with a Honda or a Toyota.

hyundai, too. my wife's is going on 6 years and no problems to date. a little over 4 years left on the warranty, too. she'll ride it 200k i'm sure.

me, i can't do anything for more than a few years. i've been in my house for 6 now and it's starting to feel like a tomb. i haven't ever owned a car for more than 3 years.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Christ, I'm weird.

I've recently started corresponding with a girl who currently is rushing into something akin to a marriage relationship, and I'm trying to stop her because I'm finding myself acting as if I was her father. I've never even MET her but I'm scared to my wit's end about her situation and what she's rushing into. I probably won't sleep much because of this, and am also asking myself why I care so much about somebody who I've exchanged 5 emails with. I know I've never been in a relationship beyond a wham bam thank you ma'am that I was in up in college (we were together for most of a semester but only really hung out during the run up to the christmas break, we had sex twice but that was it and I ended up breaking it off because I didn't know if I was going back to that school next semester), but I feel like I'm supposed to be protecting her. I'm very confused about my feelings, options, connection, everything about her (and this is without direct contact! I could probably deal with this better if I'd known her more than this, but as it is... I'm just F'n confused.) I know some bloke is going to say that "this is what love feels like" but I can't even be sure it's that because I've never even MET her. I'm confused, scared, trying to do my best to create a safety net for her to fall back on... but most of all I'm confused.

Hell I don't know what to think.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ok I've calmed down some but I'm still questioning why the heck I'm trying to be the parent in this girls life.

Shryke: Nice :D

Calax: Hm, sounds intriguing - see to it that you don't feel 'abused' after she marries :w00t:

Well, today, I was responsible for waking my gf one hour late, so she couldn't take a shower and didn't have time for breakfast and still was late for her first lesson this semester :/ If that's not a good start, I don't know what is.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Yeah but I mean, you can't beat Dodge's lifetime powertrian warranty.

The question is whether the "lifetime" in question is the car's lifetime or Dodge's lifetime, the latter of which is looking perilously short right now.

My sister has a VW, and has had a lot of electronic-type problems with it. They're costly to maintain and repair.

I bought a car. I was planning on waiting a year, but I'm a sucker for a good deal. Man, the dealership was really dead. It's a Honda Accord 09. I'm pretty much in shock, although not as much as when I bought the RV.

The best part of Honda is that there's some life in them too, almost like Japan's answer to BMW (where Toyota would be Japan's answer to VW..). I used to drive a Honda Bullit (it wasn't actually called that, but it got that nickname and it really stuck):

Honda-CRX.jpg

Honda CRX

Great fun to drive, even though it had wooden seats, really hard suspension and interior quality issues (buttons falling off, plastic breaking and stuff like that). The super responsive steering and transmission combined with the amazing engine well made up for it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

saw NIN last night

it rawked :x

:*

...I'm still questioning why the heck I'm trying to be the parent in this girls life.

I think it's natural, you are confronted by a young person in a possibly bad situation and you want to change it.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah but I mean, you can't beat Dodge's lifetime powertrian warranty.

The question is whether the "lifetime" in question is the car's lifetime or Dodge's lifetime, the latter of which is looking perilously short right now.

Yeah the Dodge dealership I bought my car at just closed.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Ok I've calmed down some but I'm still questioning why the heck I'm trying to be the parent in this girls life.

Partly because you care about people. Partly because you'd like someone to care for you? Seems pretty simple.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

met up with an ex after work for drinks and we met up with a few others and went back to her place and had an awesome jam

there were soooo many instruments - 2 guitars, 2 bass', a keyboard, bongos, a flute, harmonicas, a ukelele, and a few others

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

... According to my yahoo email, I've just won 850,000.00 pounds (or whatever that little L symbol is) from BMW. I'm wondering if it's a scam or not... it doesn't ask for credit card numbers or anything. Just full name, telephone number, address and other specifics that relate to my location.

Yup, looks like it's a scam thats going on. Interesting take on how to get peoples money tho.

Edited by Calax

if it's too good to be true, it is. nobody wins money without actually intentionally putting their name in the hat (so to speak) before hand, yet so many people fall for the "you have just won..." from out of nowhere ("gee, i don't even remember signing up for this lottery???") scams it isn't funny. personally, i'm getting tired of all the crap ones coming from nigeria or wherever... you'd think they'd at LEAST find someone that could write proper english before sending out the email. >_<

taks

if it's too good to be true, it is. nobody wins money without actually intentionally putting their name in the hat (so to speak) before hand, yet so many people fall for the "you have just won..." from out of nowhere ("gee, i don't even remember signing up for this lottery???") scams it isn't funny. personally, i'm getting tired of all the crap ones coming from nigeria or wherever... you'd think they'd at LEAST find someone that could write proper english before sending out the email. >_<

taks

They seemed to have tailored it pretty well to scam people, Had me thinking for a sec but I just made sure I checked the net before doing anything.

Ta daa:

BMW AUTOMOBILE GROUP PROMOTION

PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT,

BMW Automobiles

22 Garden Close, Stamford, Lincs, PE9 2YP, London

United Kingdom

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of

^calax: of course they do.

Pffft, thats chump change. The Nigerian Bank wants to give me 32 mil.

if i totaled them all up i'd be an easy billionaire myself by now. "i would like for you to be in considering of a most rarest of opportunities!"

who buys into this crap?

taks

The BMW lotto? ;)

I used to win millions every fortnight from the UK Lottery. Then I switched E-Mail address and was a bit more careful with who I gave it to.

Not to mention getting mails from associates of ex-rulers/dictators every day that needed my help (and bank account) to get money out of the country. Another classic is the overseas company that wants you to work for them as a money collector, offering you 10% of the money you collect for them >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Today I had an accounting exam which I think went pretty well.

