I am a sad, sad, sad soul.

alanschu

I'm glad you liked the game, Mass Effect :) for the PC. But, as others have said, go to sleep....

Then, after you have slept, you can start the game again, being a higher level and maybe on the hardcore mode...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

I'm glad you liked the game, Mass Effect :) for the PC. But, as others have said, go to sleep....

Then, after you have slept, you can start the game again, being a higher level and maybe on the hardcore mode...

Don't tempt him...

The only games I have replayed right after playing them were Half-Life 2 Episode 1/2 and Portal to hear the commentary.

Edited by Purkake

You jock. :)

looking back i'd say retard is a better word. :) i can't believe how much we used to drink.

my brothers and i used to stay up all night playing the first two bard's tale games* as well as the first few might and magic games. for the M&M games we had a big piece of plywood hung on the wall with all of the maps for the overland grid laid out so we could see where we had been and where we needed to go. good times.

taks

* technically Tales of the Unknown: The Bard's Tale for the first one.

comrade taks... just because.

i think you have just earned the title "nerd," alanschu. the last time i was up 36 hours straight it was because we were doing the centurion club: 100 beers in 100 hours. we actually did the lesser variety of 64 beers in 48 hours i think (friday at 5 till sunday at 5). hard to remember either way.

taks

We did a variation of that that was 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes. Out of our group of 8 only 2 people made it past 60. It nly works out to around 8-9 beers, but taking it that steadily that fast ****s you up.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

We did a variation of that that was 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes.

that's called the century club. we did it every thursday night my last semester in college while watching the simpsons and cheers with whatever show was in between (recall, i graduated college in 1990). we then hit what is now called the grotto for the evening before returning to the pad for more of the same.

It nly works out to around 8-9 beers, but taking it that steadily that fast ****s you up.

depends upon how used to alcohol you are. :) the hard part is that shots of beer ar difficult to gurf (no foam).

uh, while playing video games all night... ahem. actually, i stopped playing games my senior year and did not really get back into them until BG came out. i bet i stayed up 16 hours or more playing that a few times. never the 27 that "sir alanschu the nerd" is reporting, however.

taks

Oh yes, I only had one day to finish Jade Empire, so I did it in one sitting.

Only took something like ten hours, though.

The worst I did was KotOR 2, beat it in one sitting, 32 hours I believe. I didn't feel good after, combination of no sleep and lousy ending.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The worst I did was KotOR 2, beat it in one sitting, 32 hours I believe. I didn't feel good after, combination of no sleep and lousy ending.

Did that figure include remedying the numerous bugs? Zing!

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I value my sleep, so Ive never stayed up all night doing anything. I think I did fall into the "just one more round.. oh, its 4am" trap of Civlisation and Total War once or twice though

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Apparently GTA4 keeps track of your longest playing time (in the stats menu) and it turns out the longest I've been playing it for is 4 hours 23 minutes. I'm getting old.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

longest single gaming streak? I donno I think I clocked in at about two days. I did beat MGS4 in one sitting in about 18 hours strait (the next run through dropped to about 10)

MGS2 I used to be able to run through in about 8 hours.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I guess I beat Mass Effect in two sittings in about 7 hours.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Haha, I have also played through it a second time...

i'm sorry, but i cannot dub you anything higher than a knight, though you clearly deserve more recognition and perhaps a loftier title such as "lord alanschu of the nerds" or something. :teehee:

taks

I guess I beat Mass Effect in two sittings in about 7 hours.

You must have skipped a lot of the side material.

That's really sad. If it is possible to beat in 7 hours, I imagine rushing through it like that would be pretty boring.

It was much better, actually. I skipped all the terrible plot exposure **** and the bland sidequest planet, making it a lot more interesting. That really says a lot about this game, considering I can barely finish KotOR 1 or 2 in less than 20 hours when rushing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

don't think that this absolves you of your nerdity. no, it only reinforces it.

i got my nephew FO3 for the xbox and i'm anxiously awaiting my brother's report on the game. might try it out on the PS3 myself. of course, that means my son will start playing it and immediately outclass me which will piss me off and result in some kind of competition between us... he's 5. guess that makes me a nerd, too. :x

taks

Your son is 5 and you let him play Fallout 3?

Ultimate fail! :(

Hey, which market segment did you think it was aimed at? :p

As for being sad, sad souls, those days ended with the old Black Isle games. Those were the culmination of the 8 and 16 bit gaming culture where I could play the same game for weeks on end. Doomdarks Revenge takes the prize with two months of gaming :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Violence in a game violence on tv (cartoons, news) what's the difference?

I can remember when I first played Bloodlines, I played several hours until I realized it was 4 AM. I started playing around 7 PM. :wacko: Same goes with BG2 I played that for several hours until I realized the time.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.