What you did today

Gorth

One of my accounting classes is angering me. We have a homework manager set up that has assignments for the first third of the semester and of course I've put them off until now with 10 days left The reason being is in the begining of the class I did the first 3 and it took me like 5 minutes so I assumed that the rest would be of equal or close to the same level but the difficulty has increased exponentially. For one problem today it took me upwards of 40 minutes. There's a built in function that allows you to see if the answers you've provided are correct without actually grading your submission so that really helps but at the same time when you get something wrong it's like what the hell is going on? For one question I was just sitting there for half an hour trying to recalculate and read through the text to figure it out when I finally just submitted it so I could look at the answer. It was seriously some purposeful tomfoolery afoot on that one.

I have my first exam on thursday for managerial accounting. That one I should do fine on. I think I'm going to work out now.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Got my ADMJ test out of the way. Geology is tommarrow and I'm worried about that one (mainly because the guy makes the dang things so hard that he curves it almost in half, yes he's got a Doctorate), and Human Development on thursday, then a four day weekend (which isn't big to me because I've got fridays off anyway :shrugs:)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

^theslug: sounds like my detection and estimation theory class, except that the first three problems were not 5 minutes each. i spent, as i recall, nearly 20 hours a week doing homework not counting study time for tests. we never had more than 4 or 5 problems per assignment, either. oof.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Slept. Realized I'm going on vacation next week.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

i didn't want to start a new topic though this is not really "what i did today"-ish. well, it's what i did a few weeks ago. when we ski copper mountain, we regularly stay in frisco, co. and here's a little article on the town that appeared today.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490926,00.html

unfortunately the article doesn't mention my favorite restaurant, the blue spruce.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

God I'm happy, just got my first two grades back on tests (in wildly different subjects) and got an A (94%, I could have gotten a 96 if I had remembered to add the death of a fetus to the definition of Murder)in administration of Justice, and a B (85.2%) in my geology class!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I played with my girlfriend's new laptop, works better and has better specs than her desktop-computer. I also realized that i accidently started to wizzle "Happy Days" while at work. People are starting to think that something is wrong with me. I laughed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just got back from a presentation for a local accounting firm in one of my classes and now I'm eating about to study for a quick 40 minutes before heading back to school for an exam in my other accounting class and then I'll probably come back home and change for an accounting event dinner thingy tonight. I'm scared because I have to actually network with people which I've never done before and I have to becuase I have to write a 1 - 2 page paper about who I met and what we talked about or something. Not entirely sure what to expect here. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've been splitting my afternoon between data entry and studying for my Intro to Information Systems test this evening. I dunno what to think of this test. It's worth 40% of my mark so it's obviously very important, but at the same time, it's somehow ended up being composed of 80 multiple choice questions. What kind of a test for 40% of my mark is that? It just seems like a test that is worth that much really shouldn't be just multiple choice.

I really need to get cracking on the data entry. I've only completed about half of the records for this week that I said I would get done and I've got a status report due tomorrow afternoon.

I've been splitting my afternoon between data entry and studying for my Intro to Information Systems test this evening. I dunno what to think of this test. It's worth 40% of my mark so it's obviously very important, but at the same time, it's somehow ended up being composed of 80 multiple choice questions. What kind of a test for 40% of my mark is that? It just seems like a test that is worth that much really shouldn't be just multiple choice.

Multiple Choice = Professor/TA doesn't want to spend the time necessary to read and grade responses.

Multiple Choice = Professor/TA doesn't want to spend the time necessary to read and grade responses.

Multiple choice in this case = he gave the class a choice of format for the test and that is what people went for.

My managerial accounting exam went pretty well. I know I aced like the first 8 multiple choice and I got most of the journal entries correct but the actual costing scenarios didn't go as well. The first one was stupid hard. I'm not even sure I got any of the points on that one becuase everything I pretty much pulled out of nowhere. The other ones I did much better on except the last question it was activity based costing and I was debating between applying the predetermined overheard rate to direct labor or just applying the $10 an hour labor cost. In the end I just used the $10 an hour for direct labor and hope I'm right. But seriously that first question really threw me off. The questions were quite basic and you can find them out with like x + y - z = w. Well to find Z you have to know w but of course we had to determine that on our own and it just got really complicated and I think I over thought it and I was scared.

But now I have to iron my clothes for this dinner thing and I'm really nervous and my hands are literally like -10 degrees but when I get there I'm sure they'll be like -20 degrees and sweating profusely. Going to be awesome. Damn these hands!!

So I went to this Institute for Internal Auditors shindig thing and it actually went pretty well. I know I claim to be some kind of ruthlessly hopeless social pariah but I think I did pretty stellar. I stirred up some conversation with a very nice and very pretty asian girl from one of my classes and another nice and pretty girl who actually had a twin there as well ;( (I think as a man I'm obligated to put this less I be conceived as gay). I also met a few people from the industry and gained some serious insight into just how much bs the big 4 firms lie through their teeth.

I'm actually pretty stoked now. I feel good. This might be a first on this board, but, I'm not angry.

Though I do have work tomorrow...

Now I'm angry.

So I went to this Institute for Internal Auditors shindig thing and it actually went pretty well. I know I claim to be some kind of ruthlessly hopeless social pariah but I think I did pretty stellar. I stirred up some conversation with a very nice and very pretty asian girl from one of my classes and another nice and pretty girl who actually had a twin there as well ;( (I think as a man I'm obligated to put this less I be conceived as gay). I also met a few people from the industry and gained some serious insight into just how much bs the big 4 firms lie through their teeth.

I'm actually pretty stoked now. I feel good. This might be a first on this board, but, I'm not angry.

Though I do have work tomorrow...

Now I'm angry.

I can agree. I attended some accounting courses for my secondary subject, Industrial Management, and i was quite suprised by the possibilites of evading tax with some clever accounting.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sluggo, about your hands. I think it would suit you if you got a pair of metal guantlets and wore them over your evening dress. Just say it's a skin thing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

She's a great girl but I wasn't as into her as I thought I was

Yeah they're called boobies.

umm...rough day. broke up with the girlfriend, high school romances are overrated. She's a great girl but I wasn't as into her as I thought I was

Just remember this now leaves the way clear for all the other women you will have.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.