Tomorrow my favorite and only talk radio show I listen to dies.

This week has sucked the life out of me. Luckily tomorrow is Friday.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Sounds like if I want to start making bank I gotta give my e-mail to everyone.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hah! I got more than you did Calax!

Confirmation Serial Number: HMML235524453

De Europe Email Sweepstakes program.

This is to inform you that your Email Address attached to a Ticket Number (15-21-4-19-27-44)

has won the prize Sum of EUR1.000,000.00 Only (One Million Euro Only),

in an Email Sweepstakes program held on the 17th of February 2009.

contact person: Mr.Eddy Anderson

TEL: 0032-485_995_113

reply to E-mail to: eurosmilss1@switched.com

Below are your Winning Datas:

Email Ticket Number 15-21-4-19-27-44

Reference Number: 78-45-2-12-47-66-4

Draw Lucky Number:8-17-10-13-37/*5*7

Batch Number :JKPN44521412,

Serial Number: HMML235524453

Please note that all winning must be claim not later than 10th of march 2009

Sincerely,

Mrs. Carolina Healing

1,000,000.00 EUR = 887,677.83 GBP :p

Very frustrating day. I had left work early yesterday with a head cold. It mostly cleared up overnight, but I still decided to be 'out sick' today, so that I could sleep in and get some things done around the place.

The main thing I wanted to do was to repair the toilet in the upstairs bathroom. The main seal had been leaking (into the wastewater pipe, not onto the floor) enough that the supply was switching on for 30 seconds every 20 minutes or so. This is not a good arrangement when you sleep 30 feet from this toilet, so we had just shut the supply pipe off and used the toilet downstairs. I had picked up a DIY kit to replace the stuff in the tank (the seals on the current one were disintegrating), and this afternoon I went about removing the old bits and replacing them. There were a few complications (removing lots of excess plumbing putty), but it went fairly smoothly, and the main seal holds fine now.

But the supply line doesn't. Apparently, in unhooking and re-attaching the thing a couple of times (it took a little experimentation to figure everything out), I torqued it enough that it just doesn't want to line up straight with the threaded pipe on the bottom of the tank. (I also may have inadvertently shifted the tank forward a quarter-inch or so.) I tighten the piece that locks the supply pipe onto the threaded pipe on the toilet as close as it'll go without breaking, and still get a droplet of water running down the supply pipe onto the floor every 30 seconds or so.

At this point, I could go out and get a replacement supply line, which might fix this. (I'm thinking that a braided-plastic flexible line would be a good move, instead of the stainless steel one we currently have.) But my wife's argument from the beginning was that we should just replace the whole damn toilet, and I'm beginning to come around to her view. It's something that has been on our list to do at some point over the next couple years, as the bowl we've got has some unattractive signs of wear (from prior owners-- we just bought this place in November). Also, an upgrade from the standard round bowl to the more luxurious 'elongated' shape would be a plus in preventing inadvertent wang-toilet contact. Once you factor in installation (there's no effin' way that I'm hauling the old one down the stairs myself, and once I have pros in here, they might as well be doing all the work) it isn't going to be particularly cheap, but my frustration level is edging me towards a justification of the expense.

Plumbing is definitely something you should let the professionals do. There aint anything glorifying about mucking about with some nasty o rings and crusty porcelain and scary magic toilet critters. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah right like he wants to pay for someone to do something he feels he can handle himself.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've been trying to convince the girl I mentioned earlier to hold off. She's in an interesting relationship where her "husband" is an older gentleman that's very much old fashioned (she has to wear dresses). Tonight I spent most of my psych class putting together a letter that I ultimately emailed with her (I've had about 20-30 back and fourth's with her since I first started talking to her) and offered her a room at my parents house (got their consent) if she should decide to leave that relationship, because her home life is a mess (from what I can pick up in her e-mails, she kinda glosses over it). Anyway the letter took me forty minutes to type and I accidentally sent the first 1/3 separate from the other bits. I'm hoping that she reads it and picks up knowledge from it (I basically told her my biggest fears about her situation, and tried to break down her psychology of why she's getting into this relationship etc), and makes a better decision (ie one that doesn't have her with a chance of being pregnant within a year of this date....).

I also started yanking apart my own reasons for getting this parental/caring over her even though she's just a name on the internet right now. From what I can come up with, she reminds me a lot of myself when I first got out of high school. No direction, a fear of insecurity that adulthood (and living on your own) brings, don't know why you're taking classes at college other than "everyone's expected to"... that sort of thing, and I'm equating her getting into this relationship to my monumental screw up with the navy (however he fallout from her decision would be MUCH bigger than the one from mine, and her's is a larger commitment) that left me unable to get a security clearance and prospective employers with a reason not to hire me (mentally unstable).

I don't know, if she did get out of this relationship and ended up living with me and my parents, I'm not sure what my relationship to her would be... protective older brother, father figure, boyfriend? I'm interested in seeing her succeed and find her own identity (which is why I think she's going into this relationship, because she's got an identity being given to her) and figure out exactly what she wants out of life. She wants kids, that much she made clear, but I think she wants kids, not because they're bundles of joy and happiness that continue the species (ie the reasons most people want kids) but rather because she wants the attention being pregnant and having a young child brings from those in society. Also I think that she's wanting that unconditional love from the child (which due to the situation she's entering she might not get it) to replace what she might not have had at home.

The relationship is VERY complicated... and I'm still confused about what I'm trying to do, and what role I'm taking here. I don't even know why I'm posting this for you guys... probably a part of me wants to affirm that I'm correct in the actions I'm taking.