US Presidential Elections

Gorth

Obama is a liberal he will tax everybody so bad we will regret having him. He is like another democrat before him who I forget the name of, who believed in the community and all that good stuff so he could get elected. Then his 4 year term was the downfall of business because increased taxes means more government money which weakens the economy. John McCain is a 22 year veteran who has served in the vietnam war and was a POW for 7 years. That is the kind of man you want running the country, someone who's previous accomplishments scream NATIONAL SECURITY. That is exactly what Obama is failing and will fail at if elected. So Obama is christian, he just left his old church.. hmm how convenient. He claims he christian but his name still is Barac Housein Obama. You know what that means??? HES NOT CHRISTIAN. When you transfer religions from muslim to anything or anything to muslim you are forced to change your name because it must fit your religion. So if hes christian why is his name still have muslim writted all over it.. Because hes a phony, his father lives in like kuwait and is also muslim. So if you guy's want to hand the enemy the title of President.. your asking for it.

Ok... :ermm:

It looks like someone has been reading to many neo-con blogs. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

McCain will continue Bush's failed policies. The Republicans had thier shot with Bush and they failed. Its now the Democrats turn. If Obama doesn't gt things changed around then we will vote for someone else in later on, but I am willing to give Obama and the Democrats a chance. They can't do a worse job than Bush when it comes to the economy. Oil being the highest it has ever been, the Dow being its lowest yet this year, and unemployment rising to new height.

Also I don't give a crap what religion the guy has. I rather vote in an Atheist than a Christian, Muslim, or whatever. I place Islam about the same rung as I do Christianity. Also this is the US, not some theocracy. You don't have to change your bloody name just because you pick up a different faith. How very archaic of you to even think so. Why don't you join the 21sdt century, bub.

this is quite offensive to everyone not an atheist...

IB1OsQq.png

Sorry that I offended you but that is how I feel. At least I am treating all religions equally

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sorry that I offended you but that is how I feel. At least I am treating all religions equally. :brows:

having an opinion is fine, making insults just to have them is not, you Judge Hades learned to walk the edge perfectly, the comment you said was harsh not to mention the "21st century' part, but none of those can be called insults, all i ask from you is just to try to rephrase yourself in the future a bit :sorcerer:

IB1OsQq.png

having an opinion is fine, making insults just to have them is not, you Judge Hades learned to walk the edge perfectly, the comment you said was harsh not to mention the "21st century' part, but none of those can be called insults, all i ask from you is just to try to rephrase yourself in the future a bit :sorcerer:

The 21st century remark wasn't about being religious. It was about the ideology of being forced to change your name because you are changing religions.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The 21st century remark wasn't about being religious. It was about the ideology of being forced to change your name because you are changing religions.

well OK then, it sure sounded like that, but i agree with the name change part aswell (except if it is obviously needed, like if the original name was religiously picked aswell from the 'ex-faith' of the person) :brows:

IB1OsQq.png

Now that clarifications are out of the way...

GO OBAMA GO!

Obama is a liberal he will tax everybody so bad we will regret having him. He is like another democrat before him who I forget the name of, who believed in the community and all that good stuff so he could get elected. Then his 4 year term was the downfall of business because increased taxes means more government money which weakens the economy.
Obama plans to lower income taxes on American workers by giving a tax credit of up to $500 dollars for individuals and $1000 dollars for working families and heavily simplify tax preparation to save people lots of time.

John McCain is a 22 year veteran who has served in the vietnam war and was a POW for 7 years. That is the kind of man you want running the country, someone who's previous accomplishments scream NATIONAL SECURITY.
Because getting tortured gives you the experience necessary to become president! Let's go to Guantanamo Bay for the next president then!

Because hes a phony, his father lives in like kuwait and is also muslim.

Are you really that ignorant? Obama's father became an atheist prior to his death, even before he moved to the US.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Guys.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Look, I know how trolls work, I've been one. That is not a troll, that's a Republican.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

As it looks like the Democratic nomination will be decided here in Denver ( as it may be too close to call ), I will wager you a $100 Visa card that ( no matter what ) Hillary will be the nominated candidate for the Dems. Decision to be arbitared here by the members of this forum. I will send you the account numbers and ex date of the card I purchase to support my claim.
Oh, absolutely. If people want to give me money, more power to them.

