Things you irrationally fear

Rosbjerg

becoming as retarded as Shryke due to exposure to his posts on the internet :brows:

i know you love me Archie :brows:

and though it's not a fear, as said in the other thread i have an unexplainable hatred of garden gnomes :brows:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Ingesting something sharp and then puking up blood n' guts. I think it stems from eating a lot of fish growing up and always worrying about bones in them so I'd spend a ridiculous amount of time chewing to make sure there weren't any bones in the fish.

I can't stand most fish, bar salmon, tuna, and shark <sic>. I got a fishbone through my epiglottis, that then got stuck in my throat wall. Two hours of pain every time I swallowed or tried to tell anyone, or turn my head. Bloody awful.

*shudders*

:brows:

Guest The Architect
i know you love me Archie :*

and though it's not a fear, as said in the other thread i have an unexplainable hatred of garden gnomes :ermm:

Of course I do. I love to hate. You feed my hatred. Hence Archie <3's Shryke. Does that make sense to you? :shifty:

Well, no second guesses as to what sheep fear the most, isn't that right, SHRYKE? :o

i know you love me Archie :ermm:

and though it's not a fear, as said in the other thread i have an unexplainable hatred of garden gnomes :o

Of course I do. I love to hate. You feed my hatred. Hence Archie <3's Shryke. Does that make sense to you? :shifty:

:*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Ingesting something sharp and then puking up blood n' guts. I think it stems from eating a lot of fish growing up and always worrying about bones in them so I'd spend a ridiculous amount of time chewing to make sure there weren't any bones in the fish.

I can't stand most fish, bar salmon, tuna, and shark <sic>. I got a fishbone through my epiglottis, that then got stuck in my throat wall. Two hours of pain every time I swallowed or tried to tell anyone, or turn my head. Bloody awful.

How did you get rid of it in the end?

BTW: I also take a long time to eat fish to avoid the bones.

Things I'm phobic about even as a supposedly rational adult:

Ladders (even short ones) - if it requires a ladder, and hubby's not home, it plain doesn't get done. Fear of falling I guess, and ladders are always shaky.

Swimming pool drains -- used to have nightmares about them as a kid and I still avoid going too close to them.

Needles -- medical/bodily usage, not sewing usage. I can't look at my arm when they do blood tests. No acupuncture for me.

Bacteria/germs in "wild" water -- it's irrational because the very idea of all that algae/bacteria filled water possibly dripping/getting in my eyes and mouth etc. grosses me out and prevents me from doing much more than wading. I know how to swim (drowning wouldn't be fun, after all), I just refuse to unless I must.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Things I'm phobic about even as a supposedly rational adult:

Ladders (even short ones) - if it requires a ladder, and hubby's not home, it plain doesn't get done. Fear of falling I guess, and ladders are always shaky.

My uncle broke 7 ribs a few months ago by falling from a ladder onto a table. Ladders can be pretty dangerous.

I fear rejection from the women I fall in love with.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's very paralyzing, though. And it doesn't affect me when I "only" care for the woman involved.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

once the needle is in me i'm fine... it's going in that causes me grief. i have been punctured a million times this year and the nurse always asks when i turn my head during insertion, but turn it back once the thing is in... "needles bother you, eh?" sewing needles aren't an issue, either, unless someone is trying to push one of 'em into me. oh, i hate stinging insects for the same reason, it's like an injection.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Ladders can be pretty dangerous.

I've tried to make myself climb the ladder to enter the roof space (through the ceiling hole in the closet) to check it out, but as soon as I step on the 3rd or 4th step and it wobbles, I panic and go back down.

Strangely, I can run around a steep cliffside area or stand on a balance beam or climb a tree or whatever, without a problem. But ladders...*shudder*... o:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used to crawl around on the rooftops when I was little, a whole block of apartments had interconnected roofs and you could venture out there to do a full circuit.

Plenty of treacherous climbs on the way. My mom never found out or I would have been in so much trouble. When vertigo hits you you it's like a terrifying mescaline trip that lasts 30 seconds.

I guess high rise builders eventually just get immune.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ladders can be pretty dangerous.

I've tried to make myself climb the ladder to enter the roof space (through the ceiling hole in the closet) to check it out, but as soon as I step on the 3rd or 4th step and it wobbles, I panic and go back down.

Strangely, I can run around a steep cliffside area or stand on a balance beam or climb a tree or whatever, without a problem. But ladders...*shudder*... :biggrin:

My fear of heights is really a fear of falling resulting in injury or death. Wobbly ladders are the worst. I can fly a glider just fine, and I ain't been higher than that.

How did you get rid of it in the end?

Found a doctor, he reached into my throat with immense tongs and pulled it out sideways and up. I'm never eating kedgeree again, no matter how good it tastes.

I used to be phobic of needles, but I got around it by staring very intently at them when they go in. Focus on the physics of the cutting, and the incongruity of blood coming out, stuff going in. It's really far more interesting than scary.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I fear commitment.

As do I, and any kind of obligations for that matter.

I hear you, brother. I have a crippling hatred of responsibility, coupled to a pathological urge to take responsibility.

I'm just saying...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.