BREAKING NEWS: NEW EXCLUSIVE FALLOUT 3 TRAILER

Llyranor

1. In a technical sense, isometric can only exist in 2D. Whip is very much correct.

2. The player can't tell and doesn't care, though, if 3D iso is 'fake'. They only care about the perspective's effect on the way they game.

I wonder, how good would a high res 2d isometric RPG look?

Small resolutions handle them well, but how would it look like in 1280x1024 or higher?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Chugs down lore potion and takes a closer look.

+Dogmeat: Dogmeat = Real Ultimate Canine. This wasteland shepherd owns, has owned and will continue to own. Period.

+Open-endedness: The linearity of rpg's these days is about as common as a chav in Chelsea, and equally as annoying.

+There's AI: The more artificially enchanced stupidity can be limited the better. :lol:

-AI: It's "radiant". :)

-Exploding Cars: FPS gimmick where every environment must have explodables. Um, the last time I checked, cars in FO ran on stable microfusion cells that 1) were usually stripped; & 2) even if they weren't they didn't explode into mintature nuclear mushroom clouds. I mean, HELLO?

-Fatman: Say, that's a nice portable mini NUKE launcher you're carrying? Is this for real - seriously? An FPS wannabe "BFG" based armed with NUKE bombs. Smartest innovation to the wasteland yet ever since well, it was nuked with bombs.

-No Stupid Dialog: Set your int to 1 and watch the fun. Ah those were the days...FO1/2. Heck, even NWN had stupid dialog. No stupid dialog for a series that had stupid dialog has got to come down to dev laziness IMO.

-No eye/groin shots: Almost totally destroys the fun of aiming. You've just critically missed the barn door doring a crunching 0 damaged. Yeah it sucks, but at least nostalgia will make for good party talk.

-Unkillable children: Sounds like a cop-out to avoid public controversy. What ever happened to allowing choice? Oh yeah, we voted Republican...

-Traits are gone: Character customization cripplage FTW! But at least we have...

-A perk every level: The more the better, right? Wrong.

-Deathclaws are mutated BEARS now: WTF, mate?

-Combat: It's not meticulously turned based anymore. It's not even turned based. It's real time w/ a pause button! Now this can work well (ala Mass Effect) but then it's not a FO sequel is it? (See how simple that was, Beth).

Conclusion: Oblivion with guns, it's OBLIVION w/ GUNZ!1

manthing2.jpg

Deathclaws are not mutated bears, there are deathclaws, and there are mutated bears. Two different animals.

Fatman makes sense as a prototype, in Fallout lore nuclear power was the wonderful solve all your problems innovation. Makes perfect sense that the US government would make squad level nuke weapons, after all they had power armor to protect the soldiers using it.

Nothing wrong with unkillable children. Not really important, its a non-issue that feels like a problem because of all the hoopla.

+There's AI: The more artificially enchanced stupidity can be limited the better

What AI? We've hardly seen it in action and it was doing stupid things even in trailers. Bethesda seems to have added some new individual 'features' (such as cowering in fear), but whether they actually synthesise into a good experience will be more important.... and well, look at Oblivion.

Chugs down lore potion and takes a closer look.

+Dogmeat: Dogmeat = Real Ultimate Canine. This wasteland shepherd owns, has owned and will continue to own. Period.

+Open-endedness: The linearity of rpg's these days is about as common as a chav in Chelsea, and equally as annoying.

+There's AI: The more artificially enchanced stupidity can be limited the better. ;)

-AI: It's "radiant". :down:

-Exploding Cars: FPS gimmick where every environment must have explodables. Um, the last time I checked, cars in FO ran on stable microfusion cells that 1) were usually stripped; & 2) even if they weren't they didn't explode into mintature nuclear mushroom clouds. I mean, HELLO?

-Fatman: Say, that's a nice portable mini NUKE launcher you're carrying? Is this for real - seriously? An FPS wannabe "BFG" based armed with NUKE bombs. Smartest innovation to the wasteland yet ever since well, it was nuked with bombs.

-No Stupid Dialog: Set your int to 1 and watch the fun. Ah those were the days...FO1/2. Heck, even NWN had stupid dialog. No stupid dialog for a series that had stupid dialog has got to come down to dev laziness IMO.

-No eye/groin shots: Almost totally destroys the fun of aiming. You've just critically missed the barn door doring a crunching 0 damaged. Yeah it sucks, but at least nostalgia will make for good party talk.

-Unkillable children: Sounds like a cop-out to avoid public controversy. What ever happened to allowing choice? Oh yeah, we voted Republican...

