BREAKING NEWS: NEW EXCLUSIVE DRAGON AGE FOOTAGE

Llyranor

I want MAH PERMADEATH

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hmm, a bit too similar to Neverwinter Nights than what I had hoped for. I saw an early screenshot from third person view so I had some hopes it would be more like Gothic, but alas.. Not my cup of tea.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Come on, people. Some of this stuff is so old news we knew about it 3+ years ago. Lets' stick with sharing *new* info.

I agree, let's kick those people who haven't read the DA forum religiously the last four years in the arse. :p

No seriously, I would recomend anyone to register at Bioware and click on the dev-post markers as they allow you to read the dev-posts and ignore the noise of the Bio-masses.

I want MAH PERMADEATH

Not gonna happen.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

"I agree, let's kick those people who haven't read the DA forum religiously the last four years in the arse"

I haven't done that, actually.

"click on the dev-post markers as they allow you to read the dev-posts"

I do this.

btw, It should be noted that Jaesun got his Gaider quote from the Codex. The injury thing hasn't qtcually been discussed in the press from what I call. It's been all Gaider on forums.. for the past 3+ years.

So, it's not like he's getting it from a press clipping.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Here is the gameplay footage from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/920668/6194364/videoplayerpop?

Bioware themselves are working on a higher quality version, that will be available later today (possibly).

http://dragonage.bioware.com/forums/viewto...7&forum=135

"I thought he meant BG as a series. I guess the first one was kinda forced... "

BG2 is better with the role-playing type stuff but it still doens't hold a candle to the enwer BIO game sin that regard.

btw, This doesn't mean I hate the BGs. I love them. In fact, BG2 is my favorite BIO game not counting the entire package of NWN.

Nah. BG2 is better at power gaming not roleplaying. BG1 was roleplaying.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hmm, a bit too similar to Neverwinter Nights than what I had hoped for. I saw an early screenshot from third person view so I had some hopes it would be more like Gothic, but alas.. Not my cup of tea.
You can play the whole game in over the shoulder or in isometric, or switch whenever you like, it's your choice. Although it'll probably be difficult to micromanage combat in over the shoulder.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"I thought he meant BG as a series. I guess the first one was kinda forced... "

BG2 is better with the role-playing type stuff but it still doens't hold a candle to the enwer BIO game sin that regard.

btw, This doesn't mean I hate the BGs. I love them. In fact, BG2 is my favorite BIO game not counting the entire package of NWN.

Nah. BG2 is better at power gaming not roleplaying. BG1 was roleplaying.

talkin' about delusions... :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I like the gameplay video. Its what I've always wanted, third person over the shoulder for exploration and isometric for combat. Its good that the game has that option.

Looks like the game will have plenty of magic, with spells like blizzard and stuff.

Also I guess the PC becomes a Warden, which I guess is the Spectre equivalent in the Dragon Age world.

Although it'll probably be difficult to micromanage combat in over the shoulder

Hopefully the AI is good enough, I won't have to.

I suspect that's true on normal difficulty or lower, but may not apply on hard difficulty, especially if AOE spells damage your own party. Also there are things like putting out a fire by invoking a storm, or spreading grease and setting it on fire, and AI may not be smart enough to do that on its own.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Since when Bioware has crafted good AIs? :lol:

You're not Volo enough, try harder

Did you already see the 3 minute gameplay video?

Download (direct link, 300MB)

Gotta say, that game is the butter and bread of Bioware. Truly awesome!

Thank you!

Question? Will there be different "fatality"-animations depending on class, gender and weapon proficiency? Hopefully the majority of work will go into actual role-playing though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy