Gorth

The one that is being held prisoner.

That is the one at

evergreen mills

, right?

From you description I think you're missing the one in

the capitol building.

@CrashGirl

Weapons degrade faster when you use VATS, in case you didn't know. The repair system sorta evens out in the later levels of the game i.e. 15+. Unless you use a sniper rifle in VATS, which you shouldn't

There is a mod that allows you to use similar weapons to repair each other and also one that allows you to use scrap metal.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

The one that is being held prisoner.

That is the one at

evergreen mills

, right?

From you description I think you're missing the one in

the capitol building.

@CrashGirl

Weapons degrade faster when you use VATS, in case you didn't know. The repair system sorta evens out in the later levels of the game i.e. 15+. Unless you use a sniper rifle in VATS, which you shouldn't

There is a mod that allows you to use similar weapons to repair each other and also one that allows you to use scrap metal.

Duh I forgot that one. :- Yeah I got all of them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If I play this game again, I am so adding a mod to slow down weapon degradation speed. It is absolutely proposterous.

Following Di's advice I went down into DC and did the stuff for three dog to help him get his signal running again. Despite going into the quest with an almost perfect condition combat shotgun and three lower condition spares in inventory for reparing, the weapon was almost useless from degradation long before I finished the quest.

The repair system wouldn't be so bad if you could repair a weapon with any other weapon, but as it stands now, it is just annoying.

Its much worse than System Shock 2, which I didn't really believe was possible.

The combat shotgun has a relatively low condition for how often you fire it. I usually stick with hunting rifles/Ol' Painless. There are hunting rifles all over the place.

Guest PoziomyPion

Hunting Rifles aside, does anyone know how to create character without those white patches on face, which are especially visible if you make your character more dark skinned?

Actually, you can simply find any other shotgun and use it to fix your primary shotgun. I do this all the time with the good old "Terrible Shotgun", which is awesome BTW. At least, that's how the repair skill works on the 360 and it works alright.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Actually, you can simply find any other shotgun and use it to fix your primary shotgun. I do this all the time with the good old "Terrible Shotgun", which is awesome BTW. At least, that's how the repair skill works on the 360 and it works alright.

Sure, but the question is how often you're finding replacement shotguns, which depends on what you're fighting. I found that if you're only using them situationally (e.g., when a mirelurk is all up in your grill), you'll probably find enough to keep yours in respectable condition in most areas. But if the shotgun is your weapon of choice in combat generally, it's going to rust to pieces in your hands pretty often.

Majority of the simple Super Mutants have them.

I installed that mod that slows done the degrade on the weapons. Much more realistic than what the game has.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

My character is a little on the evil side. Three Dog is talking trash about her. I'm going to have to pay him a visit and pop a cap in his ass.

Would be nice if this game had a higher level than 20. I reached that before I did half of the stuff in the game.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Would be nice if this game had a higher level than 20. I reached that before I did half of the stuff in the game.

There's mods for that. I'm only level 10 and have been playing for many many hours. I don't undersatnd why anyone would stick with the default leveling scheme if they can use mods.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There's mods for that. I'm only level 10 and have been playing for many many hours. I don't undersatnd why anyone would stick with the default leveling scheme if they can use mods.

Are there mods that let you go higher than level 20? I thought there where just one's that slow down your leveling.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think that's what she's talking about.

Correct.

There isn't much point to having more than the default 20 levels really as far as I can see, unless you really have a fetish for having everything maxed out.

But the leveling SPEED is out of control in the unmodded version. Unless, I suppose, you are more interested in just hitting max level as fast as possible rather than enjoying yourself along the way. I'm definitely in the latter category.

SO I like to slooooowwww it all down as much as possible.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Finally bought this game last week on the relative cheap as promised; but have yet to even start it. Manual looks good though so kudos to Bethesda for that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

One of the biggest issues is that the harder the difficulty, the faster you level. That was a huge Bethesda brain fart right there.

Ah that is why I'm leveling quicker in this new game I started. I set the difficulty to hard and I seem to be leveling up quicker. :)

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Finally bought this game last week on the relative cheap as promised; but have yet to even start it. Manual looks good though so kudos to Bethesda for that.

Unexpected, this is.

I would be curious to know what you think. Please feel free to post your thoughts and reflections, if you feel so inclined.

"Unexpected, this is."

Why is it unexpected? I stated, quite clearly, IIRC that I was waiting until I could get it cheap(er) before buying it. So, in fact, it shouldn't be unexpected that i would do EXACTLY what I said I would do. L0L

And, oh, I plan to post my thoughts about it eventually.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Unexpected, this is."

Why is it unexpected? I stated, quite clearly, IIRC that I was waiting until I could get it cheap(er) before buying it. So, in fact, it shouldn't be unexpected that i would do EXACTLY what I said I would do. L0L

And, oh, I plan to post my thoughts about it eventually.

lol. I didn't think you'd actually bother doing it though.

I still remember your reaction to Morrowind after you have it a try years ago. I figured you'd never actually play a Bethesda game again.

By the way, did anyone buy The Pitt? If so, how is it? I'm seriously considering buying it..

Well I've been playing around with The Pitt DLC, I didn't get it but a friend did and I have her copy of Fallout 3 on my external hard-drive at the moment, and it is, so far, extremely well done - if you got the last DLC this one blows it away.

:)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I like how the intro to Fallout 3 sticks very closely to the format of F1 and 2's intros while completely missing the point at the same time.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I like how the intro to Fallout 3 sticks very closely to the format of F1 and 2's intros while completely missing the point at the same time.

lol.

That goes for the whole game.

Really, though, you can't compare them. Even though Fallout 3 is fun; it's not even playing in the same league with Fallout 1 and 2.

I'm hoping that for Fallout 4, Bethesda simplay eliminates dialogue all together and just does what they now seem to do best: create a goofy world to explore.

Playing a lot reveals the more broken side of FO3. Especially if you do quests the "evil" way, which usually includes killing important people.

Which is a big problem when quests get bugged.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"