What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

linky

the full game were pretty darn neato. is kinda like warcraft 3 w/o all the annoying resource management.

am gonna dig up and see if we can get to run on our pc.

HA! Good Fun!

I remember the wargamers discussing back then whether or not it was possible to convert Warhammer into a computer setting. They can be just as passionate as computer gamers when their favourite franchises are involved :)

In the end, Dark Omen put the (harshest) critics to shame by being a real little gem. Much better than Chaos Gate (a Warhammer 40k tactical combat game ala xcom) anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

linky

the full game were pretty darn neato. is kinda like warcraft 3 w/o all the annoying resource management.

am gonna dig up and see if we can get to run on our pc.

HA! Good Fun!

I remember the wargamers discussing back then whether or not it was possible to convert Warhammer into a computer setting. They can be just as passionate as computer gamers when their favourite franchises are involved ;)

In the end, Dark Omen put the (harshest) critics to shame by being a real little gem. Much better than Chaos Gate (a Warhammer 40k tactical combat game ala xcom) anyway.

I absolutely loved Chaos Gate. But I played it wanting a new Xcom, and didn't care about W40k at all.

Joined a group in progress in L4D. Found out that, if I join a game on the last level, I don't get the expert achievement. That sucks, 'cause I was left in a pretty sucky way when I signed into the game. ...And with the disconnects and lack of time, it's hard for me to sit down for the entire time to finish a campaign. Anyhow, I was knocked down by a tank. We killed the tank and a smoker manages to snag one of my fellow players. I can't even see the smoker and I'm firing carefully to keep from hitting the other player. Lying on my back, using my pistols firing at the smoker with Zoey in between the smoker and me, I managed to take out the monster just as the other player ends up in the thing's clutches. She comes over to revive me. We open a door to let out our two resurrected companions. We continue to finish the last level. Blood Harvest.

I tell you what, that was a damned rewarding experience.

L4D multiplayer can be just plain stupid. So, we've got a good group. We've made it past the first two maps on No Mercy without a death. We're moving along and one of the people gets dced. So someone else joins. Then his two friends call for a vote to kick the new guy. Okay, I want to keep the group because we're pwning the mobs, right? Well, the guy can't rejoin our game. There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. The one friend says, "We're going to start over again. If you want to join us, great." I don't have time to restart the campaign, so I get the shaft. And our stats were great and the mobs feared us and AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Damn it! Or the time when we're struggling along but making progress when some stupid ass comes in hopped up on weed or something and starts singing songs and screaming and acting like an idiot stick. He needed a swift boot to the backside. Jackass. So, L4D is fun, but frustrating.

Joined a group in progress in L4D. Found out that, if I join a game on the last level, I don't get the expert achievement. That sucks, 'cause I was left in a pretty sucky way when I signed into the game. ...And with the disconnects and lack of time, it's hard for me to sit down for the entire time to finish a campaign. Anyhow, I was knocked down by a tank. We killed the tank and a smoker manages to snag one of my fellow players. I can't even see the smoker and I'm firing carefully to keep from hitting the other player. Lying on my back, using my pistols firing at the smoker with Zoey in between the smoker and me, I managed to take out the monster just as the other player ends up in the thing's clutches. She comes over to revive me. We open a door to let out our two resurrected companions. We continue to finish the last level. Blood Harvest.

I tell you what, that was a damned rewarding experience.

L4D multiplayer can be just plain stupid. So, we've got a good group. We've made it past the first two maps on No Mercy without a death. We're moving along and one of the people gets dced. So someone else joins. Then his two friends call for a vote to kick the new guy. Okay, I want to keep the group because we're pwning the mobs, right? Well, the guy can't rejoin our game. There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. The one friend says, "We're going to start over again. If you want to join us, great." I don't have time to restart the campaign, so I get the shaft. And our stats were great and the mobs feared us and AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Damn it! Or the time when we're struggling along but making progress when some stupid ass comes in hopped up on weed or something and starts singing songs and screaming and acting like an idiot stick. He needed a swift boot to the backside. Jackass. So, L4D is fun, but frustrating.

Actually Valve made it so that the campaign Expert achievements were cumulative I think (so if you did the last two levels in one play through and the first three in another play through you get the achievement). I THINK, I'm not sure on that.

Also your post about the party swap outs is why I usually play with friends or if the friend leaves I quickly invite another friend to the game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, it really is much more fun to play the game with people you know you can depend on.

I've joined a group called Looking 4 difference, with people who value teamplay and fairness - it's actually great to play with random people you know will play fair and is just looking for a good time.

Fortune favors the bald.

Shadow of Chernobyl with Oblivion Lost and Panoramic mod.

I'm at the bar and trying hard not to buy a nato rifle, since I know ammo for it won't drop till two story missions are past.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just started SoZ.

How come, after I create my first character, the campaign immediately loads? I don't even get the option of creating the other 3.

You get the option of creating more characters later. Before you head below decks, the captain tells you to check the log book or something. You can create/add new characters to your party from there.

How necessary is a rogue in SoZ?

You absolutely need someone with good Hide/Move Silently skills to be your overland map leader. Apart from that, pure rogue is probably overkill (a multi-classed character or a Ranger or Monk works fine), but they are more useful than they were in the original campaign. Traps are more deadly than they were (but they're still not particularly common), and, much like in MotB, there are a few locks that are un-Knock-able.

Edited by Enoch

Gah, and I thought it was already hard enough to pick one character. Now I have to create 4. So far I have:

Yuan-Ti Pureblood Ranger/Rogue

Air Genasi Favored Soul of Talos (later Stormlord)

Fire Genasi Fighter (later Frenzied Berserker)

Aasimar Warlock

I hope the level adjustments won't be too much of a hindrance.

I am going through it as well

My party

Deep Gnome Ranger as leader (Started at 1st level because of the penalty, take that Obsidian :( )

Halfing Thief (Who is becoming the party leader, if you make one bump up the intelligence and take able learner as well skill points up the a$%)

Dwarf Fighter/Cleric

Human Mage

Edited by Kelverin

I've joined a group called Looking 4 difference, with people who value teamplay and fairness - it's actually great to play with random people you know will play fair and is just looking for a good time.

I, for the most part, play with people on my freinds list or from SoDOFF. :*

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I havent played the game but Ive read numerous times that you want a good rogue or ranger or your Overland Map experience will be about as fun as slamming your testicles in a door.

Is that even physically possible? Wait - let me rephrase that.

Is it even physically possible to do that by accident?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Gah, and I thought it was already hard enough to pick one character. Now I have to create 4. So far I have:

Yuan-Ti Pureblood Ranger/Rogue

Air Genasi Favored Soul of Talos (later Stormlord)

Fire Genasi Fighter (later Frenzied Berserker)

Aasimar Warlock

I hope the level adjustments won't be too much of a hindrance.

It depends. With 50/50 multiclasses or spellcasters it can drag you down because you can't cast higher level spells quickly or whatnot.

Survival and Hide/Move are the best skills for the Overland leader IMO, because the former spikes up the movement speed and the latter lets you avoid +90% of all encounters.

There are also mods out there now that reduce the encounter rate.