Oh hai.

I'm here to collect my winnings.

God you suck! :wink:

I've been watching and expecting this moment. Just waiting to see if Hillary pulls something out of her ... this. I'll be contacting you very soon about payment after tomorrow's announcement. Cash, Visa or PP. Your choice. Once again in case you missed it the first time...God you suck! :wink:

My only consolation now is hoping to see Obama get beat like a baby seal in the November election! :)

Still hope to buy you a beer or few at the convention though. We can talk trash about each other while we witness the backroom deals of the Dems as they eat their dead and direct Denver's new toy on the crowd. I want to take some readings and would enjoy your company nearby when the millimeter wave weapon fires :wink:.

Dr Taks...a gold 'wedding ring' wired to the 'collector' ( don't remember the term ) of an SCR powering a DC growler...( currect to ground ):) Congrats BTW.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Obama is a liberal he will tax everybody so bad we will regret having him. He is like another democrat before him who I forget the name of, who believed in the community and all that good stuff so he could get elected. Then his 4 year term was the downfall of business because increased taxes means more government money which weakens the economy. John McCain is a 22 year veteran who has served in the vietnam war and was a POW for 7 years. That is the kind of man you want running the country, someone who's previous accomplishments scream NATIONAL SECURITY. That is exactly what Obama is failing and will fail at if elected. So Obama is christian, he just left his old church.. hmm how convenient. He claims he christian but his name still is Barac Housein Obama. You know what that means??? HES NOT CHRISTIAN. When you transfer religions from muslim to anything or anything to muslim you are forced to change your name because it must fit your religion. So if hes christian why is his name still have muslim writted all over it.. Because hes a phony, his father lives in like kuwait and is also muslim. So if you guy's want to hand the enemy the title of President.. your asking for it.

People like you don't deserve internet access.

Or oxygen.

People like you don't deserve internet access.

Or oxygen.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that this guy spends most of his free time slobbing his daddy's knob in a closet somewhere rather than contaminating his mind with independant thought. I don't like Obama but these claims are spurious.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I think we have, over the last two pages, asserted that the original comments regarding names was absolutely spurious and logically bankrupt, and have done our job of safeguarding the world from falsehood.

So, uh, y'all can take off your capes now. :)

Guys.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Look, I know how trolls work, I've been one. That is not a troll, that's a Republican.

There's a difference? :shifty:

So? Deal with it little guy.

I did, now the watchfull green eyes of justice watch over this thread :shifty:

Oi! My eyes are blue!

Our resident fundamentalist atheist should know better, anyway.

I also saw that McCain has been severely tortured. On the one hand it seems to have given him an ornery streak that prevents him being pushed around by the party. It also seems to have made him rightly opposed to mistreatment of detainees at Gitmo. On the other hand... um... hell, they both seem like good guys.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Where I'm from, trolls, like elves, halflings and gnomes aren't even allowed to join a party. I'm glad the American aren't as racist.

Also: Do you think Obama has a chance of becoming president? If not, wouldn't everyone, including McCain, be better than Bush? And whom would you like to see as vice president?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Where I'm from, trolls, like elves, halflings and gnomes aren't even allowed to join a party. I'm glad the American aren't as racist.

Also: Do you think Obama has a chance of becoming president? If not, wouldn't everyone, including McCain, be better than Bush? And whom would you like to see as vice president?

Yes, in fact I am still working on my election handicap for Liberty Post (I missed the June 1 publication because I have..you know.. a job, a life) but it will be done for the July one. I'll have it up here for free before that. I go state by state and predict who will win and analyze why. I also predict who the running mates will be, why, and what effect they will have on the election. The joke on Obama and McCain is no matter who wins we will have a democrat in the White House.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So Hillary's out, finally. A reasonable speech - she talked a lot about healthcare, so I wonder if she's got some policy promises from Obama on this issue, if not an actual job for herself.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

A part of me wonders if she will sabotage Obama's prospects on becoming president by a series proxy attacks. And then, she will be ready again by 2012.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm likely to vote for Obama again, but if McCain does get the nod I won't be all that put out. Hes a reliable leader who works with the best thing for the american in mind, plus he track in the jungle. I would feel sorry for the terrorist who hijacked air force one, it would be a blood bath Harrison Ford would be taxed to replicate.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.