Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

Tropic Thunder was released on pay-per-view today in the UK, am watching it tonight and will let you know what I thought. It can't be worse than Pineapple Express.

Don't be to sure, I think I turned em both off after about 15 minutes >_<

Neither were as funny as Stepbrothers.

I watched American Gangster the other night. It wasn't a horrible flick, but Denzel's face turn when he gets caught was pretty contrived.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Watched Lakeview Terrace on PPV. I expected a typically stupid but still viscerally enjoyable neighbor-from-hell kind of movie, with lots of gratuitous violence and Samuel hamming it up or something.

Alas, it failed even in that. The people playing the put-upon neighbors were terrible, and they had a lot of (boring) screen time, which didn't help.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Black Sunday (1977) - Terrorists plan on killing thousands at the Super Bowl. John Frankenheimer directed, starring the awesome dude Robert Shaw, John Williams excellent score, football... all equal a thrilling epic. Questionable special effects and some lackluster chases prevent this movie from being fantastic, but it a good film none the less. Still not sure how I feel about the ending.

Recommended

Edited by Kelverin

I thought Tropic Thunder was great, you may be surprised.

I agree Pineapple Express was doo doo.

Seth Rogan is wearing out the mook bit in a hurry. I saw a preview on watchmen for his next turd which he plays a mall security guy, its called report and obey or something similar.

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

Tropic Thunder was released on pay-per-view today in the UK, am watching it tonight and will let you know what I thought. It can't be worse than Pineapple Express.

Don't be to sure, I think I turned em both off after about 15 minutes ;(

Tropic Thunder was a great movie. One of the three best of the year, along with Iron Man and Dark Knight.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

City of God.

If you don't mind subtitles watch this movie. It's based on a true story and set in the City of God, a slum city in Brazil. The story is quite sprawling so I'm not even going to try and explain it but essentially the movie chronicles the life of Rocket, hoods (hoodlum gangs), his friends, and other significant events and people that are interconnected to his story. There's a lot of drug trade, violence, and action but it's not an action movie at all. It's got great fleshing out of characters and crazy story lines and all kinds of wonder. I'd really recommend it.

City of God: 9.9999999997 and a half/10

Edited for pidesco becuase he's right

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

City of God.

If you don't mind subtitles watch this movie. It's based on a true story and set in the City of God, a slum city in Brazil. The story is quite sprawling so I'm not even going to try and explain it but essentially the movie chronicles the life of Rocket, hoods (hoodlum gangs), his friends, and other significant events and people that are interconnected to his story. There's a lot of drug trade, violence, and action but it's not an action movie at all. It's got great fleshing out of characters and crazy story lines and all kinds of wonder. I'd really recommend it.

City of God: 9.2/10

I personally think you underrated it. The way the slums and its denizens are portrayed is simply incredible, the camerawork kicks ass, and they manage to depict the drug problems and the whole mess of a social situation without judging or demonizing anyone, even Z

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

City of God.

In a league of its own ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I saw Watchmen and Friday the 13th the other day. I thought Watchmen was fantastic.

Friday the 13th was good and had a very long introduction.

When Jason kills the teenagers at the start,

I thought WTF, this is going to be a short movie and then Friday the 13th came came up and then thought, that was a long intro.

Don't be to sure, I think I turned em both off after about 15 minutes ;(

Tropic Thunder was a great movie. One of the three best of the year, along with Iron Man and Dark Knight.

In a piss poor year for movies you might be right, except Tropic Thunder sucked ass.

Watched the end of Black Sunday again, like it better this time, the special effects and editing in the end still leave something to be desired though.

City of God.

City of God: 9.2/10

I personally think you underrated it. The way the slums and its denizens are portrayed is simply incredible, the camerawork kicks ass, and they manage to depict the drug problems and the whole mess of a social situation without judging or demonizing anyone, even Z

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We saw Watchmen last night, and while Im somewhat disapointed that its not as bad or as good as the critics say, its endlessly preferable before reading the comic. I would give it a rating of "average" with some angry fist shaking at the fact that it was atleast 30-40 min longer than it needed to be.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Solyaris (1972) - Slooooooow paced sci-fi film that question man's place in the world blah, blah, blah, took me 3 nights to finish this 168 minute "masterpiece" all of the movie theme's have been done elsewhere and been done better. But it does feature the longest and most pointless driving sequence in film history if you find that entertaining. Skip it unless you have trouble sleeping at night.

:lol:

Solyaris (1972) - Slooooooow paced sci-fi film that question man's place in the world blah, blah, blah, took me 3 nights to finish this 168 minute "masterpiece" all of the movie theme's have been done elsewhere and been done better. But it does feature the longest and most pointless driving sequence in film history if you find that entertaining. Skip it unless you have trouble sleeping at night.

I couldn't muster the patience at all, I watched about 20 minutes and was so totally exhausted that I had to go to sleep afterwards.. it was 4 in the afternoon and I wasn't tired at all before.

Gotta say I was pretty impressed by that. :x

Fortune favors the bald.

Sissies, the lot of you.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Solaris(Solyaris) is a "must see"-movies that all the movie-buffs seems to brag about that i have never bothered to see. Time will tell if i ever do.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

While I thought Solyaris was fairly slow paced and frankly difficult to get through, I ultimately found the film enjoyable even if I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ive seen some of it, dont remeber how much. But its a bit more entertaining than the Stalker film. That one was just three guys waling around in the woods talking.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It sounds like 2001 A Space Odyssey to me. I hated that goddamn film. The only reason I watched it all the way through is I hate quitting even more. How in the name of all that's good and holy did it get its reputation? The two peopel I was watching it with fell asleep. Literally!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Blade Runner, The Final Cut.

Much better than the theatrical release that i saw 15 years ago. This movie has become the essential Sci-fi movie for me.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Am I the only person who doesn't like acting in movies?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It sounds like 2001 A Space Odyssey to me. I hated that goddamn film. The only reason I watched it all the way through is I hate quitting even more. How in the name of all that's good and holy did it get its reputation? The two peopel I was watching it with fell asleep. Literally!

Sissy :unsure:

Love this flick, can see where others find it boring, but quite frankly it deserves all it's accolades. Brilliant film!