Things you irrationally fear

Rosbjerg

Bees, Wasps, and Hornets.

I can't stand bees, wasps or hornets and I would also add bumblebees to the mix.

Can't stand as in "Don't like" or actually fear them?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bees, Wasps, and Hornets.

I can't stand bees, wasps or hornets and I would also add bumblebees to the mix.

Can't stand as in "Don't like" or actually fear them?

I don't like them. I also fear them, but I don't think it's irrational - they sting! Wasps are actually not so bad, because their sting, in my experience, is comparatively mild and does not last too long.

Bees are outright terrible though. When I got stung in my finger, for example, the first day was not so horrible yet, but by the third day my finger, and my palm were so swollen that the hand was rendered pretty much unusable and that state lasted for about a week. It took more than another week after that for the swelling to disappear completely. OK, I don't know whether that was really a bee, as I got stung while retrieving an object that fell into some shrubs and didn't see what actually stung me, but I think it left behind a sting (it was 7 years ago, so I no longer remember precisely), so it was probably a bee unless bumblebees leave stings too.

I have never been stung by a hornet and I do not want to either!

When I see a wasp or a bee in the house I usually endeavor to kill it with a shoe or a newspaper/magazine. I like honey, but it's not worth the existence of bees for me!

I guess insects freak people out because they are completely devoid of higher thought or emotion, ruthless efficient killers.

Giant Asian Hornet. If one bites you you better have a syringe of adrenaline handy. One bite is all it takes, and these are hornets, they can chew on you all day and not get tired.

vespa-mandarinia.jpg

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I guess insects freak people out because they are completely devoid of higher thought or emotion, ruthless efficient killers.

Giant Asian Hornet. If one bites you you better have a syringe of adrenaline handy. One bite is all it takes, and these are hornets, they can chew on you all day and not get tired.

vespa-mandarinia.jpg

Giant Asian Hornets are the worst of them all, particularly the Japanese variety, or so I recall reading somewhere.

Given my reaction to bee stings, I think I might be mildly alergic to them.

Guest The Architect

That one day I'll make threads as poor as this. :(

The only fear of mine I think isn't rationalised is my one of ****roaches. They are no threat to me but when I see one, I want to run for my life.

Otherwise my fears are rationalised. Getting hurt, losing a family member or friend, becoming as retarded as Shryke due to exposure to his posts on the internet, all rational. :(

Im mildly afraid of praying mantis and those other ones that look like sticks but arent sticks at all. I dont know why, I know they cant hurt me. Funny story. A few years ago I was out back at work on my way to my car and there was a small (5-6") praying mantis just chillin on the top of our dumpster. So I go back in and call a few of my coworkers back to see it. This one dude leans in real close and the mantis jumps at him. He turns and bolts with the mantis in hot pursuit, arms flailing and a not-so-manly scream welling up in his throat. Oh we laughed and laughed.

Presentations, speeches in a crowd, things like that...

Yep, these can be pretty scary at times, but it all depends on the circumstances.

Admittely, if I'm well prepared and actually have a clue about the subject, it's not that bad. Still, it can give me the creeps sometimes.

Oh and did I mention little biting doggies?

I fear leg workout day. Knowing I won't be able to sit to take a crap for the rest of the week... *shudder*

And WTF is up with those post-nuclear hornets?!

Im mildly afraid of praying mantis and those other ones that look like sticks but arent sticks at all. I dont know why, I know they cant hurt me. Funny story. A few years ago I was out back at work on my way to my car and there was a small (5-6") praying mantis just chillin on the top of our dumpster. So I go back in and call a few of my coworkers back to see it. This one dude leans in real close and the mantis jumps at him. He turns and bolts with the mantis in hot pursuit, arms flailing and a not-so-manly scream welling up in his throat. Oh we laughed and laughed.
Gold!

I used to be irrationally afraid of dogs, until it emerged that my broken nose is a consequence of being bitten about the head by a wild dog as a baby. I was then attacked by packs of wild dogs while attempting to jog in the Orient. Fortunately, a rucksack with rocks in makes a very effective weapon. I no longer consider this fear irrational.

I used to be irrationally afraid of rats and snakes, until I got attacked by them, and they too became rational fears.

I used to be afraid of skinny fashionable women, until I got attacked by one, and realised how feeble they are.

I am now irrationally afraid of wasps, and have been publicly mocked on several occasions for flapping while in their presence.

I am also 'irrationally' afraid of middle class people. Their grip on morality appears to fluctuate with every issue of New Scientist, and is driven by a savage jealousy of the upper classes, and a nagging fear of the lower. It does not help my mental health to know that I am myself middle class (more or less).

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't like needles.

i second that. not exactly irrational, but the tiny ones they stick us with horrify me so i guess that is irrational.

scariest scene in a movie... ever... saw II. chick jumps into a pit full of syringes. i almost passed out.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My largest irrational fear is sharks. Despite the fact that there are no sharks anywhere near scandinavia, there is nothing scarier. I cant even swim in a pool without imagining that some nasty teethed bugger is hiding somewhere in the corner where I cant see them. When I see sharks on TV I have to lift my legs up from the floor so the imaginary floorsharks wont come up and bite them off.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My largest irrational fear is sharks. Despite the fact that there are no sharks anywhere near scandinavia, there is nothing scarier. I cant even swim in a pool without imagining that some nasty teethed bugger is hiding somewhere in the corner where I cant see them. When I see sharks on TV I have to lift my legs up from the floor so the imaginary floorsharks wont come up and bite them off.

What are you talking about, there are plenty of porbeagles/(Sildehajer) in the seas around Denmark - linky. They even travel as far south as

Fortune favors the bald.

Swimming in places where I cant see the bottom.

Same. Doesn't help that I sink rather than float.

Also moths. I don't know why, I must have repressed a bad childhood experience or something.

Also I suffer from social anxiety and loathe situations where I am the center of attention.

Ingesting something sharp and then puking up blood n' guts. I think it stems from eating a lot of fish growing up and always worrying about bones in them so I'd spend a ridiculous amount of time chewing to make sure there weren't any bones in the fish.

I can watch a lot of horror movies without flinching, but if something happens where someone eats something sharp I get all woozy. :)

As far as common nightmares go, the ground irrationally falling out from under me and snakes. God, I hate the nightmare where I'm trapped in bed with snakes slithering all over my body. I'm actually not afraid of snakes while awake. I think the snake dream stems from my father keeping poisonous pet snakes when I was a kid.

Ingesting something sharp and then puking up blood n' guts. I think it stems from eating a lot of fish growing up and always worrying about bones in them so I'd spend a ridiculous amount of time chewing to make sure there weren't any bones in the fish.

I can't stand most fish, bar salmon, tuna, and shark <sic>. I got a fishbone through my epiglottis, that then got stuck in my throat wall. Two hours of pain every time I swallowed or tried to tell anyone, or turn my head. Bloody awful.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What are you talking about, there are plenty of porbeagles/(Sildehajer) in the seas around Denmark - linky. They even travel as far south as

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "