Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

Darque

Does that mean the game only ships on DVD?

that would be odd, but i wouldn't mind, either, since i'm DVD only these days. my preferred CD player, one of those killer 72X true speed drives (kenwood i think?) bought the farm rather quickly and wouldn't play anything other than the highest quality CDs. it's still in my rig, just not hooked up. i rely solely on my DVD player in the interim (which is going on 4 years now, hehe).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

a party of 4 i believe, but you build them all yourself. there are opportunities to pick up an NPC here or there as i recall. somewhere buried in this thread are details to that end...

taks

Thanks for the answer but that is not what I meant.

From what I read on thievesguild.com, there is a total of 11 cohorts and there is information about 5 of them.

Does someone have information about the rest of them (class/race)?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Who still doesn't have a DVD drive on their PC? These days, it's like not having a mouse.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well Atari's website has:

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space:8 GB free hard disk space

DVD-ROM Drive: 6X speed or faster

Video: ATI Radeon X700 or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or higher

Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card

DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher

Multiplayer:Broadband connection for multiplayer online play

Input: Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D 805 or AMD X2 +3800 or faster

Memory: 2 GB System RAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1950 512MB series, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 512MB series, or higher

I'm guessing that's what's planned to be on the box.

Thanks! It seems I will be fine. :thumbsup:

It hasn't been added to Atari's Digital Downloads yet. Dunno if it will be or not.

I'd assume it will be (Just like MotB was added... AFTER it came out).

I'm waiting for the SoZ DD, as I am so sick of the DVD check. I like having my DVD drive empty.

WHY Atari did not add this as a pre-order is.... crazy.

Atari could have had my DD pre-order, if they only did add it.

I just don't get Atari sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
Review from NWN2 site thieves-guild: http://www.thieves-guild.net/index.php?pid=277

Soon it will be in my hands, mwahaha.

Sounds better and better. I wonder if the cohorts really has no interactions whatsoever during the game? No big deal if they don't, IWD 1+2 didn't have any interparty banter either. Sadly, no words about the trading system.

Waiting... waiting patientely... are you released yet?... waiting... I am not impatient... waiting... are we there yet?... waiting...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Actually, ther'es been tons of word on the trading system and interatcing companions. *shrug*

Also, is that a rveiew? It sound more like a 'thoughts in progess' much like my 'Volourn's Early Impressions' type threads. He's only met two companions so far so very unlikely he's deep into the game at all...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Who still doesn't have a DVD drive on their PC? These days, it's like not having a mouse.

speak for yourself: i'm still using a cassette tape drive.

I hear SoZ comes in a 4096 cassette tapes version.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

speak for yourself: i'm still using a cassette tape drive.

I hear SoZ comes in a 4096 cassette tapes version.

Lol. I wound up snagging a portable DVD from work to install WotLK. I was going to buy a new DVD since they are fairly cheap but in the end I figured why waste the money, especially since WotLK is a one-time install that doesnt require the disk to play.

Local shop I went told me they though it'd be in early (earlier than the 21st which is the EU release date). Hopefully I can get my filthy paws on it before long, so I won't have to listen to the US bastards about how cool it is. :(

:)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Cool. I ordered the game last night. I skimped a bit on the shipping, though, so I'm left crossing my fingers and hoping that my copy arrives before the weekend.

sometimes you get lucky in spite of yourself. is typical better to not get game on day 1. lets others beta for you.

unless word o' mouth is so overwhelming positive, Gromnir almost invariably waits until first patch is released before buying any pc game. saves us considerable headaches... and gives us that warm and fuzzy feeling o' superiority knowings we ain't a slave to junkie mentality like so many others.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, normally you'd be preaching to the choir on that one. I don't buy games all that frequently, and when I do, it's rarely in the initial-release rush. But I'm taking a risk here because I'd really like to get some CRPG time in between the end of the house-buying/moving chaos and the beginning of the Thanksgiving in-law-visit chaos. From a bug-avoidance point of view, I would probably be better served to get Fallout 3 first (which I haven't grabbed yet because there's really no point in buying a game when packing/moving/unpacking is taking all of your free time), but an IWD-style tactical RPG just suits my current mood better than a shooterish Fallout would.

From a bug-avoidance point of view, I would probably be better served to get Fallout 3 first

Based on my experience with Fallout 3 (endless crashing, "dead ends" in quests where they stay unsolvable, NPCs killing themselves etc etc), I wouldn't be so sure actually.

Vanilla NWN2 was very buggy of course but I've not had any gamebreakers or constant crashing since around the time MotB came out.

Still, much of the bugs and whether you'll get them or not is the luck of the draw nowadays I guess, heh.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Preordered since the day it was possible, and hopefully it will arrive at the day of release as promised (practically, it will never happen).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy