What are you playing now?

I have a save game just outside the Irenicus Dungeon, in a solo-multiplayer game. All the important items are on Jaheira and so I can replace my character at any time - I'll suffer a minor xp penalty this way - but it's a small price to pay for being able to start the game directly in Athkatla.

Fortune favors the bald.

I like Irenicus' Dunegon myself as it is one of the best dunegons in any game. That said, I think people dislike it because after you play it once, you know that Athkatla opens up afterwards, and people want the freedom that brings...

No.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Eve Online, decided to give it a try, was disappointed to say the least. Decide to go back to X3, using the sector takeover and numerous other mods, took over the two unknown sectors below Maelstrom and took Merchant Heaven and Grand Exchange from Teladi control. Then did a scout mission of the next Xenon Sector and realised that's as far as I would be going for a while.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Eve Online, decided to give it a try, was disappointed to say the least. Decide to go back to X3, using the sector takeover and numerous other mods, took over the two unknown sectors below Maelstrom and took Merchant Heaven and Grand Exchange from Teladi control. Then did a scout mission of the next Xenon Sector and realised that's as far as I would be going for a while.

I was going to try Eve a while ago but wa ssomewhat put off by some things, mostly that the combat wasn't more realtime twitch style which I find more fun. So I never really bothered. What did you think of it?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Just finished Mass Effect.

It kept my interest until the end, which is pretty unusual, so it has that going for it. But the eventual 'reveal' was really disappointing. I see where they were going with the more cinematic feel. But the cinema they ended up mimicking for most of the game was a straightforward mediocre action film, complete with a never-wrong hero, a blandly evil villain, very reasonable politicians as an obstacle that we're all supposed to hate just because they're politicians (I laughed every time Shepard or Anderson got angry at the council because they didn't take my vague mystical vision as gospel), a plot that requires supreme suspension of disbelief (seriously--

an endless series of advanced intelligent races all inhabited the Citadel without questioning and investigating what it was there for and what its creepy immortal maintenance staff were doing there??

), swarms of evil robots, and some gratuitous near-nudity. I hate that kind of movie.

In its favor, though, Ferros and Noveria were both a lot of fun. Both had some good action, some good surprises (the uncertainty in the well-paced introduction of the

rachni and the thorian

was very effective in making the player feel both curious and vulnerable), and some interesting player choices at the end. Once those were done, though, the rest of the game was a letdown. (The much-ballyhooed drama on Virmire wasn't nearly as interesting to me.)

Not sure what I'll play next. Might toy around with a different ME character (I played this run as a paragon female infiltrator), but I doubt I'll stick with that for very long. CivIV, of course, is my default choice, so unless some other inspiration strikes me, I'll probably play some more of that. (There's a new official patch out, too.)

Just finished Mass Effect.

It kept my interest until the end, which is pretty unusual, so it has that going for it. But the eventual 'reveal' was really disappointing. I see where they were going with the more cinematic feel. But the cinema they ended up mimicking for most of the game was a straightforward mediocre action film, complete with a never-wrong hero, a blandly evil villain, very reasonable politicians as an obstacle that we're all supposed to hate just because they're politicians (I laughed every time Shepard or Anderson got angry at the council because they didn't take my vague mystical vision as gospel), a plot that requires supreme suspension of disbelief (seriously--

an endless series of advanced intelligent races all inhabited the Citadel without questioning and investigating what it was there for and what its creepy immortal maintenance staff were doing there??

), swarms of evil robots, and some gratuitous near-nudity. I hate that kind of movie.

I think the point is with the spoiler is that

ever civilization that came before was barely reaching the cusp of being able to probe the Keepers without them exploding, and finding new ways to travel, when the reapers pop up and start to wipe people out.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Doom 3; I really do not understand how this game can be considered "scary" unless it improves later on, as, from what I have seen so far, it is not as intense as the labs in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or the Ocean House in Bloodlines. I've even tried playing it at night with all the lights out, but, still, I'm not getting the terrifying experience others claim this game gives them.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

ever civilization that came before was barely reaching the cusp of being able to probe the Keepers without them exploding, and finding new ways to travel, when the reapers pop up and start to wipe people out.

