Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

Yeah, I'll have the Doomguide in my first party as well.

Ha, actually, I'm not that intrigued by the Doomguide. I am slightly interested in the Swashbuckler, but really I'm not that interested in the new races and classes as much as I'm interested in the overland map and the party system. I'll absolutely be content to create my 4-person party out of the old races & classes.

Maybe they should just skip 1.13 and have it merged with 1.14, then have MoW be packaged with SoZ.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Probably I'll recreate my TOEE-party consisting of four dwarves, including a mage and a thief :) It's not as much fun with PB 32 however, as they'll be too strong... Maybe again a party of two drows, one female as the boss, one male underling and two slaves (duergar and svirfneblin)? Hm... Looking forward to create many a party for a playthrough each :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Probably I'll recreate my TOEE-party consisting of four dwarves, including a mage and a thief :)

I always suspected you were Volo's alt

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would never make a dwarven thief. I would make a dwarven SCOUT or LOCKSMITH.

Thievery is beneath my people. (ie. halfings)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Locksmith would probably have been interpreted as expert (an NPC class :)) and scout as ranger, which is even further from a dwarven hero. I phrased it thus in order to make the simple people understand that I meant the DnD rogue class :)

Whose alt I am is my affair...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

"Locksmith would probably have been interpreted as expert (an NPC class ) and scout as ranger"

Funnily enough, locksmith was a dwarven rogue (thief) kit from the Complete Book of Dwarves in 2E.

Dwarven cultture tends to frown on thieves, and are ahrdcore for punishment. Of course, funnily enough, they have two gods - one of thieves, and the other that has 'thieves' amongst his followers.

Anyways, off topic there..

I'll probably recreate an old school party from pnp like I usually do with these games...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I shall create a party of Halfling Monks.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Given the, er, [diplomacy]ease-of-use[/diplomacy] nature of NWN2, you don't really need a balanced party. Or, come to think of it, a party at all.

You could probably solo the thing with a gimped Sverfneblin Bard. I will probably POWARGAEME it with four half-orc hack-meisters.

sonsofgygax.JPG

You could probably solo the thing with a gimped Sverfneblin Bard.

as long as you don't have sand along unloading every fire-based spell on top of your head (with D&D hardcore rules), yes, you probably could. otherwise, your spellcasters will be feasting on BBQ bard that evening.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Don't Taks, just don't.

You've started a rant.

Right, remember in The Good Old Days, when you could leave your party at the dungeon entrance whilst the thief skulked around, did a recce, disarmed traps and back-stabbed a sentry here and there? Then you could move your party forward, totally safe in the knowledge that they would stay exactly where you left them?

Fun, wasn't it?

Not now, what with progress an' all.

Neeshka could have been a really strong NPC, a level clearing death goddess with 8d6 sneak attack and excellent stealth skills. When she issues that Stand Your Ground command, what happens? Everyone follows her, eventually. My party has the discipline of a bunch of untrained conscripts.

I don't know, progress, it's great ain't it?

sonsofgygax.JPG

That's so you. :bat:

It's only really him if they're all female and wear assless pants.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

When she issues that Stand Your Ground command, what happens? Everyone follows her, eventually. My party has the discipline of a bunch of untrained conscripts.

at the beginning of the next round, yes, they all follow. it's heartbreakingly stupid sometimes. they should be perma-commands, IMO. of course, there's alway puppet mode, but that sort of defeats the whole concept of "AI," doesn't it? :thumbsup: you can also turn off the "follow the leader" option as well, but that's a pain, too, since you constantly have to re-order them every time you move and DO want them to follow. i guess progress is a catch-22 of sorts.

taks

Edited by taks

obsidian hotkeys everything else, am not sure why we can't gets some menu/hotkey options for basic jnpc commands.

even so, we once again put forth notion of called plays... 'cause no matter how smarty the jnpc ai, it is gonna seem stoopid eventually if their behavior not take other party member behavior into account. in absence o' some kinda effective group-think ai we suggests the "play": 1 command to makes multiple members take pre-determined & sychronized actions.

adds whole new level o' tactical sophistication... 'special if it were a customizable feature.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My party has the discipline of a bunch of untrained conscripts.

I don't know, progress, it's great ain't it?

They call it AI. Some people seem to think it adds a lot of RP-feel and such.. :thumbsup:

J.

turn-based solves all those issues since you go around and set everyone up anyway. of course, then it wouldn't be real-time, either... :thumbsup:

taks

PS: yes, that's what we need, the real-time vs. turn-based debate! haha!!!

That is odd MC. When I use the "Stand Your Ground" command with Neeshka the party actually stays put. Maybe you are doing it wrong.

they only stay put for 1 round if you have "follow the leader" checked in the behavior AND you don't move out of sight. once you get out of sight they'll stay put either way. i should add, all bets are off during battle as they'll always rush in to do their thing after 1 round of staying put.

taks

Edited by taks

Not in my experience. I select Neeshka, tell them to stay put, and then I have Neeshka do her thing with the others back at the entrance.

Same with me

It might've been case in earlier versions... but nowadays commands work fine

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

l_ad5cca3716431918da1c83404b160ccd.jpg

I guess some of you have seen it before but woah, that cover kicks ass

Very nice cover indeed. Okay, so when will the third expansion coming out? :thumbsup:

all bets are off during battle as they'll always rush in to do their thing after 1 round of staying put.

eh, battle is painstaking. you have monsters to fight, and then you have the members of your own party to fight as well, trying to make sure they don't trigger traps or run off down the corridor past the three monsters that are ganging up on you to engage a whole new set of enemies...

dumber than a bag of hammers