-Traits are gone: Character customization cripplage FTW! But at least we have...

-A perk every level: The more the better, right? Wrong.

-Deathclaws are mutated BEARS now: WTF, mate?

-Combat: It's not meticulously turned based anymore. It's not even turned based. It's real time w/ a pause button! Now this can work well (ala Mass Effect) but then it's not a FO sequel is it? (See how simple that was, Beth).

Conclusion: Oblivion with guns, it's OBLIVION w/ GUNZ!1

Look at all of those negatives. This is why Fallout 3 should have never been made, especially by Bethy. They know nothing about the Fallout world and game play. Bethy FTL. :down:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

1. In a technical sense, isometric can only exist in 2D. Whip is very much correct.

2. The player can't tell and doesn't care, though, if 3D iso is 'fake'. They only care about the perspective's effect on the way they game.

Great. And diablo 3 uses an isometric perspective, which is all I was getting at, not the way the game is rendered.

It's an isometric perspective, but not an isometric-based engine.

Back on topic, this doesn't feel like Fallout 3. It could simply be Fallout: (insert title here), but this is no sequel. Sequels keep the core gameplay and expand, this is Oblivion with guns in a setting that means to lure fans of Fallout.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

People get way too hung up on the number/subtitle thing. It's still the same game no matter what it's called. If Bethesda suddenly decided to change the title, what exactly would people get out of that? Pat themselves on the back and go back dreaming of a "real" Fallout 3?

Did RE fans freak out because Resident Evil Code Veronica was a truer sequel gameplay wise than Resident Evil 4? Probably, but RE4 had to go and be all awesome and ****, the crafty devil.

I'll sum you up best.

Yeah, I dunno what that means either. But you have to admit it sound like fun.

SO I assume you played Oblivion. And Loved it. A Fallout 3 MOD... would be "Fun"? *SMOOTCH*

I enjoyed Oblivion well enough. Just the other day I finished Fallout 2 for the first time, and I enjoyed it well enough too. Neither game makes a huge impression on me. I'm looking forward to Bethesdas take on Fallout, and I have no doubt I'll enjoy it well enough too.

I enjoyed Oblivion well enough. Just the other day I finished Fallout 2 for the first time, and I enjoyed it well enough too. Neither game makes a huge impression on me. I'm looking forward to Bethesdas take on Fallout, and I have no doubt I'll enjoy it well enough too.

What did you think Bethesda did well in Oblivion? What did you find to be the game's strengths?

This is not a trolling comment. I really am interested. :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

New preview from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/ne...p;mode=previews

I don't know, but I can't help myself from being intrigued by this game. Let's hope it's good, no matter what kind of game it becomes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sounds better than Oblivion not that that's hard. That said, if it didn't have the FO name, I wouldn't even care about this game a bit 'cause Bethesda will likely not make a fun game.

It's too bad they think it's okay to have children talk smack; but we can't slap them down? Awww.... Abusive parents who are also gamers will go to war over this!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What did you think Bethesda did well in Oblivion? What did you find to be the game's strengths?

This is not a trolling comment. I really am interested. :bat:

I feel the game's biggest strength were its sales numbers. I didn't find much else very compelling.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Have you people read this?:
...and confirmed that Fallout 3 isn't going to be the end of the Fallout franchise.
"We didn't buy the Fallout franchise to just do Fallout 3 and then stop," he said. "But let's get this one out of the door before we worry about the next one."

Kotaku post.

Fallout franchise ended with Tactics. This game that Bethy is making isn't Fallout. At best its Oblivion with Guns or as someone mentioned a "Fallout mod" for Oblivion. To me F3 is a Post Apocaliptic game that mocks the Fallout games or worse Todd's way of pissing on the franchise. Damn Obsidian for not buying the rights to this franchise.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Fo:BOS was a fun little action game. It was never meant to be a RPG just like FOT wasn't meant to be one. Beth's FO3 is being pimped as a RPG which it is; but it's gonna be likely a bad one just like the rest of Beth's trash.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Fo:BOS was a fun little action game. It was never meant to be a RPG just like FOT wasn't meant to be one.

It's actually probably the worst in those series of games behind Champions of Norrath, Baldur's Gate Dark Aliiance 1 & 2, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, and Ultimate Alliance. The controls were too clunky, there was only support for 2 players, and it lacked variance in gameplay that the classes/special heroes in the other games brought.

Beth's FO3 is being pimped as a RPG which it is; but it's gonna be likely a bad one just like the rest of Beth's trash.

Truer words have never been spoken.

manthing2.jpg