Fable 2 scores 10/10 on Eurogamer...

Nightshape

The highest I have ever rated a game was 9.2 out of 10 and that was Mass Effect. There is no perfect game, for all games have their flaws. Some flaws can be overlooked, while other flaws are glaring, depending on the player/reviewer.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I think you just defeated the point of having a closed scale. :(

lol/10

The whole world: :sorcerer: /10

That said, damn! I hoped Fable 2 would be for PC. I'd be playing it now instead of slumming on the interwebs. How long until there's Fable 2: The Lost Chapters for PC?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The highest I have ever rated a game was 9.2 out of 10 and that was Mass Effect. There is no perfect game, for all games have their flaws. Some flaws can be overlooked, while other flaws are glaring, depending on the player/reviewer.

Doesn't have to be perfect. No game is perfect, not even Mass Effect.

10/10 merely means it's the best at what it does. In this case, being a sissy RPG with no death or challenge. No game can surpass it in that sense. Hence the 10/10.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I now picture Hades in a cramped room with a PC and a 360, and all these self-published reviews pinned up on the walls. Is there a reason you came up with 9.2 for ME? Are you positive it isn't 9.1 or 9.3? Wait, it could be 9.19. You should round to the nearest hundredth.

Actually I don't have anything pinned on my walls. They are just plain white walls. No pin ups. No padding. Just white paint. Badly done white paint to boot. There are five criteria that I use when I score a game: Story, Gameplay, Audio, Graphics, and Personal Bias. I then average them out and that is what gets me my final score.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Killian Kalthorne = Hades?

That is what everyone thinks, so who am I to have them think differently? If I deny it people will be even more convinced that I am. If I don't deny it people will think that I am. In either case people will think I am Hades regardless so why not. I'll be Hades.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

Wait. I thought Hades, who was Visceris, became 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit. And Killian was Sand.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Actually I don't have anything pinned on my walls. They are just plain white walls. No pin ups. No padding. Just white paint. Badly done white paint to boot.

I hate plain, white walls. Are you in an apartment or do you have no soul?

Yesiree. Whose alt are you again?

... no one's. :sorcerer:

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I hate plain, white walls. Are you in an apartment or do you have no soul?

I am in an apartment. If it was up to me I would paint the kitchen a bright egg-yoke yellow, the living room red, my bedroom a dark blue, and my bathroom lime-green. I always wanted a bright sun shiny kitchen to greet me in the morning for some odd reason.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

Meh. You judge people on how they act. If KK acts like Hades, I'll treat him like Hades. If that means one person gets my hot sweaty forum-love twice in one day, so be it.

Anyone on the forum played the game? It's out now, isn't it?

Wait. I thought Hades, who was Visceris, became 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit. And Killian was Sand.

You just missed the step where the rabbit turned into Sand.

There was a Doomsayer somewhere in there as well, but that was a long time ago.

Meh. You judge people on how they act. If KK acts like Hades, I'll treat him like Hades. If that means one person gets my hot sweaty forum-love twice in one day, so be it.

Anyone on the forum played the game? It's out now, isn't it?

Yes.

I haven't gotten very deep in the experiance but it really sucks you in... until the old gesture system appears and you have to use various gestures to get people to like you. of course it's REALLY EASY to get people to like you if you play a good character as you walk up fire off seduce and watch the hearts appear. (I'm playing a female for the heck of it). The combat is MUCH more streamlined with ranged/magic attacks being attached to other buttons rather than hit button to change the way you are targeting hit button again to shoot. all in all those looking for a challenge probably won't find it here because the combat is EXTREMLY easy. the old card system is back for hairstyles and tattoos (I believe not entirely sure about that as I have yet to change either) and the system of clothes giving bonus' is back.

You can purchase any building on the planet. the jobs to earn money are a joke (like Shadow Hearts ring system except the target space is HUGE!).

somthings can be extended, for example the fart expression can be extended for at least a minute and if you mess up you might accidently crap yourself.

haven't tried the family making, did get married as part of a quest. you set your spouses allowance that they are allowed to use while you are away and you are encouraged to return every so often to see your spouse lest you get an earful.

I like the game thus far, probably what I like the most about it is that it did away with the central questing/leveling up/faffing about area (the heroes guild) and made it so you could fast travel anywhere and level up at any point. no waypoints, just running. and time does pass if you go between far off areas, it'll tell you exactly how long it is between two places on foot.

take what you will.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Im going to play it co-up with a friend in an hour, Im expecting a proper Molyneux crapfeast.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Right, Ive now played it for 5-6 hours with my friends and Im sad to say that it isnt the complete rubbish I had hoped for; its just not very interesting. Its not a bad game, but its not exactly good either. As always with Peter Molyneux, all the effort has been spent on unescessary periferal details like being able to buy a shop or change your haircut, while leaving the actual core gameplay in a functional but rather uninspired state.

The differance from the first game is mainly in the graphics and combat details, you still have all the idiotic things like only being able to cummunicate by using various emoticons ranging from "fart" to "seduce". But what ticks me off the most is that the co-op system has been intentionally crippled. It could have been something to do on bored days, but theyve really gone to great lengths to ensure that the second player doesnt enjoy himself. As the second co-op player, you cannot create a character or interact with the world in any way except combat, so all you do is choose a generic unchangeable character model and jump in to help the actual player during combat. Thats all you do. They even go as far as to make you transparent during cutscenes to really rub in the fact that youre just some useless appendix to the person actually playing the game. You cant even open doors or smash crates.

Kaftan rating: 3/5 - mediocre.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I rate this thread January.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I rate your face January.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

theyve really gone to great lengths to ensure that the second player doesnt enjoy himself. As the second co-op player, you cannot create a character or interact with the world in any way except combat, so all you do is choose a generic unchangeable character model and jump in to help the actual player during combat. Thats all you do. They even go as far as to make you transparent during cutscenes to really rub in the fact that youre just some useless appendix to the person actually playing the game. You cant even open doors or smash crates.

Thanks for that, I'll rely that to me friend. It's likely we'll reconsider the purchase. It does sound a bit like Eternal Sonata's co-op, except that it didn't advertise itself as anything but combat co-op.

Well, at least there's GoW 2 and CoD 5 to look forward to.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Played a couple hours last night. It's not half bad, which is a sincere improvement over the previous one. I'm not constantly assailed by the same bad joke and the dialogue isn't quite as painful.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."