I can buy that, but I don't get the whole

"move our whole governmental organization onto this massive mysterious structure before we know how it works and what those green dudes are."

I was going to try Eve a while ago but wa ssomewhat put off by some things, mostly that the combat wasn't more realtime twitch style which I find more fun. So I never really bothered. What did you think of it?

If you've played the Homeworld games, then you know how Eve plays. I never really thought I would enjoy the point and click combat and I was right, Eve seems very deep, skills, abilities, a economy monitored and developed by a economist, numerous ships and upgrades, but the style of it just doesn't keep me interested.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I can buy that, but I don't get the whole

"move our whole governmental organization onto this massive mysterious structure before we know how it works and what those green dudes are."

well

thats because of where it's located. The capital is usually the center of commerce and easy to get to and given that it seems like the citidel is within one or two Major Relays of the entire network like it's planted, it's set up for terrestial life, and it's easily defendable it'd be the perfect spot to post your capital. It'd be like a city situated on the top of a plateau that had the largest trading rout in the world passing through it. From what I understood the Relay system was designed to guide people to the citidel and I'm guessing that initially it was used as a stopover between colonies. However once more races found it it became more central and a neutral zone not controlled by anyone and thus perfect for an alien UN. That said I just realized a SLIGHT problem I encountered. The protheans died 50k years ago right? then why is there a monument that makes you relive the memories of a Cro-Mangon man from maybe 7k years ago?

Still plowing through Rondo of Blood. It's amazing how much artwork and sound Symphony of the Night recycled from it. Goes to show how much of a good reception a game can get when it predates on obscure Japanese games that Westerners have no idea about, like MGS did with MG2:SS.

The game often jumps between 'tough as nails' to 'easy as drunk jailbait' but regardless, it's an excellent title. Just whipped Death to, er, death after twenty tries or something. Hardest boss yet. And one of the best chapters in the series, hands down.

Edited by Diogo Ribeiro

Doom 3; I really do not understand how this game can be considered "scary" unless it improves later on, as, from what I have seen so far, it is not as intense as the labs in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or the Ocean House in Bloodlines. I've even tried playing it at night with all the lights out, but, still, I'm not getting the terrifying experience others claim this game gives them.

The only parts that made me jump were the imps that jumped out for the most ridiculous places. They were so ridiculously placed it was annoying, and their attacks were all the same so that also killed the mode. I did like the PDA option to follow the story, i thought that was a good idea. Without the pdas i don't think i would have cared to een finish the game.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yeah, I thought the PDAs were great - hopefully Doom 4 will have something like them.

EDIT: Have you tried the expansion pack yet? I'm borrowing both from a friend and so far it has been much better than the original.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Bloodlines

oh how I hate the sewers

and Arcanum and Fallout 1

...well, somewhat

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The protheans died 50k years ago right? then why is there a monument that makes you relive the memories of a Cro-Mangon man from maybe 7k years ago?

Cro-Magnons lived about 45-10 thousand years ago, by the 7th millenium BC, we already had pastoral and nomadic civilizations.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

... yeah...

still theres about a 5k year gap between prothean deaths and the advent of cromagnon.

Currently playing the Quest for Glory series.

Still got a certain charm to it that I simply haven't seen in any other series.

Was also struck by the similarities in that series to the modern story-driven cRPG. The only thing it's missing is the obligatory "branching story path". The details and scope have, naturally, been surpassed in every aspect, but the basic framework is right there.

Eerie.

I think I'm gonna buy Battlefield: Bad Company. The trailers were just too funny.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Divi Dead (yes I got a legal copy)

My brain is spinning trying to figure everything out. very well done game, a little too MUCH sex in it though :shruggles:

Just beaten Rondo with Maria, which was quite easy to do thanks to her double jumps. For some reason she reminds me of Parodius, with the special attacks and mock ending. With Richter it's more of a chore, since he's got a few moves but is still very much based on traditional control - he doesn't have the nifty dashes, whip lashes and slides from SotN (just your basic backflip). Still, I've beaten it 100% - all stages plus all villagers rescued.

Now, I think I'll play some Audiosurf.