What you did today

Gorth

OK. But you have to remind me to fill out the forms on my business tax.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

fair enough.

i get the distinct impression that we're both going to be tardy in completing our respective tasks. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

fair enough.

i get the distinct impression that we're both going to be tardy in completing our respective tasks. :)

taks

lol, indeed.

I've been struggling through the work today, but just nipped out to the local chinese takeaway to fetch a solid packet of fish and chips. Covered them in pepper and my homemade pickled cabbage. That,coupled with the frosty weather and a glass of Argentine malbec and I'm feeling very festive.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's snowing in vegas.....It's SNOWING IN VEGAS. And I don't mean like "omg a few flakes" no it's snowing in f'in vegas like for real. Easy 2 and a half inches so far in my back yard. My moms work was closed down early becuase there was like a foot of snow. It's snowed like maybe 3 - 4 times in like the entire 20 years I've been alive and living here and every time it's been very measely like quarter an inch at most but this is like serious snow in the suburbs and around the city it's insane. It's supposed to snow all through the night too and I might not have to go to work tomorrow and it'll be awesome CHRISTMAS MIRACLE YAAAAAY thank the lord.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

yeah. it kinda cycles like that.

CO mountains have had back to back record years for snow. last year was ridiculous for northern and southern mountains (central got average). this year is shaping up like last year but everywhere, not just north and south.

taks

drink all day today

or is it all tonight? It is night out. err

Interesting choice of words cancer has a way of eating u from the insid out.

Holy S***. I hope you are alright.

Only time will tell.

Thanks goes to those who showed concern.

What I do today? Worked, went shopping for presents. Shoveled snow. Damn it snowed a lot last night.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

drink all day today

or is it all tonight? It is night out. err

Interesting choice of words cancer has a way of eating u from the insid out.

Holy S***. I hope you are alright.

Only time will tell.

Thanks goes to those who showed concern.

What I do today? Worked, went shopping for presents. Shoveled snow. Damn it snowed a lot last night.

I hope you're doing well

Omg. Probably the best day of my adult life. We snowboarded and recycle bin "boarded" behind my brothers friends suburban and it was sweet. I've only snowboarded once before and sucked horribly but it was pretty easy but like the truck would pull really hard and then slow down and the roads were really inconsistent since we had drove through them a bunch of times so it was like snow mounds and then almost straight asphalt so I ate S like twice and the second time I was out in the middle of the street and they were trying to pull around and his truck sounded like it died and it wouldn't move for like 5 minutes until they got it out the snow and rescued me. It was pretty awesome but extremely freakin cold and wet.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Here in the "cold" north, weather has been very "english" for the third year in a row. Meaning, it's snowing one day and rains the other, and the temperature is way warmer than it should be. Usually, there's a constant layer of snow from october to march/april.

And oh, it snowed in Marocco yesterday. Here, it is raining with several degrees plus centigrade. Unbelievable.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We got hit Tuesday (took me 2h15m to get home) but tonight is supposed to be the grandaddy. Were expecting 7-12 inches between 8pm tonight and 8am tomorrow. On the bright side that means there will be a snow day tomorrow (no school) for my daughter and Ill be taking the day off. w00t!

THIS IS NO FREAKIN CHERISTMAS MIRACLE!?!?!? :'(

It didn't snow like at all last night and it's slightly sunny but overcast so the snow is somehow staying but able to roll through so I think I have to freakin go into work. Damn you kevin spacey.

dang. i just checked the snow reports. wolf creek has been getting a foot a day for the last 5 days or so, copper has 93" total, with 3-5" expected during the day, crested butte, where we're spending xmas, is jamming as well with 5" overnight, snow expected all day and through xmas. nothing in the springs but some is expected.

taks

A pipe for my water heater started leaking pretty heavily last night. I woke up at around 11:00 after going to bed at 9:00. I'm not sure how much it leaked, but I think I got to it early enough.

I used to hate leaking pipes until I found my new plumber. He's an ex RAF warrant officer, and it's almost fun to see him fix stuff, when you compare the way he works to a regular plumber. Listens carefully to the problem, assesses, knows exactly how to fix it, fixes it, explains what he did, and charges about 10% less than a regular guy would. I actually started LOOKING for things to get fixed after the first job. An object lesson in excellence paying off.

-Elwood Blues

Started out the first draft for a dialogue in my SEKRIT PROJEKT. I'm concerned the NPC I'm tackling may come off as too wordy, but it is one of the more important ones, and it's a fine line between giving it attention and making it a walking library.

Also spent the whole day telling myself this would be the day I would stop smoking again. Then proceed to smoke an entire pack in an hour. Oh dear. Ohdearohdearohdear.

The rainwater that had collected in my birdfood dish outside was frozen this morning. Not all the way into a solid round bowl-shaped ice-cube, but more than half-way there. Hey, it's coastal California...doesn't happen too often. :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for another sea-level snowfall, like when I was in 2nd grade. It could happen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

trying to enroll in classes, but because I am not a continuing student, everything thats even remotely interesting to me is either waitlist or closed.

And I need a full load so I can have insurance.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.