What you did today

Gorth

Surely it's always Christmas at Disneyworld?

I taught a group of students who were in a state of depression following Saudi Arabia's defeat by Oman in the final of the Gulf Cup. I said, "It's only a game" and got some very dirty looks in response. :ermm:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sometimes I think that half the reason Guinness is so successful is that the frothy head is so much fun to fiddle with when drunk.

Yes, best drink ever created.

I vote DR comes to the UK for beer. :ermm:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

went back to superdickery.com for the first time in about a year. For those who don't know its a series of comic covers and art sometimes taken out of context most of the time it's not, and it's all designed around "WTF were you thinking when you wrote these!"

A few examples:

13776_4_001.jpg

97_4_0000366.jpg

Comic Reality-TV?

97_4_0000049.jpg

... WHO puts a bullseye on a Cop car?

and finially

363379992761.jpg

Seriously?

Also half the fun of the site is reading the captions he comes up with for the images.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sometimes I think that half the reason Guinness is so successful is that the frothy head is so much fun to fiddle with when drunk.

Yes, best drink ever created.

I vote DR comes to the UK for beer. :shifty:

nobody makes it like the Irish do.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

DR, I thought you'd stay sober now?

Bokishi: Also some girls that are into gaming? They're scarce, so even if it actually was a nerd party, there'd also be something good about those :thumbsup:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

363379992761.jpg

Seriously?

I present to you, good sir. The Official Barkley, Shut up and Jam: Gaiden

"This is canon"

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Bokishi: Also some girls that are into gaming? They're scarce, so even if it actually was a nerd party, there'd also be something good about those :)

Wasn't a nerd party, although there were some dorky guys there. I'm helping my female friends get their catering business off the ground

a group of us went to the zoo today

when we first got there it was raining, so on the way a couple of the girls quickly stopped off at some store and bought umbrellas

then it got all sunny and hot and bleah

there is also now a photo of me skipping down the footpath with a pink umbrella >_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Also some girls that are into gaming? They're scarce, so even if it actually was a nerd party, there'd also be something good about those o:)

Maybe it's because of where I live or who I tend to hang out with, but I can think of as many avid female PC gamers as male ones when it comes to personal acquaintances.

Here's a short list of just a few of the more notable ones and some of their favored games:

"Satan's Night Out":

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War

God of War II

Neverwinter Nights (Modules/LAN)

Neverwinter Nights: SoU

Neverwinter Nights: HotU

Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker

Neverwinter Nights 2

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Fallout

Fallout 2

Sins of a Solar Empire

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Civilization I

Civilization II

Civilization III

Civilization IV

"Pleniluna":

World of Warcraft

Sins of a Solar Empire

"Valine":

Neverwinter Nights (Modules)

Neverwinter Nights 2

"Mouse"

Rock Band (all)

Guitar Hero (all)

Rachel:

Portal

Half Life 2

Jenny:

Left 4 Dead

Dead Rising

"CurlyGirl"

The Sims 2

Oblivion

Morrowind

Neverwinter Nights

Neverwinter Nights 2

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

"Carmel"*

The Sims 2

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey

*She's my littlest sister, and only five at the moment.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

DR, I thought you'd stay sober now?

Bokishi: Also some girls that are into gaming? They're scarce, so even if it actually was a nerd party, there'd also be something good about those :o

Easier said than done. I don't do it a lot like I did though.

a group of us went to the zoo today

when we first got there it was raining, so on the way a couple of the girls quickly stopped off at some store and bought umbrellas

then it got all sunny and hot and bleah

there is also now a photo of me skipping down the footpath with a pink umbrella :(

I always thought you were a bit queer. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It's colder than a well digger's ---. The creek in the back of my land actually froze. The dogs don't want to go out. Coming from Florida I am not used to this.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

hm, i moved from FL to CO and didn't have that big of an issue...

of course, i grew up in st. louis, which has worse (read: colder) weather than most of TN with equally high (if not higher) humidity throughout the year, and most of CO is considered a desert of some sort or another, which means a very dry cold, which isn't really all that cold if the wind speed is low... yeah, i guess i can see how you'd be hating it. :lol:

we've had our rather common "spring in january" thing going on so it has been in the 60s. sucks for snow and skiing (colder in the mountains, however), but a nice break otherwise.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I got an e-mail from my ex today. A very angry e-mail. First time I've heard from her since I saw her last year. Anyway, as you guys may remember, I sold my house in Florida last summer. We bought that house together so even though we had split up she had a 50% ownership stake in the house. So after closing I met with her to give her a check for her half. It was a big check too, almost $30K. Anyway, I paid my half of it towards the principle on my new house. She used hers to buy a car. My choice exempted me from paying a capital gains tax, hers did not. Fast foward to yesterday. She just got her taxes prepared and found out she owes the IRS almost $10K, and she spent ALL of that money so she does not have it to pay. The icing on this cake is she is mad at ME for not explaining all this to her!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Ahem.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

It probably betrays some deep flaw in my character that I'm deriving so much pleasure from someone elses difficulties. Especially with an organization so despicable and evil as the IRS. But I think I would have traded ten years off my life to have been a fly on the wall when her tax guy told her the news. Everytime I think of it.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Huh, I thought capital gains tax laws had changed and didnt kick in until you hit a much higher threshold.

That was not the only iron in the fire for her.

Thomas Sowell

It probably betrays some deep flaw in my character that I'm deriving so much pleasure from someone elses difficulties.

Oh, I don't know, I think I would behave similarly if put in your position... :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot