E3 2008 screenshots

Character models look much, much better than before. Looks like there might be some friendlies in combat. Nice that we'll be getting akimbo pistols / subguns. With the unlimited ammo it'll be like Rise of the Triad all over again. That last shot looks pretty good. Physics are nice.

Can we get somebody in here to bitch about how it's not turn-based? Thanks.

Also, Logo.

Edited by Pop

Those character faces look bleeding awesome. I want to see how they move.

Also, AP now has a new logo, available on the FTP.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Combat screens don't look all that exciting I think. The character faces look awesome though, lots of personality.

I don't know, I think those looked great

and frickin' awesome faces, true dat

I lol'd at Castro though

I hope we can choose to aid the bloody communist to battle againt capitalist pigdogs instead of bringing him to justice or cappin' his ass

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Good find once again Fun. <3

The NPC faces as mentioned by the previous posts, are indeed awesome in being able to convey its 'expression'. Though I would prefer to see it being performed in real time than stills, which often would raise my expectations too far high on the existing animation technology limitations for games.

This is the first time we see next-gen graphics from Obsidian and they are really good. Great job on the faces.

Combat looks... well I don't know. Combat is better shown in trailers and gameplay vids.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, I just didn't see what was lacking for SW *shrug*

YOU CAPITALIST PIGDOG, YOU NEVER GET ME ALIIIVE

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I think it looks fantastic! Especially the wrinkly guy in one of the pics.

And still, my only complaint is that the environments do not looked "lived in" enough. It's too clean, too flawless and plastic. I hope they can add more detail to them as development continues.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They really are looking very good now. I agree with Mkreku that I'd like to see a bit more done to the environments to make them look like places that actually exist and are used daily by people, not just put together so that Mr. McSneakers can storm (sneak?) through.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

And that's not Castro, that looks like a Middle Eastern guy.

Wat? Check the beard, skin colour and the barrett

Pics 2,3 and 4 suffer from a severe lack of contrast but the rest look nice. Character models and faces are excellent. I am so going to play this game! ;)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Plenty of people of Middle-Eastern descent have light colored skin.

Also: is the symbol on that guys beret real?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Pics 2,3 and 4 suffer from a severe lack of contrast but the rest look nice. Character models and faces are excellent. I am so going to play this game! ;)

I think that mostly is a result of the air being thick with smoke in that part of the level (the building is on fire)

Character models look much, much better than before. Looks like there might be some friendlies in combat. Nice that we'll be getting akimbo pistols / subguns. With the unlimited ammo it'll be like Rise of the Triad all over again. That last shot looks pretty good. Physics are nice.

Can we get somebody in here to bitch about how it's not turn-based? Thanks.

Also, Logo.

That's me favorite screen also. Mostly because i had a part in it!

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

I just don't know how you do it...

O.o

Damn he's useful.

Now find a trailer!

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Pics 2,3 and 4 suffer from a severe lack of contrast but the rest look nice. Character models and faces are excellent. I am so going to play this game! :)

I think that mostly is a result of the air being thick with smoke in that part of the level (the building is on fire)

I thought as much, there's a bit of fire in screens 3 and 4 anyway. Still, that smoke effect makes the pics less attractive than the others.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I think the buildings still look too sanitised, but other than that, I'm getting a Thief: Deadly Shadows vibe for some reason. I thought that game had a kind of unique 'leathery, also shiny leather sometimes' look to everything. I liked it.

Plenty of people of Middle-Eastern descent have light colored skin.

Also: is the symbol on that guys beret real?

Way to over scrutinize joke/humorous initial impression >_<

I like the character designs a lot, they have that little extra that differentiates them from most games. The screens where there's action going on in the cubicle/office departments are lacking though. They are way too sterile to illustrate a working environment. Where are the motivators? Children's drawings? Posters? Coffee-cups? And protocols, sketches, notes, newspapers, etc...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy