Not even close to.. BREAKING NEWS: FALLOUT3

It would be nic if I had anything to quote here, but the thing is that out guys came back from Leipzig a few days ago and although Bethesda Softworks had a flashy monter, they did not show anything else from the game except a trailer. With the release of Fallout 3 just 2 months away, this is very unusual and a potential sign that the roverbial dog has been improperly buried.

Are the bugs still in the bag, meaning another delay? Or is Fallout 3 perhaps so bad that Bethesda is waiting as long as they can before showing the possible stinkfest to avoid a negative pre-release buzz?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you dont have a playable to show when you're two months away from release, SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT. You have other companies showing alphas, betas and even overnight builds.. but bethesda? Nothing. And thats at the largest game event in Europe.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If theyll demo it at PAX but not at GDC, then they have their priorities wrong, to put it mildly.

I think they forgot they have to release the game in 2 months.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They don't 'have' to do anything. Games get postponed all the time. L0L

On top of this, Bethesda has already shown a demo, and have allowed people to play it. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...That's not to say F3 won't be a complete failure though.

WAT?

Sorrry, meant to write "won't necessarily be a complete failure". Beth has made some dodgy design decisions, like level scaling, and the game is bound to be a buggy mess at release. I'll probably get it, but I have my doubts.

Or a kitten!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I thought there were a bunch of previews for FO3 from GC, no? I wasn't really paying attention.

Apparently the game was playable at X08 in Toronto last week. Some people were even saying it was best of show (even though Gears2 was playable there, Kaftan - the outrage, THE OUTRAGE). Hahahhahahhsahhhhahahhaha

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Now, now. We all know the REAL REASON behind Bethesda not showcasing a playable demo in Leipzig. It's because they realize due to the superior european taste in everything compared to those backwards, barbaric and consoletargeted aumeerikkaans.

elitist.jpg

Any Bethesda developer FEARS US, since we would ask them questions about the gameplay, who wouldn't involve how "cool" it is or how fun it is to blow someone's head off. We would DESTROY THEM in every way, expose their juvenile level in gamedesign, and obliterate any credibility that they have left.

Now pass on the wine, my dear plebs.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They were having issues with the amount of gore and the game ratings in Germany -- they might not have had the censored version ready yet.

This.

I doubt there's a sinister conspiracy going on, since the game was playable at X08.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Im afraid I must corrct my previous information; there WAS a playable version at GDC, but it was restricted to demos given by the Bethesda guys. Noone from the press and industry was allowed to test it.

:)

Well, it'll still suck.